AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's another view with some decals.

CocoboloTable010.jpg

cheapcues.com

Cue Dealer
Silver Member
I'm eating my words

In a thread a few weeks ago I made a comment that the Diamond Pro makes me want to vomit. It must be something about that black dymonwood, and the arched legs on the tables I've seen, because this table is absolutely stunning! I've never seen a cocobolo table before, and this is really gorgeous. I prefer these legs a lot as well. I'm wondering did they "dymonize" the coco? I know rosewood (and thus coco) is a nice hard wood for making tables, just wondering if they took that extra step to make it indestructible.

I think Cocobolo Cowboy is going to have a 'gasm on the spot when he sees this....

-Mike

realkingcobra

Silver Member
In a thread a few weeks ago I made a comment that the Diamond Pro makes me want to vomit. It must be something about that black dymonwood, and the arched legs on the tables I've seen, because this table is absolutely stunning! I've never seen a cocobolo table before, and this is really gorgeous. I prefer these legs a lot as well. I'm wondering did they "dymonize" the coco? I know rosewood (and thus coco) is a nice hard wood for making tables, just wondering if they took that extra step to make it indestructible.

I think Cocobolo Cowboy is going to have a 'gasm on the spot when he sees this....

-Mike

Nope, that's real Coco on the rails, you can't install the Dymondwood on the Professional rails because of the rounded corners...so it has to be the real deal.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not quite sure if this will have Dymondwood rails or not. I'll have to ask. Here is the last pic I have of the table. Diamond is coming to my house in January to set it up. I can hardly wait!

CocoboloTable.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So Glen, you coming to set this up for me when it's ready?? I'd sure appreciate it :) I know you're still the best mechanic on Earth.

Thank you all for the kind comments. This table is something special for me. I would LOVE to get the entire package, but to be honest, I can't afford it all right now. I'll add it later after my pocket book heals from the blow it's taking to get this table.

You'd have to put in that request with Brian, as I don't know where or when your table is going:grin: and it would have to fit my time frame as well:eek:

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks realkingcobra, I wasn't sure about the rails. I prefer the shine of the real thing anyway :)

Nope, that's real Coco on the rails, you can't install the Dymondwood on the Professional rails because of the rounded corners...so it has to be the real deal.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Glen. I just put the request in. Should be getting this in January when I get in my new house. I think the table is nearly ready now, but I don't have anywhere to put it yet :)

You'd have to put in that request with Brian, as I don't know where or when your table is going:grin: and it would have to fit my time frame as well:eek:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
January is good with me, as I'll be leaving Washington state after the 1st of the year heading straight back to the factory:grin:

Hawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is Dymondwood? Is it basically a plastic laminate made to look like wood?

DeepBanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am . . .

SPEECHLESS . . . Awesome table . . . you are one lucky dude.

Throw out the wife - buy a keg and we'll all be over Friday night. What's that address??

cheapcues.com

Cue Dealer
Silver Member
What is Dymondwood? Is it basically a plastic laminate made to look like wood?

Basically they take wood and impregnate it with a resin that makes it more stable, more dense and harder.

From Rutland Plywood Corp. website:

"Sometimes refererred to by the generic name of COMPREG, DymondWood® is a highly engineered wood/plastic composite, that has the physical and mechanical properties of high density hardwood, acrylic, polycarbonate plastics and brass. Here, brightly dyed northern hardwood veneers are combined with engineering grade resins, heat and pressure to create a product that has the best characteristics of each. DymondWood® is distinguished by its unique strength, durability, dimensional stability, and weather and moisture resistance as compared to regular wood."

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
Dymondwood is awesome. Greg Sullivan demonstrated it's benefits to me. He took a cue ball and bounced it (slammed it) on the rail of one of the ProAm tournament tables. CB bounced up like 3-4 feet and caught it. Asked me to try and find a dent. I couldn't find a dent. I have good eyesight too and can be fanatical about detail. Not even a tiny dent.

I think Dymondwood is a phenolic impregnated wood. I could be wrong. But it's very strong. Very scratch resistant. Very dent resistant.

A local pool room has had a dymondwood ProAm for a long time now. At least 10 years. The rails are still smooth and look new. People slam cues into it all the time. The cues get the dents.

If you want a table for long term survival, such as a pool room full of bangers - the ProAm is probably the best.

theArtofPool

Hi. I'm Art. I love pool.
That's a nice table. I have money aside ready to pull the trigger as soon as I get a place big enough to store it. Home tables are an investment but I think they are definitely worth every penny.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gorgeous table.....most people see the Diamond ProAms and think it's the standard of Diamond tables. The ProAm is a great table and very easy to move and set up for tournaments.
The Professional model is in my opinion a much more attractive table. It takes much longer to set it up, but for home use it's a great lookin piece of furniture.
I have a Professional in my house and love it. So do all my buddies who come over and play.
On your Professional there are different legs/pedestals. I like how it gives it a more open appearance. It's also got tons of decals, must be a tournament used model?

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it is the TV table used at the 2005 U.S. Open. Diamond is "refurbishing" it for me.

Gorgeous table.....most people see the Diamond ProAms and think it's the standard of Diamond tables. The ProAm is a great table and very easy to move and set up for tournaments.
The Professional model is in my opinion a much more attractive table. It takes much longer to set it up, but for home use it's a great lookin piece of furniture.
I have a Professional in my house and love it. So do all my buddies who come over and play.
On your Professional there are different legs/pedestals. I like how it gives it a more open appearance. It's also got tons of decals, must be a tournament used model?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So...that's the table Diamond wants me to calibrate the rails on....OK, now I know what's going on back at the factory:grin:...Diamond don't have my tooling so they can't do what I do to a table...they can only build them new....gotcha Diamond:grin:...no problem:grin:

Moon...that table is going to play lights out buddy:grin:

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love that wood so much that the stickers are an eyesore. That would be the first thing I'd do is take them off including the big Diamond.
Super table!!!