Who Is "Big O"

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Who is Big O ?
I know it's not Oscar Robertson. Buddy Hall is in the room practicing on the Diamond table and a player the same size and age (approx.) came in and said to just call him "Big O"...
Anyone have a clue ?
Doug (pool detective)

Edited to add: brownish hair, balding, hair comes to a point (widow's peak), built Exactly like Buddy and smokes a cigar.

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think there is a black guy up this way with that nickname, but he'd be much younger than Buddy.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
I da know, but I think he has a lot of girlfriends. A lot of ladies are always looking for him. :D :D :D

Russ

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Don't Have A Camera Phone Because I Don't Have A CELL Phone

Jimmy M. said:
I guess it isn't Oliver Miller either. ;)

Great, we only have a few Billion more people to rule OUT...
Doug :)

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Who is Big O ?
I know it's not Oscar Robertson. Buddy Hall is in the room practicing on the Diamond table and a player the same size and age (approx.) came in and said to just call him "Big O"...
Anyone have a clue ?
Doug (pool detective)

Edited to add: brownish hair, balding, hair comes to a point (widow's peak), built Exactly like Buddy and smokes a cigar.

Smorgie,

I just looked at this thread this morning. If I had to venture a guess, I'de say Bob Ogburn, a taller man of "some repute" on the senior circuit, who, by the way, is friends with Buddy Hall.
If you saw the guy described above, maybe you can recognize him again. There is a clip of him on Pro Pool Video...
http://propoolvideo.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/limit,15/limitstart,15/

Hope this helps

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
As A Detective, I Make A Good CHEF

Terry Ardeno said:
Smorgie,

I just looked at this thread this morning. If I had to venture a guess, I'de say Bob Ogburn, a taller man of "some repute" on the senior circuit, who, by the way, is friends with Buddy Hall.
If you saw the guy described above, maybe you can recognize him again. There is a clip of him on Pro Pool Video...
http://propoolvideo.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/limit,15/limitstart,15/

Hope this helps

Terry,
I didn't see this player in person, I had a call asking me if I could identify him and I said that I'd ask online. I know Bob Ogburn and the description didn't fit him. The "Big O" in question was big and heavy and shaped like a pear. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Bob though. Thanks for the link to the pool match.

Doc,
I think Buddy IS in town for the upcoming Florida Pro Tour stop at Capone's.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Terry,
I didn't see this player in person, I had a call asking me if I could identify him and I said that I'd ask online. I know Bob Ogburn and the description didn't fit him. The "Big O" in question was big and heavy and shaped like a pear. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Bob though. Thanks for the link to the pool match.

Doc,
I think Buddy IS in town for the upcoming Florida Pro Tour stop at Capone's.

Last time I saw Bob Ogburn, he was still tall and not heavyset at all. I'd post a picture up of him, but because of a lame comment about a picture I posted of a pool player a short time ago, I am today trying to exercise caution when posting pictures of players who may desire to fly under the radar. :p

Hmm, "shaped like a pear" reminds me of the thread on the other forum pertaining to Big Goose [not to be confused with Geese]:

Excerpt from The Snap: With fellow players from Kansas City, he went to the famous tournaments of the decade. Events like The Stardust Open in Las Vegas and The World All-Around Championships in Johnston City, Illinois, became his training ground in the following years.

Benny remembers it was his first trip to Johnston City when he got the nickname he was to make famous. One of his best friends, a player named Al George, told promoter George Jansco to announce Benny as "The Pear," an affectionate nickname the Kansas City players had given him because of his unusual shape, but when George got ready to announce the players, he had forgotten the nickname. He guessed, and to the surprise of all, Benny "The Goose" Conway came out. When later asked about his choice, George said, "Well, he reminds me of a big goose."

JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Doc, I think Buddy IS in town for the upcoming Florida Pro Tour stop at Capone's.

I feel kind of lame asking this, but will there be any more senior tournaments down Florida way? As soon as Keith turns legal age to play in one, they cease to exist. :D

JAM

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
JAM said:
Last time I saw Bob Ogburn, he was still tall and not heavyset at all. I'd post a picture up of him, but because of a lame comment about a picture I posted of a pool player a short time ago, I am today trying to exercise caution when posting pictures of players who may desire to fly under the radar. :p

Hmm, "shaped like a pear" reminds me of the thread on the other forum pertaining to Big Goose [not to be confused with Geese]:
JAM

I thought about the Goose when the Big O was described as pear shaped and smoking a cigar, but he (Goose) doesn't have brown hair and mostly bald and he may still have his moustache ( I've had mine since '75 )....
Doug
( there have been some really good pictures of players put up this morning on onepocket.org by Captain Hook )

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She'll be Mad

pbat2751 said:
Since you were alone.... No!:eek:

Keep both hands on the keyboard at all times.
My girl will be ticked off if it doesn't count. All that work for nothing!

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
Damn Stedman is going to get you for that...

ribdoner said:
OPRAH....from what I hear forgot more moves than most will know when it comes to one hole

:eek: OOPS!!! Actually i just opened this thread for some new stroke techniques ! :confused:

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
In mah country we make the sexy time with the big rich woman...

Poor skinny woman, not so much...

Oprah.. NIIIIIIICCCE!

Russ

Attachments

• borat.jpg
    borat.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 212

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like Olinski

Sounds like Olinski, a guy who hangs out at the pool hall in Mobile, he owns a gentlemen's club and invented an energy drink, goes by the name Big O and is shaped just like Buddy but abount 6 or so years younger.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
The Big O... Stands For 2 'n OUT

jungledude said:
Sounds like Olinski, a guy who hangs out at the pool hall in Mobile, he owns a gentlemen's club and invented an energy drink, goes by the name Big O and is shaped just like Buddy but abount 6 or so years younger.

I just this second got off the phone with Buddy while he's practicing at Planet 9-Ball. Even though this fellow talked and acted like a player and practiced on the Diamond table with Buddy, Buddy didn't know him. Big O played in last night's weekly 9 Ball tournament and went 2'n Out. He was illuminated by P-9-Ball's cue repairman Pete S.
Hump, you, Casey and Joey A. met my friend Pete at Grady's Senior's tournament in Naples,FL. and we all went to the Chinese Buffet for dinner....remember

Buddy's in town to relax and play in some local tournaments. Tomorrow he will be playing at Hammerhead's, where Corey Deuel is now the House Pro.
He will also be at Capones for the Florida Tour stop.
Doug
( well King, I guess we can call this case CLOSED......'Sergeant Preston of The Yukon' )

Last edited: