Balabushka by George...

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just acquired this Balabushka that appears to have been in a closet for many years. I believe it’s a one owners cue and is in stunning all original condition. The cue had original tips on it and were dry rotted. The new tips are the only things non original on the cue. Has a ultra rare bushka ring above the wrap. The cue has a full 13mm shaft and a 12.75mm shaft. With a perfectly smooth black leather wrap.
Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks

Last edited:

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Awesome pick up, Troy! You seem to have a nose for finding great Bushkas. :thumbup:

bobosol

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Great cue! There is a Balabushka on the Proficient Billiards site, which is almost identical. It has a linen wrap. I believe the ring work , above the wrap, is the same on the Ray Martin Balabushka. Beautiful! Thank you for posting.

Last edited:

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great cue! There is a Balabushka on the Proficient Billiards site, which is almost identicle. It has a linen wrap. I believe the ring work , above the wrap, is the same on the Ray Martin Balabushka. Beautiful! Thank you for posting.

Thank you I see that.
Appreciated.

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
Balabushka by George

someone might trade you a real nice Szamboti for it. thats a really sweet one. congrats Troy. hoping i get to see it at DCC. don "the SUREMANATER"

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a beauty

This is really nice! I think it is one of the most desirable I have seen! Congratulations on a great pick up.

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks!!

thanks for posting up pictures to share. we love seeing fancy classics by all time greats. I really enjoy the rare ringwork above the handle...and the different design elements on the butt sleeve.

The leather wrap is especially unique as it's not a typical as the linen wraps. Great find for sure.

Congrats!!

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Surprisingly I have never been a big fan of Bushkas, Szambotis or a lot of other cues that will always be a gold standard. I'm not a big time collector is probably why. They're great pieces of cue making history for sure, just like vintage cars. That being said, I really like this particular Bushka. To the extent if I was a collector I would probably over pay for it, as opposed to buying a fancier cue at a slightly better price. If that makes sense.

There will always be "closet find, bought from a widow...etc" cues and I have always been curious what peoples thought are on how individual pieces of rarely seen or even never before seen cues effect the rest. The reason things of any nature bring a premium is supply and demand. The demand for Bushkas or Szambotis will never really dwindle, but the supply can only increase. Barry probably knows to a T how many cues his dad made and what they were but is there a definite number on how many George made? Its not often that new ones pop up but it happens, and probably always will in the people reading this' lifetime. Obviously the current market value of something that will never be produced again is based off what is out there. If I have a "one of a kind" cue and another one comes up its value goes down. Will the price of cues from yesteryear ever go down when more and more come to light:confused:

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
The greatest looking cue on the planet in my eyes. Thank you for sharing it, Troy.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think I could own a cue like that and not want to "test hit" with it everyday for hours at a time.

Beautiful cue! Congratulations.