Pechauer Rogue Shaft

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Pechauer's new carbon fiber shaft seems to be available for order (no longer pre-order) on their website: https://pechauer.com/go-rogue/

Does anyone have any inside info about this shaft? Any deflection comparisons between the different diameters offered and other LD (CF or other) shafts on the market? Has anyone tried it and have any initial impressions to report?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Believe it's still preorder as it says August/September for delivery. Im going to wait a long while before considering, really do want an 11.8mm CF shaft though.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Believe it's still preorder as it says August/September for delivery. Im going to wait a long while before considering, really do want an 11.8mm CF shaft though.

The difference is you can actually purchase one with money now, rather than just putting your name on a list.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Pechauer made it, you can bet your ass it's quality. Whether you or I can make more balls with it is another story! lol

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Was just checking out the Rogue on their website this weekend. I've read here they contribute a lot to youth billiards and I like that.

gregnice37

Silver Member
Was just checking out the Rogue on their website this weekend. I've read here they contribute a lot to youth billiards and I like that.

They definitely do. They sponsor a ton of juniors as well. Great company for sure. I'm sure I'll eventually get one of the rogue's as I'm close to trying all the CF shafts out there now.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried it at the Expo. I’ve tried all the carbon fiber shafts. I play with a Revo 12.4. The Pechauer felt excellent, and was as low deflection as any of them. Now that said, it can be tough to really get a feel for deflection on a bar table. It seemed as low or lower than the Revo. Hit was excellent as well. And that was a 12.5mm prototype I was using. I really liked it, and they are a great company.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried it at the Expo. I’ve tried all the carbon fiber shafts. I play with a Revo 12.4. The Pechauer felt excellent, and was as low deflection as any of them. Now that said, it can be tough to really get a feel for deflection on a bar table. It seemed as low or lower than the Revo. Hit was excellent as well. And that was a 12.5mm prototype I was using. I really liked it, and they are a great company.

KMRUNOUT

I wonder how they were able to keep it as low in deflection as the revo while having the ferrule?

I've played every other known CF production shaft to date....other than the Pechauer Rogue and all of them that sported a white ferrule had a considerable amount of deflection compared to the revos.

I'm extremely eager to hit with the Pechauer Rogue. I "thought" I was gonna get to try one a while back but, the guy had to change his plans and I didn't get to meet him:banghead:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how they were able to keep it as low in deflection as the revo while having the ferrule?

I've played every other known CF production shaft to date....other than the Pechauer Rogue and all of them that sported a white ferrule had a considerable amount of deflection compared to the revos.

I'm extremely eager to hit with the Pechauer Rogue. I "thought" I was gonna get to try one a while back but, the guy had to change his plans and I didn't get to meet him:banghead:
My guess it is not actually a ferrule on the Pechauer Rogue shaft and they are just smart enough with regards the construction to keep the low end mass while having a good feel of the hit and aiming. On the pictures it looks very promising so I'm pretty sure it's going to be very good and solid playing shaft. It's a pity no 31" option though than it would be such a temptation to get one.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

so even a tiny ferrule makes a noticable difference?

we need that testing robot asap

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revo, Pechauer CF and Mezz CF all felt about the same. Cuetec and Meucci CF shafts felt a lot like standard wood shafts. While some people like that, then why not just get a wood LD shaft and save $200-300?

Preference between them would probably come down to diameter and taper differences.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so even a tiny ferrule makes a noticable difference?

we need that testing robot asap

Yes, even the smallest of ferrules make a difference.

If they could make the first .5" white CF it would do away with the need for a ferrule. That would change deflection while at the same time taking care of the visual issues "some" have with the revos.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, even the smallest of ferrules make a difference.

If they could make the first .5" white CF it would do away with the need for a ferrule. That would change deflection while at the same time taking care of the visual issues "some" have with the revos.
That little sliver of a ferrule will not increase deflection that you will be able see. Any "perceived" defl. increase is, imo, outweighed by the visual aid of having it there. Also makes it far easier to replace tips, something that on a Revo is kind of a pita.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like one will be forced to buy a matching butt as the diameter of the shaft is .850. Predator & Mezz use .840 if I am not mistaken.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Seems like one will be forced to buy a matching butt as the diameter of the shaft is .850. Predator & Mezz use .840 if I am not mistaken.

The Uniloc for Rogue is .840. You were probably looking a something different, not sure.

gregnice37

Silver Member

Yeah I think each pin is different. I would need a radial and that says .840 which is perfect

M0NSTERKILLER

Registered

Is a standard butt .840? I was looking at these because they offer my specs. I need the piloted one and it is .850 as well. If it is true it wouldn’t fit my butt perfectly or as close to is rather unfortunate.

Sean Hallett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to Pechauer the 11.8 has a conical taper and the 12.4/12.8 has a pro taper. Maybe it's impossible to go below 12mm without having that kind of taper on a CF?

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, one explanation is that I'm wrong. Its always possible that the feel of the shaft makes me subconsciously hit a certain way to minimize deflection, so that it *feels* like low deflection. IDK. Also, testing on a bar table doesn't say too much about deflection either.

Interesting thing: I think I'm gonna switch back from the 12.4 Revo to my 314-3. My 314-3 has WAY less deflection than the Revo. Mine is "special", its turned down to about 12.4 or so and is light weight. Its really no comparison in deflection. Too bad, because I like the Revo in many other ways.

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That little sliver of a ferrule will not increase deflection that you will be able see. Any "perceived" defl. increase is, imo, outweighed by the visual aid of having it there. Also makes it far easier to replace tips, something that on a Revo is kind of a pita.

Agree with your last two statements, completely disagree with your first. A *gram* on the end of your shaft makes a noticeable difference in deflection. So yeah, a ferrule will make a difference, the *I* will be able to notice. Can't speak for what others might notice.

KMRUNOUT