What's Happening in Louisville?

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason may be

JAM said:
What? No reports? Surely, they all are awake by now. What happened last night? Any action?

While the Democrats are taking their own sweet time about taking control of Congress, I'm taking my own sweet time to check into the DCC forum.

Come on, AzB-ers. We want updates...NOW! Pretty please. :p

JAM

I think you are one night off Jam as the tournament starts Friday and most would probably arrive Thursday rather than Wed. which you anticipated. At least the 2 years I attended that was the case. Hopefully tonight you will be getting your reports. I could not attend this year as a daughter got married and broke me. lol. I will be setting up our plasma t.v. at the pool room with the bcn broadcast through my computer and will be glued for days on end and hopefully so will some customers.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
To Bugger

vagabond said:
It appears that u are a close pal to him and in that case it is OK to use that word.I hope that u know the true meaning of that archaic English word mostly used in UK and British common Wealth Countries. Cheers:D :D :D

I would hope that he was thinking of a booger.. To bugger would probably be quite unpleasant.. I can say that I don't want to find out in my life time.. If you want to know what Vagabond is referring to, go to Wilkipedia.com

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Joe Koontz said:
I would hope that he was thinking of a booger.. To bugger would probably be quite unpleasant.. I can say that I don't want to find out in my life time.. If you want to know what Vagabond is referring to, go to Wilkipedia.com

You're better off not knowing, and that's from an Englishman!!

I'm looking forward to hearing absolutely anything from the DCC! I've decided I'll attend one year, might not be next year but won't be too distant. Sounds like my idea of a blast!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Update:

- Tables are playing perfectly, Diamond did a great job (as usual)
- Haven't seen much action, they just opened the tables not long ago (3 hours ago or so)
- Grady wants to suggest making 3-rail kicks count in the tourney, like they count in the banks ring game

As it gets a little later, the action will kick into high mode I'm sure. I'll try to report back (with an action report) as the night goes on.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
What? No reports? Surely, they all are awake by now. What happened last night? Any action?

While the Democrats are taking their own sweet time about taking control of Congress, I'm taking my own sweet time to check into the DCC forum.

Come on, AzB-ers. We want updates...NOW! Pretty please. :p

JAM

Bought a spanking new laptop, and plan to be using it when not shooting photos. I don't arrive till Saturday, staying 8 days. I''ll do my best to post some updates for the people not attending.

Wish you both were going to attend this year!

Rick S.

bignasty

"I already did it"
Silver Member
i will also

im bringing my laptop also! i will have action reports as often as i can!:cool:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I haven't checked out the tables upstairs, but there's not much going on right now action-wise. A lot of people practicing, not a lotta gambling... people are still showing up.

Erno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WELL AS OF RIGHT NOW Tony Coleman is playing Larry Price 5 ahead banks for 1000. As for players that are there, there are quite a few now. You have Efren, Bustamante, Luat, Frost, T-rex, Tony Watson, Ike Runnels, Rob Saez, Daulton, Jaime Farrell, Souquet. Fot the first time ver Fabio Petroni is there, also Charlie Williams, and Luc Salvas just to name a few that I seen while I was there. I will try to keep everyone updated.

bignasty

"I already did it"
Silver Member
keep um commin

Erno said:
WELL AS OF RIGHT NOW Tony Coleman is playing Larry Price 5 ahead banks for 1000. As for players that are there, there are quite a few now. You have Efren, Bustamante, Luat, Frost, T-rex, Tony Watson, Ike Runnels, Rob Saez, Daulton, Jaime Farrell, Souquet. Fot the first time ver Fabio Petroni is there, also Charlie Williams, and Luc Salvas just to name a few that I seen while I was there. I will try to keep everyone updated.
keep um comin erno!:)

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Erno said:
Wow, we watched the Price, Coleman game earlier on the 2nd floor they were playing for 200, never fails we leave and they jack it up. Watched Efren play some, he is flawless, just amazing to see. Cliff is beating the balls around, no one is running over to play last years winner of the Louie award. The ring game is a go tomorrow nite, Grady and his wife are followed by fans every where they go.

Never heard of any big action last nite, we had friends that played in the pool room downtown no real action. Gunnslinger was practicing today and catching up with old friends.
I'm sure there are lots of games going on, but it was a long trip to get here and for now I have to go to bed.
Will write tomorrow, 9 ball banks start at 1 so will write later, I'm sure there are tons of azers that will post as well, I was going to take the laptop down but the seating is weird, will see.
later gators

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gunn_Slinger said:
Never heard of any big action last nite, we had friends that played in the pool room downtown no real action. Gunnslinger was practicing today and catching up with old friends.
I'm sure there are lots of games going on, but it was a long trip to get here and for now I have to go to bed.
Will write tomorrow, 9 ball banks start at 1 so will write later, I'm sure there are tons of azers that will post as well, I was going to take the laptop down but the seating is weird, will see.
later gators

Keep 'em coming, Gunn_Slinger! Who's down there from back home? Did Young Brandon Shuff make it? Is Slivka there? How about the Genie Man?

Sounds like a full roster of players. Better get some sleep when you can because SLEEP is a luxury at the DCC! :D

How about the vendors? Any new products that are worthy of mention?

We got a call last night from a vendor's helper who was with Harry Platis and Jay Helfert, but no action was reported -- at least as of yet!

To all AzB-ers in attendance, remember us unfortunate ones back home! :(

JAM

Erno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it's quite an impressive turnout from the pros this year. Everyone is here, although I haven't seen Mika yet. I just got finished watching Earl play Santos first round of banks. It was a riot. Earl didn't shut up. It went hill hill and santos missed the game ball, an off angle cross corner. Earl proceeded to run out with an amazing straight back for the match. There were over 500 entry's this year.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Erno said:
Well it's quite an impressive turnout from the pros this year. Everyone is here, although I haven't seen Mika yet. I just got finished watching Earl play Santos first round of banks. It was a riot. Earl didn't shut up. It went hill hill and santos missed the game ball, an off angle cross corner. Earl proceeded to run out with an amazing straight back for the match. There were over 500 entry's this year.

Oh man I just got there to watch that last rack. Amazing. A great match and classic Earl. Can't beat it.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Cliff Joyner played someone in the banks event: Cliff won the lag, and continued to bank 15-and-out, 3-0. Nothing like paying a $100 entry fee just to rack 3 times.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
vagabond said:
It appears that u are a close pal to him and in that case it is OK to use that word.I hope that u know the true meaning of that archaic English word mostly used in UK and British common Wealth Countries. Cheers:D :D :D

It is indeed used in Britain...mostly

:D

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
Cliff Joyner played someone in the banks event: Cliff won the lag, and continued to bank 15-and-out, 3-0. Nothing like paying a $100 entry fee just to rack 3 times.

This is 9ball banks right? So each game Cliff broke and banked 5 balls in a row each time? I don't know the rules of the game too well. Either way, that's gotta have Cliff all pumped up now!

Poolschool

Pool table nerd
Silver Member
Jason Miller is hitting them pretty well in the bank ring game. George Breedlove seams to be starting to adjust to the table and get comfortable.

Piggy, Grady and The Beard are a real treat. Paying $30 to be a fly on the wall in that box? I feel like I'm stealing!!! :)

Standings...
Miller - $3800
Richeson - $1400
Coleman - $3200
Breedlove - $3200
Hogue - $3200
Greg - $3200

$400/ Ball