Willard shaper question

jed1894

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got one of these in to try. I assume you use it like you would the Ultimate cue tip shaper, right? Like making fire? Just twist back-and-forth holding the shaper with your foot?

JEd

Sensation

right there
Silver Member
That's how I use it... I just don't like the fact that the base is spherical.
I like my atrox tool for this purpose.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Youll see alot of people "drilling" them into the floor like that, Ive always thought it was the wrong way....How I use them is like this...
Either from a sitting position, or standing with your right foot on a chair, lay the cue across your thigh at the balance point, tip pointing to the left (if you right handed, if lefty reverse leg and cue direction) . While your right hand lays on the cue, palm down (holds cue in place and allows you to roll the cue up and down your thigh), use your left hand to hold the Willard so that the tip is in the shaper. Then roll the cue while moving your left hand in unison to the cue (ie as you are rolling the cue towards your knee, your left hand is moving in pace with it in the same direction. When you reverse and come back towards your body, the left hand follows the cue back)
Hope this helps
Chuck