Thread: How much Shim?
View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
muskyed
AzB Silver Member
muskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond reputemuskyed has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-28-2020, 01:06 PM

Not a professional here, but would agree with a strong likely hood of the frame sagging, that would require a little more shimming of the center slate, than the end ones. Went through this on my last Brunswick when I took it apart to recover. Balls rolled slightly to the center prior to the recover. Before resetting the slates, and while they were off, I reinforced the frame by gluing and screwing another layer of 3/4" oak around the whole inside perimeter of the frame. This really strengthened up and stiffened the frame. Did it last year about this time, and the level has had no noticeable change. It was quite easy for me to do, as I have a full woodworking shop at my home.