Tournament in new York, world's best 6, winner receives 150k

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Maybe he's not doing it to promote the game
Maybe it's all for his amusement, and maybe he gets a cut of the kozoom sales in it somehow

Maybe

But don't hold your breath for a free stream

mazin shooni

Registered
I hope that the event is a great Success and I am sure it will be and wish all the players the best of luck, My only hope that the USBA was included in this,

Best to all
Mazin Shooni
USBA President

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope that the event is a great Success and I am sure it will be and wish all the players the best of luck, My only hope that the USBA was included in this,

Best to all
Mazin Shooni
USBA President

I too wish all the players the best of luck. My only concern is that the USBA seems not to have been consulted by the UMB in the planning of this event. As it is being held in this country this seems to me to be rather odd.

Last edited:

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can afford to bankroll a tournament like this and you are promoting the game you free stream it for the public to see no Kozoom or other memberships required.

[COLOR=I believe there will be a live stream with the help of Kazoom[/COLOR]

Last edited:

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i hope this event is the success the promoters anticipate!

Secondly, it will be curious to see how the chosen players handle the pressure playing for this kind of money! If the winner goes thru the tournament undefeated, he will have played for $2,885.00 per point!

i personally have been in this position a several times in my life and have come out on top!

I have played 3 cushion for $2.00 a game all the way up to $90,000.00 a game, and i can tell you from my own experience for me, the only differences were the 'zero's!'

for me, winning is everything, because it was always about the money, period!

I'm glad to see that i'm still alive to see this type of prize fund started in this country, i only wish my game was at the level i know it could be to be able to participate in a such a special venue!

"good shooting and good billiards" to all the players!

an interesting thought....I would be nervous playing for that kind of cheese even tho it is not my own.....I know you probably would not tho

Last edited:

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Best to all
Mazin Shooni
USBA President

You are right!
This wealthy patron could have put up $500,000.00 in prize money instead of $608,000.00.
That extra $108,000.00 could have been put to good use in promoting 3-Cushion Billiards and encouraging new 3-Cushion players all across the US.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis, just for the sake of argument, let's assume you and I were on the beach some time ago. We found an old lamp, rubbed it, and out popped a genie. She gave us only one wish, and instead of being selfish, we decided to wish for some billionaire to come along and sink a million dollars into our beloved sport of 3-cushion.

To our amazement, the wish was granted. What were we to say to the genie?
"STUPID WOMAN. YOU USED THE WRONG BILLIONAIRE."

I think that would not only be extremely rude, it would also qualify as an effort to be more catholic than the Pope.

This tournament will do a lot more than stroke a rich man's ego. It will be the shot in the arm the game is in dire need of, on the American continent even more than anywhere else.

The Crystal Kelly tournaments (1994 - 2011) were not streamed, the McCreery will be. We could look this gift horse in the mouth, or we could look forward to some mouth-watering 3-cushion in August.
And enjoy the irony: that the event was named after a tax man.

Bert: I have always enjoyed your pithy comments and your wit. I hope you enjoy my wit also but suspect it is only about half the time....

I am making a video concerning genies and beaches that I hope will amuse you.....too long to type out although I am working from sort of a script. Will be working on the third take sometime today and if happy will be posting it on you tube. it will be no more than 5 minutes long and I am looking forward to your comments on it.

Cheerzzzz

ddddddddddddddddddddd

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Did we go back in time or have we entered the goolag as Dennis would say

This thread was longer yesterday

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Seems now that ira and Roberts names have been removed from the article

I'm over it,I don't care how much money is or isn't up for grabs
I don't need money to get me interested in billiards
I don't even watch or play 3c anyway
Cancelled my kozoom membership last yr

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right!
This wealthy patron could have put up $500,000.00 in prize money instead of $608,000.00.
That extra $108,000.00 could have been put to good use in promoting 3-Cushion Billiards and encouraging new 3-Cushion players all across the US.

That wouldn't make any difference, IMO. The IPT put up millions in prize money and in professional production, and got pool back on actual TV 10 years ago, and no difference came from that. I can't imagine promoting 3 cushion billiards would work any better than promoting 8 ball did.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Robert's name is still in the thread.

Mike

Seems now that ira and Roberts names have been removed from the article

I'm over it,I don't care how much money is or isn't up for grabs
I don't need money to get me interested in billiards
I don't even watch or play 3c anyway
Cancelled my kozoom membership last yr

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
The kazoom article I read initially did not have the name of the sponser. I read it thoroughly.

I read it the day it was released
And remember the names

Also a group in Facebook copied it, and still has the original with the names

albatross

cynical squared
Silver Member
The Kozoom article had an incorrect statement in it. The tournament format is going to be a 12 man round robin. The Verhoeven is July 23 - 29. The Kozoom people will need a week to set up their equipment at the site of the McCreery, which is being held August 5 - 11. Three ROK tables will be used at the event.