Red, White & Blue Cue Ball ?

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone out there know anything about the origin of this vintage cue ball?
It appears to have a "patriotic" theme.

redwhitebluecueball.JPG

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
I don't know about the ball, but it is Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to You and Yours Mr. Bond.

speedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone out there know anything about the origin of this vintage cue ball?
It appears to have a "patriotic" theme.

View attachment 164638

I believe the balls were made in 1876 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Many items were painted red, white, and blue during that year including machinery, barns, implements, etc.

Speedi

hunger strike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Golf Pocket Billiards Ball, Red, White, and Blue

The Brooks Company of Brooklyn who made this Golf game had two clay balls in the set; the other ball was orange with two huge green dots on the sides, or you could interpret it as a green ball with a HUGE ORANGE STRIPE! Neither ball had numbers. The other two balls in the set were 2 1/4" but were made of hard rubber with a swirled, multicolored surface; the two rubber balls were obstacles that were placed around the 9th hole in the center of the table. I had the entire boxed set with the shipper's COD tag from 1930 which explains the rarity of the game. This can all be verified by the man who gave me the set, table mechanic Ted Pierson of Joplin, MO. My set was stolen. I know who stole it and I may get it back. By the way, the two clay balls had their own 2-ball yellow cardboard box so they wouldn't damage the paint of the wooden golf "holes" that went in front of the pockets. Now you know.