New Here? - Introduce Yourself

Twalte

Registered
Greetings from St Louis

Hi Everyone,

Just getting back into 8 ball after a 27 year break. Bought a table and a playing/breaking cue...ready to get serious now. I’m in Saint Louis Missouri. I’m either a good beginner or a poor intermediate player.

Using the DigiCue Blue for training. Still struggling with tip steer and follow through after about 2000 shots this week.

Players brand pool cues on hand.

Looking forward to learning more on this site. Thanks for having me.

Last edited:

suyh

Hi

Hello from Colorado. I grew up in Taiwan and moved to Colorado in 1995. Pool has been a good passer time when I was a teenager. I am just a below-average player and just started to learn about this game. Hope to get a table this year for some practice.

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
You can call me Zeffie.

I started learning pool as junior in high school in a dorm with the red willie mosconi book. Since then I’ve only played for entertainment with friends until a year ago when I found a reason to go back to the game daily.

I’m an internet consultant, web developer and hosting company in real life and I joined AZ to support the as far as I was able to find so far, the only still active billiards forum which btw could use your financial support as well.

I’m looking forward to participating in some of the threads here and adding my 2 cents here and there.

SmokinJoe46

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allow me to introduce myself!

Hi! New member here from Western NC.
Have a nice 8' Brunswick table with the boxed kit cues.
I used to play pool in my early teens and nearly quit for the last twenty years only playing here and there.
Just starting to get the hang of potting balls.
Learning quickly and hope to gain some incite from the fine folks here!

Last edited:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play pool in my early teens and nearly quit for the last twenty years only playing here and there.
Just starting to get the hang of CTE.
I really am terrible but learning quickly and hope to gain some incite from the fine folks here!

Welcome aboard. We have at least 1 member in Boone that has his own place. I'm on the coast but make somewhat frequent trips to the Chapel Hill/Raleigh area.

akwusmc

Registered
Hello all,

Short time lurker and new member. My daughter wants to learn to play and since I've been out of the game for 25 years I thought I'd bone up on what's what!

I last 'seriously' played in 1990 in APA 8-ball leagues (I was a consistent 5). Used to work at The Brew and Cue in Chattanooga in the late 80's (Howard Barrett was running it) and I got to see quite a few good players (Vernon Elliot, Billy Johnson, Lori Shampo among others). Howard took pity on me because I was a hopeless case and I owe my pitiful skills to him.

Also used to do tips, ferrules and some minor cue repair ... sold my lathe when I got called up for Desert Storm (it was one of Chris Hightower's first models).

Sadly, the pig-ignorant laws in TN dictate that I can't take my daughter anywhere there are decent tables to play on (meaning, 9-footers) and the closest big tables to us are close to Atlanta (we live just south of Chattanooga, right across the GA line).

That's me in 5 minutes. Glad to be here.

Anthony

thruxboy

New member from MD

Well, I decided it was time to pick my stick back up after far too many years. Hopefully the rust falls off relatively quickly.

Looking forward to some entertainment and maybe some insights around this place.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was away from the game for 14 years but started playing again in July 2018 when the divorce proceedings began :D

EDIT: I currently live in the Boise, ID area, the land of no (decent) 9' tables.

Current cues:

Player - Ned Morris purpleheart (main player)
Player - Huebler H-J (purchased used in '95) (Old faithful but needs new ferule so I haven't used it lately)
Player - Dzuricky ebony with gunsights (gorgeous cue just hits a bit stiff for me - will probably be up for sale soon - still mulling it over)
Break - Pechaur P10 from the '03 catalogue (purchased new in '03 but hit too stiff so I use it as a breaker)
Jump - Pechaur (purchased in 2018), figured I better start learning how to jump the ball since all the youngsters are doing it.
Case - JB 3 x 6 (purchased 2018)
Case - Giuseppe 3 x 3 (purchased in mid 90's?)
Case - Giuseppe 1 x 1 (purchased used in 2018, it fits between the bars and windshield on my scooter so I can ride to the bar.)

I also have a Merry Widow Huebler and a Merry Widow McDermott that sit around the house.

Ex-wife got the living room furniture in the divorce so I bought an 8' Gandy for my living room and am teaching my 7 year old granddaughter (who I have half the time) how to play :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4zADC3jl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL7SRV1kOxc

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just starting to get the hang of CTE.
I really am terrible but learning quickly and hope to gain some incite from the fine folks here!

If you are still reading this, check your private messages.

Thanks.

kgoods

Consistently Inconsistent
Hello from Hells Canyon (WA/ID border)

Hi Guys,
Been reading the forums for the last few years but just joined in order to grab a deal. :)

Been playing pool for about 48 years and still haven't got it figured out! I think that's what keeps me going.

Just a league player (finally whittled it down to two nights a week, was playing four) but have done ok in some tourneys and placed 5th-6th at State (Idaho) a while back. Haven't been able to make it to State the last few years but hopefully next year.

I've been playing league with my daughter the last three years and it's been a blast watching her game improve.

Looking forward to learning more from all of you and just wanted to say thanks for all I've learned up until now.

Take care and keep your eye on the ball.

Ken

JLinATL

Registered
Help From the Moderators

Hello, After trying to figure out my password for my original username - JL in ATL with no success, I created this username - JLinATL. As luck would have it I accidentally typed in my old username and current password and bam, there it was.

If you could remove the new one (this one), It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

Pool Soup

Registered
Donny Branson The EAPPN

Hi, I'm from Ottawa Illinois but I have lived in Las Vegas for the last 10 years. I'll tell you a little about myself in 2017 I won both Master Events in the VNEA World Championships held at Ballys in Las Vegas. Last year I won the ACS Master 8 ball and Tyler Styer took 2nd and the 9 ball event I took 2nd and Tyler Styer took 1st. Have been playing for over 30 years. I have a website poolsoup.com and the reason for this website was to generate income for a a professional tour. After 3 plus years I think I found an easy solution with the EAPPN (Everything A Pool Player Needs) page found on poolsoup.com. The page contains Hotels with price match or better,Amazon,Best Buy,National Car Rental and Walmart. The Hotels are for any where in the country. Amazon is a Master Chalk link but also a search engine when you arrive to the site so you can check out anything you like. The rest of the associates are pretty simple to use. February 21 I introduced the Amazon Link and as of today have made 4.00. I will donate 25% of each associates commission to a Pro Tour and or ADD Money to the current tour to make traveling cost effective. I also have a US OPEN Qualifier April 6-7 at the Las Vegas Cue Club I posted the flyer is the US tournaments forum. Hope this wasn't too much I am new here and just learning how to use this site. Thank you and best wishes Donny Branson

Calzican

Registered
New guy

Hello, new guy to the board just wanted to introduce myself. I've lurked around awhile before joining but decided to join in on the conversation. I live on the Tennessee river in northern Alabama just outside the Florence/Muscle Shoals area about 45 miles from Huntsville. I'm 46 years old stared playing pool around age 11 religiously til I was about 27 but have picked the cue back up more seriously the last 3 years. I traveled when I was young playing for action, a few Open tourneys, a few Elk and Moose lodge tourneys. These days I play in a few local tourneys and find action from time to time nothing in deep water just enough to make it interesting. I've recently been thinking of joining the APA and try those events. Anywho that is enough about me I really like the site see guys around.

Cue: Schon STL13 Predator 314 3 shaft Kamari black soft
Break Cue: Predator BK Rush
Jump Cue: Lucasi Air Hog
Case: Instroke Cowboy

cgyacht

Registered
Hi Everyone!
New member here from Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Just starting out and joining my first league next week.
I played some in my teens and early twenties but just for fun with my friends in the Military. Now I am looking to actually play a little more seriously but still for fun.
I have my wife talked into making a game room with a pool table so hopefully I will have easy access to practicing soon.

Looking forward to talking, reading and learning from everyone.

If you play in the Fort Lauderdale area maybe we will see each other.

Cheers,

Charles

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Everyone!
New member here from Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Just starting out and joining my first league next week.
I played some in my teens and early twenties but just for fun with my friends in the Military. Now I am looking to actually play a little more seriously but still for fun.
I have my wife talked into making a game room with a pool table so hopefully I will have easy access to practicing soon.

Looking forward to talking, reading and learning from everyone.

If you play in the Fort Lauderdale area maybe we will see each other.

Cheers,

Charles

What's the meaning behind the name?

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, new member.

I've been playing pool for over 40 years now, with a few short intermissions. I played in my first league about 30 years ago back in St. Louis.

Currently, I live in Phoenix, AZ, and play in the Troy Vending leagues.

I used to play pretty seriously until about ten years ago, played a lot of tournaments in and out of state and so on.

Life made me reconsider my priorities, so now I play for fun mostly, and my serious tournament days are over.

I still enjoy the game well enough though, and I hope my time here on this site will help me enjoy as well as learn more about the game.

Peace.

camaro69926

Registered
Hello I am from Davenport Ia. I have following this message board for awhile, just never registered. I have been running our local junior's league for over 10 years now. I come on this site to see if there is any new tricks and tips i can pass on to my players and usually there is a lot on here I can pass along. So I would like to thank everyone that have passed on something on here.

I play in leagues just stay qualified for a tournament here and there, but I mainly just watch my son play now. (cue proud parent bragging) My son is 12 years old and plays in the adult leagues. He plays in the APA as a 8 in 9 ball and a 7 in 8 ball. He also plays in ACS and ISPA as an advance player. He is also sponsored by McDermott cues and poolteacher.com which have been wonderful sponsors.