Shane Vanboening vs Jayson Shaw

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
long race, winner break SHANE is the champ

kinda like poker machines which are backed up to walls in countless joints that take on and come out ahead of all challengers

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
imo rhythm, not break, is the key in this format.

Shaw, Filler, Shane, Pinoys, all play with a free flow rhythm, but they are thrown off by the rhythm of the Taiwanese players. you have seen how hard Shane or Shaw etc struggle to get to second gear and get a run going against those Taiwanese.

breaking is a consequences of gaining and playing your rhythm, your momentum instead of your opponents.

Shaw plays at Shane's favorite rhythm now, so Shane is focused and relaxed when on his chair.

when you are 5% thrown off your normal rhythm, you would be 20% off your game.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where did they find those score girls? Some truck stop parkin' lot?? I just watched a clip on their FB page. Whole thing looked really low rent. Was it smoky or just bad video? Looked like it was smoky in there. Really glad i didn't try buying this.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
guys, back a couple pages and you will see score for day 1

Shane 33-21 Shaw

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jl chang has a monster break

I was just at Griff’s watching the US Open 8 ball, JL Chang’s monster break caused him his first match against Sky, he scratched on the break at least twice, size pocket both times. It was awesome watching him in action though.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where did they find those score girls? Some truck stop parkin' lot?? I just watched a clip on their FB page. Whole thing looked really low rent. Was it smoky or just bad video? Looked like it was smoky in there. Really glad i didn't try buying this.

this clip? https://www.facebook.com/MMPromos/videos/686958615049894/

I didn't buy the stream, but I don't think that clip is from the stream itself. Shaky cam, no commentary, probably recorded on an iPhone 6. Which begs the question, if they want to show a clip to promote the stream. Why not use a clip from the actual stream?

Agree on the score girls, don't really see the point in having them.

What bothers me most from that clip is the fact that Shaw is racking on the opposite side of where the balls drop after being pocketed. So he has to have another girl come over, get the balls and then roll them to the opposite side of the table.

Was that the case for every game? Why?

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I saw that being done in another of his matches.
I think the idea is, it's easy to ensure a tight rack without the usual crater and dimples
you get in the normal racking area.

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
imo rhythm, not break, is the key in this format.

Shaw, Filler, Shane, Pinoys, all play with a free flow rhythm, but they are thrown off by the rhythm of the Taiwanese players. you have seen how hard Shane or Shaw etc struggle to get to second gear and get a run going against those Taiwanese.

breaking is a consequences of gaining and playing your rhythm, your momentum instead of your opponents.

Shaw plays at Shane's favorite rhythm now, so Shane is focused and relaxed when on his chair.

when you are 5% thrown off your normal rhythm, you would be 20% off your game.

Where did you acquire that statistic?

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this clip? https://www.facebook.com/MMPromos/videos/686958615049894/

I didn't buy the stream, but I don't think that clip is from the stream itself. Shaky cam, no commentary, probably recorded on an iPhone 6. Which begs the question, if they want to show a clip to promote the stream. Why not use a clip from the actual stream?

Agree on the score girls, don't really see the point in having them.

What bothers me most from that clip is the fact that Shaw is racking on the opposite side of where the balls drop after being pocketed. So he has to have another girl come over, get the balls and then roll them to the opposite side of the table.

Was that the case for every game? Why?

Thanks for the link... Oy Vey! WTF is the promoter thinking. Im not watching the stream but I hope they can the stupid score card girls.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lion

someone's not aware or don't remember how the first race to 100 went
Alex: Hold my beer

I bet on Alex and watched that love. Around 08 I think. He ended up winning but that was a very inexperienced SVB. Alex barely escaped that time and didn’t do well in that format against him again.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Line

shane's break is making 4 balls and wide open. Shaw breaking good too but tougher layouts. Shane Minus Ten is the line, right now

You think Jason is the favorite to our score SVB from here? He’s down 12 now. SVB will be trying to extend the lead I’m sure. Maybe he’d be ok trading racks if he was up 20-30 but I don’t lmthink he’ll feel safe with less than that. Shaw could certainly still win from here but I think the line would be -15 at this point.

Not a big difference and maybe I’m wrong, but I think I’d take more action at -10 from here.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Short races are fun
And usually don't last very long
But races to 100 are done
When Shane breaks out the shlong

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bet on Alex and watched that love. Around 08 I think. He ended up winning but that was a very inexperienced SVB. Alex barely escaped that time and didn’t do well in that format against him again.

Yes, 2008. Alex was down by 22 games at 41-63 and won 100-94, a 28 game reversal. Their second such event (2011) was tied at 67, then Shane beat Alex by 16 from that point.

So, despite the lead of 12 games, it is no certainty that Shane will beat Shaw.

One little stats tidbit. For the first 27 games last night, Shane had 3 B&Rs on 14 breaks, or 21%. For the second 27 games last night, Shane had 13 B&Rs on 19 breaks, or 68%. Quite a second half of the first day!

Last edited: