Mr 600

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. . . Months upon months and still no video evidence oh I really think the 626 is an absolute sham, only time will tell, those narcissists who make the public wait to see evidence will have to answer eventually.
Question for Danny:

We all know that even in major 14.1 competitions either player (or both players) may request a very brief biology break of any sort. During John's multi-hours run, there unquestionably would have been a few such typical play-interruptions.

We can assume "dead air" if the recording equipment stayed on during such time-outs, and that these equipment-idle, information-free and irrelevant minutes would be edited out for continuity.

For the mass of eventual viewers, devoid of any sham suspicions or equipment-compromising suspicions, I believe 99% will be rigorously satisfied that the publicly viewable finished video meets the scientific standard of extraordinary evidence for all extraordinary claims (claims regarding alleged events, scientific results, novel inventions, or medical advances).

I completely agree that every instance you've cited of John's interference and bad behavior and words toward you (and other people) in past encounters was unprofessional and uncivil. Many well-known actors and musicians have been guilty of equally harmful and offensive lapses throughout their careers. Most of the public manages to appreciate the value and quality of their respective performances in spite of the alarming bouts of incivility.

I guess my question is, can you envision a point where the forthcoming video of the run -- probably edited for strictly understandable reasons -- can be considered in your mind as acceptable and coherent evidence that the extraordinary run did occur?

Arnaldo

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I get it that yer John's pr agent aka the guy that tries to smooth over the lie's, my question (since you seem to know so much about the elusive video) IS IT REAL - or are ya'll just dancing with murkin' up the lines of truth and deceit. It would seem that bca and other politicly motivated piggie's are workin on the video product, i guess it takes a while to finish the editing eh? When do you think the proof will be available JazzyJeff87? The reason I asked is - I just googled "what the what is world record for most balls made in 14.1". The answer I received was a man from Springfield :-0 Ohio - Willie Mosconi's 526 - and it's says nothing bout schmidt. I do not believe everything I read on google but it would seem they do not accept fake news without proof either - maybe they are a collection of intelligent individuals - that know how to think for themselves.
You really don't understand how Google works do you?

Not that the first hit means anything since it's a Wikipedia article about Mosconi, but if you click on it you will find this nugget:

The record has since been broken by*John Schmidt*on May 27, 2019.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Question for Danny:

We all know that even in major 14.1 competitions either player (or both players) may request a very brief biology break of any sort. During John's multi-hours run, there unquestionably would have been a few such typical play-interruptions.

We can assume "dead air" if the recording equipment stayed on during such time-outs, and that these equipment-idle, information-free and irrelevant minutes would be edited out for continuity.

For the mass of eventual viewers, devoid of any sham suspicions or equipment-compromising suspicions, I believe 99% will be rigorously satisfied that the publicly viewable finished video meets the scientific standard of extraordinary evidence for all extraordinary claims (claims regarding alleged events, scientific results, novel inventions, or medical advances).

I completely agree that every instance you've cited of John's interference and bad behavior and words toward you (and other people) in past encounters was unprofessional and uncivil. Many well-known actors and musicians have been guilty of equally harmful and offensive lapses throughout their careers. Most of the public manages to appreciate the value and quality of their respective performances in spite of the alarming bouts of incivility.

I guess my question is, can you envision a point where the forthcoming video of the run -- probably edited for strictly understandable reasons -- can be considered in your mind as acceptable and coherent evidence that the extraordinary run did occur?

Arnaldo

My answer is no, I assume nothing except what I have seen, John's attitude when winning or freewheeling in front of his friends is normal. When his opponent is winning he will nudge balls and replace them ie do what ever it takes to get the money. He IS always trying to see what he can get away with, his mouth is usually moving a hundred miles an hr when you see him. Take a close look at his eyes (window to the soul) while racking the balls for me in the beginning of our last 14.1 tar match (North Kc), he is using his energy the wrong way - giving me a crooked loose rack and blatantly trying to pull a move from the very beginning - also I believe that cheaters seldom win. Trying to pull moves due to nervous energy of a possible loss is a sign of weakness in character. I also understand he changed ends of the table during this fictitious mystery video of 626 (racking at the opposite end)? So yes I would say there is usually larceny associated with him and his camp, I would trust him as far as I could toss him - which is further than he thinks.

Make all the jokes you want, I still agree with google. I care little about what other top players are compensated for saying on his behalf as well. I don't hate the man, but I do think he has much to learn about trying to be an honest person. People who try and pull moves to win - gain very little respect with me - no mas how many they run on a 5" bucket "politickly correct table", also they usually don't get much action as players will avoid them like the plague.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
keep me out

I haven’t watched either play more than a match or two just because most were older and the videos don’t show up well and old movies, videos, etc make me feel weird. Efren has kept competing and I’ve seen that knuckle play, and linger, plenty ‘o times.

America is the greatest place on earth as we invented America, one pocket, air conditioning, pyramids, electricity, atoms, Area 51, meth, Kama sutra, mocha Frappuccino, and weight lifting.

And yes the video is real. 17 friends, fambly, and fellow pro players have seen it so far and are currently snickering behind hands. Several balls were nudged during the first few hundred run so we’ve been figuring out the best way to obscure that fact. The Illuminati have been collaborating with ISIS on some new Videoshop technology (Isis actually doesn’t kill people they just have good editors and auto company crash test dummies)

The whole thing was predicted by Nostradamus in 6000 BC. A secret sect kept the prophecy alive and then raised Nostradamus when he was finally born so he could re-confirm his earlier life’s predictions. This led to the creation of fire, and also the Freemasons, who slowly but surely planted the seeds for the game of billiards to be born. Since then they have shaped the entire history of the earth, which is actually a computer program, to this specific moment in time. They created many splinter groups along the way for they knew they would need to be strong to pull off this “record”.

And the record being broken? You guessed it. Also faked to make this whole drama possible. Willie mosconi was AI. So to all of you who said he could’ve just kept that run going....you were right, if he wasn’t supposed to miss he could still be shooting today, with small breaks for preventive maintenance of course...but wait?!?! Would that disqualify the run?

you sound like some sort of engineer? Keep me out of yer fantasy matrix worldlyness, John would be the slight underdog' playing me in a long set of 14.1 on the 5x10. He had me underestimated and is fully aware of that now. I have almost zero respect for him as a person (when i asked him if he wanted to defend his statements towards me in a physical contest - he starts talking bout being a bullet head - which is normal behavior for a bully/coward. Yes that is how I really feel. Better days towards the folk that are honest and still fight fair.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for Danny:

Arnaldo

Obviously not Danny, but a couple of thoughts.

First: how many potty breaks does a guy really need during a run? He's wearing a glove so he doesn't even need to go to wash his hands.

Second: buy any kind of PPV and there is "dead air" so that's totally bogus. Guys take bathroom and/or smoke breaks and the camera is still rolling focused on the table. So there's no good reason, especially if this is going to be a PPV, why "dead air" should be an issue.

Third: last time I checked the Pope didn't have any pool players up for sainthood. Now just recently, we've all read about how even the great Bata Reyes sharks his opponents. So why wouldn't you want to double check JS?

Fourth: This isn't just another run we're talking about. It is a claim to the longest run in pool history and as such demands the highest level of scrutiny.

And Fifth: if there ain't no problem with the run, and it's PPV -- where fitting it onto a DVD is not an issue -- put it all up unless you have something to hide. Shut us all up and show us all that it really was a great "clean" run.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I really doubt that those involved in pulling the video together for release care even a little about how fast a few disgruntled players think it should be released.

Maybe they are pulling together some bonus content of historically significant chalk flicking episodes.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Obviously not Danny, but a couple of thoughts.

First: how many potty breaks does a guy really need during a run? He's wearing a glove so he doesn't even need to go to wash his hands.

Second: buy any kind of PPV and there is "dead air" so that's totally bogus. Guys take bathroom and/or smoke breaks and the camera is still rolling focused on the table. So there's no good reason, especially if this is going to be a PPV, why "dead air" should be an issue.

Third: last time I checked the Pope didn't have any pool players up for sainthood. Now just recently, we've all read about how even the great Bata Reyes sharks his opponents. So why wouldn't you want to double check JS?

Fourth: This isn't just another run we're talking about. It is a claim to the longest run in pool history and as such demands the highest level of scrutiny.

And Fifth: if there ain't no problem with the run, and it's PPV -- where fitting it onto a DVD is not an issue -- put it all up unless you have something to hide. Shut us all up and show us all that it really was a great "clean" run.

Lou Figueroa

Here’s what I like to find for watching snooker matches...after they go to YouTube.
...known as short form....I don’t need to see an empty table or refs racking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KyPYkEfzME

I hope JS eliminates bathroom breaks and cue chalking.
...I don’t think JS can satisfy his detractors...and I don’t think he should try....
...’cause they won’t be satisfied.

I would like some good commentary though.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Your one of the nobody's that Lou was referring to.I am sure if I follow yer advice I'll end up a nobody reject coward spy. Why would u think I post at the library? Are u and yer 911 reject coward teem watching me? Maybe u gained some financial benefit from that facial recognition co after 911 - Good luck with that, those who pay too much attention to others are surely doing so - cause they have no life of their own eh deanoc. This is an open forum - i will convey my thoughts how I wish about mr.schmidt. If u have a problem with it then deal with it, if u think I listen to nobody coward spies - such as u - yer sadly mistaken. Oh if I see u at the library - or 1 of yer reject coward spies - I'm sure u will just keep hiding. If hawks of truth make u nervous then run for shelter deanoc.

Somebody seriously needs to have a look in your basement.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Requirements for John Schmidt's run:

A Signed Affidavit.
Video.
Forensic analysis of video.
No possible foul.
When, where and how was cueball picked up.
Were the balls polished if so when.
How did the table play.
Did the end of the table he played on give him an advantage.
Did the pockets have an unusual drop.
Did the Sardo Rack help.
If a rag was used to wipe ball did the rag have anything on it.
Who racked the balls.
Were the balls racked correctly.
Was BCA certification legitimate
Did the BCA receive an unedited tape
ETC. ETC.

Requirement for Willie Mosconi's run:

A Signed Affidavit.

A few recent additional requirements to add for John's run.

Thanks to Danny (I don't hate John) Harriman, and Lou (John and I are good, he apologized to me) "Rambo" Figueroa.

Are top players being compensated to say things on John's behalf?
How many potty breaks did John take?
Is there any dead air in the video?
Has John been double checked cause he is not a saint?
This demands the highest level of scrutiny.

Still only one single requirement for Willie's run = A Signed Affidavit

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here’s what I like to find for watching snooker matches...after they go to YouTube.
...known as short form....I don’t need to see an empty table or refs racking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KyPYkEfzME

I hope JS eliminates bathroom breaks and cue chalking.
...I don’t think JS can satisfy his detractors...and I don’t think he should try....
...’cause they won’t be satisfied.

I would like some good commentary though.

I don't think your comment is true at all.

If it's a good run it's a good run. I've seen plenty of them going back to Crane's 150 and out against Balsis, to Robles' run of 148 or 149 at the US Open in NYC in 2000. You see something like that you applaud it, end of story. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with offering congratulations after seeing the whole thing. The only thing that's unlikely to happen is release of an unedited run, so we probably will never know.

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I really doubt that those involved in pulling the video together for release care even a little about how fast a few disgruntled players think it should be released.

Maybe they are pulling together some bonus content of historically significant chalk flicking episodes.

How dare you sir. The pool nobodies have spoken. Who cares if the BCA saw the unedited version and confirmed it's the new record, if a pool nobody has not seen it, it doesn't count. Though, it is fun watching them squirm as if their opinion counts for anything on this subject. It's the record, its' over, end of story.

I'm sure there were the same goofs and idiots that argued about Moscoini's record run at the time... hey, the table was this, the balls were that, it was not a regulation match, blah, blah, blah. Yep, even the pool nobodies back then had no affect on the outcome.

I mean, they say Trump won the last election, but I never saw the actual ballots, and until I do, I say FDR is still the guy to beat ;) lol

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I'm sure there were the same goofs and idiots that argued about Moscoini's record run at the time... hey, the table was this, the balls were that, it was not a regulation match, blah, blah, blah. Yep, even the pool nobodies back then had no affect on the outcome. ...
Maybe like this? :wink:

PandBJune1997.jpg

Reactions: KRJ

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I don't think your comment is true at all.

If it's a good run it's a good run. I've seen plenty of them going back to Crane's 150 and out against Balsis, to Robles' run of 148 or 149 at the US Open in NYC in 2000. You see something like that you applaud it, end of story. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with offering congratulations after seeing the whole thing. The only thing that's unlikely to happen is release of an unedited run, so we probably will never know.

Lou Figueroa

Not sure what you mean by “true comment”...are you saying that’s not how I feel?

I feel a small minority are judging JS to be guilty until he proves himself innocent.
...you’ve been one of them for years
You started years ago by accusing him of cleaning the balls.

Years ago, I was doing one of my rare practise sessions with another player...
...we were going to play in a snooker tournament overseas.....we couldn’t get anything going.
....I told him to take a coffee break...I vacuumed the table and put the balls through the
ball cleaner....we started knocking out games in one run.

I don’t think it’s unethical to want clean conditions...letting the balls and cloth get dirty
does not make you a better person.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what you mean by “true comment”...are you saying that’s not how I feel?

I feel a small minority are judging JS to be guilty until he proves himself innocent.
...you’ve been one of them for years
You started years ago by accusing him of cleaning the balls.

Years ago, I was doing one of my rare practise sessions with another player...
...we were going to play in a snooker tournament overseas.....we couldn’t get anything going.
....I told him to take a coffee break...I vacuumed the table and put the balls through the
ball cleaner....we started knocking out games in one run.

I don’t think it’s unethical to want clean conditions...letting the balls and cloth get dirty
does not make you a better person.

"..I don’t think JS can satisfy his detractors...and I don’t think he should try....
...’cause they won’t be satisfied."

Lou Figueroa

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
both versions

The cost of storage space and DVD disks is so cheap today that the extra cost of putting both versions out, the edited version with voice over and the raw unedited version, can easily be added to the price of a single version. Of course he could market them separately too.

I think it is already too late to market the video(s) for best commercial success but we will see how it goes I suspect.

Hu

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First paragraph: "I've heard..."

Lou Figueroa

Preceding that...Bob did say 'LIKE'.

Claim otherwise all you want, bit there were certainly questioners or even non-believers, re: 526.

Claim otherwise all you want, but there is clearly no evidence that will change everyone's position on the 626.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Preceding that...Bob did say 'LIKE'.

Claim otherwise all you want, bit there were certainly questioners or even non-believers, re: 526.

Claim otherwise all you want, but there is clearly no evidence that will change everyone's position on the 626.

Absolutely not so — we have video :)

Lou Figueroa
redacted perhaps, lol

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
one possibility

Of course this is just one possible reason for their fake news. A cue company (from overseas) tells John they will give him a solid sponsorship if he can break Mosconi's 526 record on camera. John gets his little fan base pumped up - gives it his best effort but due to a couple bad kicks (skid's) comes up short. So the overseas cue company decides to give him the sponsorship anyway and they decide to see what they can get away with :-0. I have been in the middle of many 150+ run's and accidentally bumped a ball with my hand or cue, I then just started over. I always have considered moving ball's around inadvertently with my cue or hand to be a serious foul (when I was trying to surpass Willie's record in practice on camera) - I guess they don't - imagine that. Also what is this story bout him racking at one end of the table and then the other (switching sides)? All of this including what jazzyjeff tries to shmooz over = phony fake doctored video in the making - that they have yet to produce. I really think they are hoping their phony claim will just get swept under the rug. Surprise, Surprise (as Jim Neighbors would say) there are still a few hawks of truth out there. The rodents of fake news are out in the open field / forum.

My record against John in major Straight Pool competition is good and I have 200+ in practice more than 50 times on a table that was not doctored (sanded slate at corner pockets) like his four hundred there in Virginia. Remember - honest folk - when big business's have a product they are trying to push - they will try hard to make it look like their product is the best - sometimes they get 'carried away' (Hawk of Truth' nest). :) They don't squirm up there for very long. ssl - but relevent.

Last edited: