Reviews on the Delta 13 rack

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a chance , plastic racks are very inconsistent

agreed, IMO plastic racks will never beat metal racks because they bend. When I'm pressing the balls against the rack a plastic rack will bend and prevent a tight rack. The diamond racks are good too but they are too wide for 14.1 sometimes (i guess i just got to leave better break balls lmao)

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
One can't play the game without a triangle rack with python inserts. You people amaze me.

attachment.php

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I've heard they now sell a Delta rack with leather inserts that keep the metal clanging noise to a minimum, but I have no experience using that one.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
With the inserts they sound just like a wooden rack, which is to say only a little dull thudding. I was amazed by the difference.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It is an awesome rack (though extremely noisy) but in the end it performs no better than a good quality $10 plastic rack.

I could not disagree with this statement more!! I have a Delta 13 Elite, it is by far the best rack made. I am not sure how you go about finding different size balls with a plastic rack, the plastic racks flex horribly, although that is not an issue with my ball sets. I do like it when they use Deltas at tournaments because they will likely not have matched set balls, I find the odd size balls every time with a Delta and put it at the rear of the rack.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own the Elite model. After reading on here I did purchase the leather inserts at the same time. The inserts do and will reduce the noise dramatically. The sound is a lot deeper and suppressed with the inserts installed. It is a fantastic product. I only see two or three cons to the rack those being:

If you drop it on a concrete or blacktop surface you will put nics in the metal.

The manufacturer does not offer a separate protective carry case for the different model racks (they do offere a model that will hold the balls as well though I think.)

When lifting the rack out of the storage hole in the table you have to be careful not to hit the table on the way to the bed. If you do you risk denting or chipping any wood surfaces on the way.

Scherf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have the inserts, it's fine without. And I love mine. Perfect rack every time.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for you comments and reviews you guys have me convince it a good choice. thanks AGAIN.

You will not regret it. I have the gold one($119). Goes along with gold Simonis. If you buy from Seybert's it most likely is returnable if you do not like it. As for the inserts...I bought them for looks. They are not a must have.