Gettin back into playing after getting my new BHQ..but I need a new case!

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brent made me up a puuurrrdy new cue that I got in last week, love the cue and have played twice with it to try and get used to it, but now i'm faced with a problem, it is waaay too big for my old case and I'm pretty sure its too big for any case out there right now :(.

Heres the cue http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=68027

It measures 34" on the butt when in my case (33.5" out of case) and just over 31.5" on the shaft out of the case.

Does anyone know of any cases that would work to protect my new toy? Or even a casemaker who would make a plain case to hold it? I'm not looking for a custom hand tooled crazy case, just something to hold my cues and let me know they are protected. I'm assuming once I get JP's for the cue it will be roughly 34" so that is my measuring point.

Thank you in advance,
James

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Try Dan whitter, aka Whitten Case, Dennis Swift, or Garth Bair make em longer than normal, what ever normal is? ;)

Also if you are on a tighter budget Mueller sells,Giuseppe Cases, that come 1x 1, to 3 x 6 in many configerations, if 31.5" will get you by, that should work as I just measured a 1 x 1 Giuseppe Case that the other half owns. It is fine for 31.5"
cheers.gif

Last you got Ron Thomas if you are looking for simple classic design. Ron don't have a web-site, but you can reach him the old way, (337) 254-8494 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a couple 60 inch cues, and the guiseppe case will work for them, but without the joint protectors. I also asked around for cue cases, and I got a suggestion to check out Joe Porper.

I think for this size cue with joint protectors....you will need a custom cue case. I suggest giving Joe Porper a call. If you do, please let me know what he says. I plan to get one, but have been pretty busy with work, and I am going to get a custom cue...when I have the time and money.

That is a great cue. I thought about getting a 64" cue also, but most cue makers won't go that long, and those that do, have astronomical prices.
I didn't realize 63" was the maximum regulation length.

Now, I'm not 6'8" tall, but I like long cues, and so do a lot of Filipino players. After experimenting with different cues. I think 60" works out well for me....But I too will need to get a custom cue case.

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would go with vincitore, its what im using now, i like it better than guessepie and instroke, and a hell of a lot cheaper too. it's got reinforced metal tubes for the cues a nice big pocket for your jump cues and accessories and looks really nice to boot.

i really do think spending more than 100 on a case is a little excessive and wanting a custom case is a little erm.. extravagant.

http://www.jjcue.com/vincitorecases_Leather.htm
http://www.jjcue.com/vincitorecases_PVC.htm

Last edited:

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ioCross said:
i would go with vincitore, its what im using now, i like it better than guessepie and instroke, and a hell of a lot cheaper too. it's got reinforced metal tubes for the cues a nice big pocket for your jump cues and accessories and looks really nice to boot.

i really do think spending more than 100 on a case is a little excessive and wanting a custom case is a little erm.. extravagant.

http://www.jjcue.com/vincitorecases_Leather.htm
http://www.jjcue.com/vincitorecases_PVC.htm

WOW! Those are great prices....but I didn't see any specs on the lengths???

The original post mentions a 34" butt, and most standard cue cases only hold up to 30" (+/- 1") shafts/butts.

BPG24

Banned
okinawa77 said:
I checked this website out. They are a little pricey, and I didn't see any length options.

Call Garth at OnQ and explain to him what your situation is and ask him if he can build you something in your price range. He is very easy to deal with.

From my experience their prices are cheaper than many of the Custom Case Makers.

they are much higher than mass produced cases, but you get what you pay for

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
Call Garth at OnQ and explain to him what your situation is and ask him if he can build you something in your price range. He is very easy to deal with.

From my experience their prices are cheaper than many of the Custom Case Makers.

they are much higher than mass produced cases, but you get what you pay for
Yeah, you are right. For the style and workmanship of the cue cases I saw, the prices are lower than most custom case makers.
I will give Garth a call when I fly back to the U.S.

Thanks for the link/info.:)

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
still looking around...seems swift cases might be the cheapest to go with right now

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I will make you any style of production case you can find at J&J in the length you need for a reasonable price. I am at the source and can customize any type of production case made.

In addition I can of course also do a full custom case but I am backed up quite a bit right now.

www.jbcases.com