2008 DCC Room - ??? Name change ??? Volunteers ???

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
AZBilliards.com + Onepocket.org
Member's Lounge

I bought a whole bunch of James Brown's and a really nice pair of speakers. Unfortunately the after hours party idea never happened.

Last edited:

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
??????????????

Name change I have no problem with opening it up to members of other forms. Absolutely not!!!!!!!! It is free to join AZB they all know about AZB.
We had things taken from room by non-members this year. Its hard enough to get table time as it is why let anyone in that has 25.00. I think if you don't pay by deadline no way take their money at tourney. We had people playing that the room moderators knew had not paid in my opinion.
If there are rules they should apply to everyone no exceptions period.My thought on spamers in AZB room is this you can listen to their line or not.
I listened to none of them thats your choice. I think when people come in an want to know whats going on an can they play: We should have some form of printed material to present them an if they want to join they have one year to make up their mind. AZB an fleabay both have scammers you better be careful who you let in you house. We had gentlemen an ladies an everyone was treated with respect lets keep it that way.
Pinocchio

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
"Room of Excellence"is a nice motivating name .i say keep it the same every year..

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
Actually Az Billiards Room would be better as another suggested.very indentifiable.:)

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
I don't see anything wrong with the name AZ Billiards Room. Short and sweet, and sounds like a pool room, which it is. That's what I called it all week, and most everyone seemed to know what and where it was.

Every year (if we keep the same name), it will become more recognizable. I'd like to see a plaque in there memoralizing Tom Ferry (Martin), who was the inspiration for this room.

AZ Billiards is pretty well established in the pool community by now and is a known entity.

This is what I expected and why I was pushing to keep the same name. AZMembers are proud of where they write and share as a collective, as is our brother members at onepocket.org. I think it is a great collaboration and I really don't want to extend it further. If you wanted to make it bigger than it already is, then I would think it would be just like opening it up to the public.

Our friends at the other forums know how to sign-up under one of these 2 forums...if they want to participate, they can sign up. I like that most people already know and recognize the room. I really do want to make some kind of memorial award for Tom "OldHasBeen" Ferry. What a screen name, humble, and anything further from the truth. LOL I think that is the way to go here. We can always work on a poster of the year from each site or something like that, especially if we don't want to be tied up in some mini tournament.

The issue with those people from the sites being called about the room is just a communication thing to deal with. I really the we can overcome that barrier if we work at it. Plus this does benefit them. The more people to their sit e and the popularity to their site the more they should be able to charge for advertising. I think a few phone calls each year should be worth that on it's own. But I am not them and I can't speak for them.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donovan said:
This is what I expected and why I was pushing to keep the same name. AZMembers are proud of where they write and share as a collective, as is our brother members at onepocket.org. I think it is a great collaboration and I really don't want to extend it further. If you wanted to make it bigger than it already is, then I would think it would be just like opening it up to the public.

Our friends at the other forums know how to sign-up under one of these 2 forums...if they want to participate, they can sign up. I like that most people already know and recognize the room. I really do want to make some kind of memorial award for Tom "OldHasBeen" Ferry. What a screen name, humble, and anything further from the truth. LOL I think that is the way to go here. We can always work on a poster of the year from each site or something like that, especially if we don't want to be tied up in some mini tournament.

The issue with those people from the sites being called about the room is just a communication thing to deal with. I really the we can overcome that barrier if we work at it. Plus this does benefit them. The more people to their sit e and the popularity to their site the more they should be able to charge for advertising. I think a few phone calls each year should be worth that on it's own. But I am not them and I can't speak for them.

Im with you man-To me it would disresectful to abandon the AZB name and if they open it up to everyone then what is the point.

T

Timberly

I had merely suggested opening it to the other two forums, not "everyone". Most everyone that posts there posts here too. At best it might add 20 people that aren't on here and I'd be willing to bet that less than half of that 20 actually go to the DCC anyway.

As for the name... whoever organizes the room from here on out (Don & Steve I assume for sure), good luck because as I learned with the raffle, & trying to set deadlines so that I could enjoy my holidays, you can't please everyone.

FYI, for those of you that weren't involved in coordinating the room.... Try donating the little bit of free time you have to supporting and coordinating the room... put out post after post explaining who the organizers are, the rules, the deadlines and who to contact. Then have people completely ignore the multiple posts made, ridicule you for trying to enjoy your holidays, and on top of it all, call Mike Howerton when it comes to the room. I know of at least 3 people, well known in the pool world, 2 of which read this forum regularly, that called Howerton instead of contacting one of the room organizers. Those are just the ones that I know of... I'm sure there's more.

In all of this, Mike Howerton has not been involved in anyway shape or form. Not a single finger raised to help in anyway, not a penny paid, nothing, nada, zilch. That would be and was fine with me until he came in at the "11th hour" right before the DCC and made a post in response to Steve's thread about the rules and who to contact if there were any problems. Howerton posted one of his friends that would be there to contact if there were any problems.

A) Howerton has NOTHING to do with the room, yet felt the need to come in an dictate an authorative figure??

B) He didn't consult any of the organizers on this.

C) The friend of his is not a forum member, doesn't know the organizers well, and was totally unaware of the rules of the room, yet they felt compelled to come into the room and criticize our rules and choices in the way we organized the room.

The idea behind the room was to have a place to relax, shoot pool, and meet face to face with some forum friends. It wasn't to promote AZB, and it wasn't to garner as many pro's as possible... inviting the pro's to shoot challenge matches (which caused problems this yr because one pro thought his friend should be allowed to play in the room... he called Howerton) while a good idea, was an afterthought to the original concept of the room.

If Howerton wants to dictate authorative figures then he can get involved in organizing the room and if Howerton wants to sponsor the room, then focusing on promoting the site could be discussed. Until then, to save the future organizers anymore issues, it would be easier to change the room name altogether. JMO

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
I had merely suggested opening it to the other two forums, not "everyone". Most everyone that posts there posts here too. At best it might add 20 people that aren't on here and I'd be willing to bet that less than half of that 20 actually go to the DCC anyway.

As for the name... whoever organizes the room from here on out (Don & Steve I assume for sure), good luck because as I learned with the raffle, & trying to set deadlines so that I could enjoy my holidays, you can't please everyone.

FYI, for those of you that weren't involved in coordinating the room.... Try donating the little bit of free time you have to supporting and coordinating the room... put out post after post explaining who the organizers are, the rules, the deadlines and who to contact. Then have people completely ignore the multiple posts made, ridicule you for trying to enjoy your holidays, and on top of it all, call Mike Howerton when it comes to the room. I know of at least 3 people, well known in the pool world, 2 of which read this forum regularly, that called Howerton instead of contacting one of the room organizers. Those are just the ones that I know of... I'm sure there's more.

In all of this, Mike Howerton has not been involved in anyway shape or form. Not a single finger raised to help in anyway, not a penny paid, nothing, nada, zilch. That would be and was fine with me until he came in at the "11th hour" right before the DCC and made a post in response to Steve's thread about the rules and who to contact if there were any problems. Howerton posted one of his friends that would be there to contact if there were any problems.

A) Howerton has NOTHING to do with the room, yet felt the need to come in an dictate an authorative figure??

B) He didn't consult any of the organizers on this.

C) The friend of his is not a forum member, doesn't know the organizers well, and was totally unaware of the rules of the room, yet they felt compelled to come into the room and criticize our rules and choices in the way we organized the room.

The idea behind the room was to have a place to relax, shoot pool, and meet face to face with some forum friends. It wasn't to promote AZB, and it wasn't to garner as many pro's as possible... inviting the pro's to shoot challenge matches (which caused problems this yr because one pro thought his friend should be allowed to play in the room... he called Howerton) while a good idea, was an afterthought to the original concept of the room.

If Howerton wants to dictate authorative figures then he can get involved in organizing the room and if Howerton wants to sponsor the room, then focusing on promoting the site could be discussed. Until then, to save the future organizers anymore issues, it would be easier to change the room name altogether. JMO

Mike Howerton is the owner of this website that you are posting on. Everybody knows you have a beef with the moderator here, and now you are upset with Mike Howerton.

Timberly, I have never thought of you as being hostile, but the above post seems mean-spirited and is directed at Mike Howerton.

I am sure every single person who attended the AzBilliards room at the DCC is very appreciative of all the time and effort that you and others spent to make this a wonderful happening, to be enjoyed by all who did attend, and for that, you should be thanked a thousand times over.

I did not attend the DCC, but in case anyone hasn't said it, I thank you for everything that you have done to make the DCC a wonderful experience. You're the best!

JAM

sodapopd

Un-Registered Cue User
Silver Member
JAM said:
Mike Howerton is the owner of this website that you are posting on. Everybody knows you have a beef with the moderator here, and now you are upset with Mike Howerton.

Timberly, I have never thought of you as being hostile, but the above post seems mean-spirited and is directed at Mike Howerton.

I am sure every single person who attended the AzBilliards room at the DCC is very appreciative of all the time and effort that you and others spent to make this a wonderful happening, to be enjoyed by all who did attend, and for that, you should be thanked a thousand times over.

I did not attend the DCC, but in case anyone hasn't said it, I thank you for everything that you have done to make the DCC a wonderful experience. You're the best!

JAM

Hostile seems a bit strong of a word for her post. Seems reasonable and direct. Last year was a blast, had a great time meeting a bunch of you posters and I missed out this year. But you can be sure that I would be resentful to someone making demands/rules that did not contribute in a positive way. The "room" is made up of different forumn members(and forums), by the members and only for the "paying" members. Lets keep it that way.
Tom

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
AZ ROOM is PRIMO.

JAM said:
What do you think of the word "dictate"?

JAM

JAM,
Not having heard the conversation or the post from Mike, I don't know if Mike dictated or not but it does mean to "specify authoritatively" but you already know that. And while I am a Mike Howerton fan, if he wasn't involved with getting the AZ Room, organizing the AZ Room or involved in any other way with the AZ Room, I could see how him stepping in at the last minute usurping the power of the organizers without even talking to them could alienate the organizers and other forum members. Mike seems to be a very level headed guy and probably just didn't think about anyone's toes being stepped on.

I too, don't see Timberly being hostile. She, like you is very detailed in her posts.

FTR, I think having someone and something (Mike Howerton) and AZ BILLIARDS related to the "XXXXX ROOM" is a good thing and should remain in tact. If there is one constant around the forums, it is Mike Howerton and AZ Billiards and his name recognition goes along way with substantiating any credibility with the pool community. Forum members come and go but Mike and AZ is always there giving members their fix for the day.
JoeyA

T

Timberly

JAM said:

Mike and I aren't exactly what I would call buddies & it's been like that for a long time. However, my post was not to be mean spirited towards Mike, but to let everyone know EXACTLY what is going on.

This is Mike's site, yet he's not offered to help or even thanked anyone for the efforts (raffle & organizing). He still gets FREE advertising at the DCC with the room name and big banner.

People call Mike about the room... why? Because he's getting FREE advertising at the DCC with the room name and big banner.

Mike "assigned" (I thought dictate meant the same thing:confused: ) a friend as an authorative figure to the room... why? Because the room is named after his site.

Yes, I am slightly bitter at not only Mike's glaring omittance of any appreciation, but at his gall to "assign" a friend to be an authorative figure, and the fact that people call him with questions and issues about the room.

Mike doesn't want to thank, help, or support in anyway shape or form, so why should the room continue to have his name on it? It causes problems when people call him instead of the organizers. It causes problems when he "assigns" authorative figures, but all along, he's getting FREE advertisement at one of, if not the largest event in the US.

Steve Booth on the other hand donated an item to the raffle. He also left the organizers alone and didn't try to "assign" anyone or anything. He didn't complain about the rules or the deadline. He made it a point to thank me (I assume he did WBM & Steve too, I don't know), and he visited the room and took pics and participated.

This has been building up for a while with me and after seeing person after person want to keep the AZ room name & support the site, blah, blah, blah, I figured it was only fair that they know the whole truth. It might not change a single persons mind, and that's ok, but at least they're making an informed decision.

In the end... leaving the name as is causes problems and confusion (fact). IMO, if the site owner isn't willing to help or sponsor, why should they reap the benefits of FREE advertising at such a large event?

Timberly <--- From an organizers standpoint(speaking ONLY for myself & not the others), that's just my opinion on the whole matter.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
So this is all about me getting "free advertising" at the event and not thanking you? Did you thank me for the free room you got from Greg at the event? No, I don't mean the AzB/One Pocket.org room. I mean the free room you personally got at the event to sleep in.

I guess the additional stories that we did prior to the event "advertising" it were not part of your equation?

It seems to me that if someone at Derby would have been upset about my getting "free advertising", it would have been Greg Sullivan. But I spoke to him both before and after the event and he was very pleased with the extra exposure he got before and during the event.

People do not call me because I am getting free advertising. Shawn Putnam called me because he was getting nowhere dealing with you. And the situation was rectified after he called me. As a matter of fact, when I spoke to Willie about the Putnam issue I believe I told him I thought he was doing a great job and I appreciated him doing it.

Greg Sullivan did not call me because I was getting free advertising. He called me (before the 06 event) because Tom Ferry came to him and wanted to set up a room where AzBilliards members could meet and play pool together at Derby. The AzBilliards forums are a part of the AzBilliards website and always will be.

Greg called me again in mid 06 to ask me who the point person would be for the room in 07 and I said I was not sure. He suggested Willie and that is when I contacted Willie to see if he was interested. Diana then suggested Steve and I agreed that he sounded like another good person for the job.

I did not step in and "assign" Diana as anything. I was simply thinking that it would be nice to have someone else to talk to if forum members had an issue and neither Willie or Steve were available. At no time did I say that Diana was anything other than someone else that people could go to with any problems. I did not say she was the first person to go to. I did not even say that she was the second person to go to. She was simply someone else that could be talked to about problems, since I knew I would not be there and she was going to be in the room across the hall.

You are angry at my gall in having people call me? So, it was my fault that my phone rang? I apologize profusely to you for having a phone. I will do my best to not let it ring again.

I did not complain about your deadline. I had nothing to do with your raffle. I simply told Greg back in mid 06 that it sounded like the room was a success and I thought it would be nice to do it again. You never came to me and asked if I minded you using the AzB name for your raffle and it didn't really bother me. If you had come to me and asked for an item, I would have been glad to donate one. I also would have been glad to put something on the main site itself about the room and/or raffle. I would have been happy to run the entire raffle myself if someone had simply said it needed to be ran. But you ran with this ball all on your own.

I did not visit the room or take pictures inside it. I was not at the event. Diana was there taking pictures for me and I posted quite a few of them.

I had hesitated in responding in this thread earlier, but I thought it might be nice to let the forum members know EXACTLY what the situation was instead of your personal view of the situation.

Mike

Timberly said:
Mike and I aren't exactly what I would call buddies & it's been like that for a long time. However, my post was not to be mean spirited towards Mike, but to let everyone know EXACTLY what is going on.

This is Mike's site, yet he's not offered to help or even thanked anyone for the efforts (raffle & organizing). He still gets FREE advertising at the DCC with the room name and big banner.

People call Mike about the room... why? Because he's getting FREE advertising at the DCC with the room name and big banner.

Mike "assigned" (I thought dictate meant the same thing:confused: ) a friend as an authorative figure to the room... why? Because the room is named after his site.

Yes, I am slightly bitter at not only Mike's glaring omittance of any appreciation, but at his gall to "assign" a friend to be an authorative figure, and the fact that people call him with questions and issues about the room.

Mike doesn't want to thank, help, or support in anyway shape or form, so why should the room continue to have his name on it? It causes problems when people call him instead of the organizers. It causes problems when he "assigns" authorative figures, but all along, he's getting FREE advertisement at one of, if not the largest event in the US.

Steve Booth on the other hand donated an item to the raffle. He also left the organizers alone and didn't try to "assign" anyone or anything. He didn't complain about the rules or the deadline. He made it a point to thank me (I assume he did WBM & Steve too, I don't know), and he visited the room and took pics and participated.

This has been building up for a while with me and after seeing person after person want to keep the AZ room name & support the site, blah, blah, blah, I figured it was only fair that they know the whole truth. It might not change a single persons mind, and that's ok, but at least they're making an informed decision.

In the end... leaving the name as is causes problems and confusion (fact). IMO, if the site owner isn't willing to help or sponsor, why should they reap the benefits of FREE advertising at such a large event?

Timberly <--- From an organizers standpoint(speaking ONLY for myself & not the others), that's just my opinion on the whole matter.

T

Timberly

AzHousePro said:
So this is all about me getting "free advertising" at the event and not thanking you? Did you thank me for the free room you got from Greg at the event? No, I don't mean the AzB/One Pocket.org room. I mean the free room you personally got at the event to sleep in.
I worked the InsidePOOL booth which is where my room came from. This can be confirmed by both InsidePOOL and Greg. A free room was part of the deal for my working the booth. Did you pay for the room? Was it your idea to give me a free room? I'm just trying to figure out why I'm supposed to thank you?

I guess the additional stories that we did prior to the event "advertising" it were not part of your equation?
I don't recall any stories prior to the DCC but seeing how your homepage is about pool and pool news, you would've posted stories regardless of the member room or not.

People do not call me because I am getting free advertising. Shawn Putnam called me because he was getting nowhere dealing with you. And the situation was rectified after he called me. As a matter of fact, when I spoke to Willie about the Putnam issue I believe I told him I thought he was doing a great job and I appreciated him doing it.
Shawn Putnam did not speak to anyone at the site about his friend continuing to play in the room after he was politely told the rules on the 2nd day when he was 1st observed playing pool in the room. The 2nd time he was observed playing pool in the room, Steve Lomako handled it with the friend. After being told a 2nd time he couldn't play in the room, Shawn took it upon himself to call you. He didn't approach me or Steve about it. I did speak to Shawn about it later and he said that he just called you because it was the AZ room and he assumed you were the go to person. Hence one of the reasons for suggesting a room name change... confusion.

I did not step in and "assign" Diana as anything. I was simply thinking that it would be nice to have someone else to talk to if forum members had an issue and neither Willie or Steve were available.There were three people to go...Willie, Steve, and myself. If someone wasn't comfortable with one of us, they had two other options... more than enough I would think. At no time did I say that Diana was anything other than someone else that people could go to with any problems. The question still remains... if you weren't involved in any of the matters concerning the room, why step in and give another "option" without so much as even talking to one of the organizers about it?I did not say she was the first person to go to. I did not even say that she was the second person to go to. She was simply someone else that could be talked to about problems, since I knew I would not be there and she was going to be in the room across the hall.
Considering she's not a member, not involved in organizing the room, had no idea about the room rules, what good would it have done for someone to go to her? What was she going to do, call you?

You are angry at my gall in having people call me? So, it was my fault that my phone rang? I apologize profusely to you for having a phone. I will do my best to not let it ring again.
I believe I said you had the gall to assign someone (Diana). I'm not an idiot and I'm well aware that you can't control who calls you.

I did not complain about your deadline. Diana certainly had something to say about it. You're the one that decided to include her... she had her mind made up about our decisions... how did she know about those decisions? Did you share your displeasure with her? I'm just trying to figure out why she would walk into the room on the 1st day and give the members in there a hard time because we shouldn't have had a deadline and we should let anyone play. She heard about these things somehow. I had nothing to do with your raffle. I simply told Greg back in mid 06 that it sounded like the room was a success and I thought it would be nice to do it again. You never came to me and asked if I minded you using the AzB name for your raffle and it didn't really bother me.Last yr you gave your approval to use the az name for the room... the raffle was named after the room, which you had already given approval for. If you had come to me and asked for an item, I would have been glad to donate one.If you were willing to donate something towards the raffle, why sit back and wait to be asked? If you really cared about the raffle and what it was about, why not do like Steve Booth and so many others... come to me and offer something? I also would have been glad to put something on the main site itself about the room and/or raffle. Again, if you cared about it, and something like that crossed your mind, why not offer it instead of sitting back waiting to be asked? I was slightly busy trying to keep track of the donated items and the people buying tickets. I'm human, I'm busy, I can't think of everything. Most people realized that and offered items & services. I would have been happy to run the entire raffle myself if someone had simply said it needed to be ran. But you ran with this ball all on your own.
The raffle was my idea and grew much bigger than I expected it to be. Having not ever heard anything (last yr or this yr) from you and your thoughts or support of the room, why would going to you for help ever cross my mind? If you were willing to help, why not do like others (thank you again Donovan!) and offer to help?

I did not visit the room or take pictures inside it. I was not at the event. Diana was there taking pictures for me and I posted quite a few of them.
I realize you weren't there, my point was and still is, you did not participate in matters concerning the room.

I had hesitated in responding in this thread earlier, but I thought it might be nice to let the forum members know EXACTLY what the situation was instead of your personal view of the situation.

Mike
This is the first time I've ever heard anything out of you about the room (except when you were offering Diana as a go to). Sadly, it's only because I voiced my displeasure in your lack of participation.

As for the free advertising... I never said anyone (Greg or anyone else) should be upset about it. I was stating that it was something that annoyed me due to your lack of participation/support for the room and all that the folks (organizers, raffle donators, helpers like Donovan) did to make it happen. That's one of the reasons(personal reason, some agree, some don't) I have for wanting a room name change. The other is because of the confusion of people calling you because it's got your website as the name.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Timberly said:
I worked the InsidePOOL booth which is where my room came from. This can be confirmed by both InsidePOOL and Greg. A free room was part of the deal for my working the booth. Did you pay for the room? Was it your idea to give me a free room? I'm just trying to figure out why I'm supposed to thank you?

Hmm, that is funny. I spoke to Greg today and he said the room that he gave you was based on the AzB room. Might want to get your stories straight.

Timberly said:
I don't recall any stories prior to the DCC but seeing how your homepage is about pool and pool news, you would've posted stories regardless of the member room or not.

You are right on this one. I would have posted extra stories to promote the event anyway. Because that is what I do with the site. I promote events going on in the game of billiards. AzBilliards' support for an event has never been dependent on the organizers giving me something.

Timberly said:
There were three people to go...Willie, Steve, and myself. If someone wasn't comfortable with one of us, they had two other options... more than enough I would think.

I didn't say that Diana was there if someone was not comfortable with one of you. I said she was and could help if Willie or Steve were not available. Not comfortable and not available are two different things.

Timberly said:
The question still remains... if you weren't involved in any of the matters concerning the room, why step in and give another "option" without so much as even talking to one of the organizers about it?

Because whether you like it or not, the AzBilliards forums are part of AzBilliards. If someone in the room was to cause a problem, Greg would be calling me. He called me to see who the point person was when the room was being planned and he suggested Willie.

Timberly said:
Diana certainly had something to say about it. You're the one that decided to include her... she had her mind made up about our decisions... how did she know about those decisions? Did you share your displeasure with her? I'm just trying to figure out why she would walk into the room on the 1st day and give the members in there a hard time because we shouldn't have had a deadline and we should let anyone play. She heard about these things somehow.

Maybe it was because she heard someone talking about it. I can assure you that I did not call her to ask her to go in and discuss anything. Or maybe she read about it on the forums. She can read them and not be a regular poster.

Timberly said:
Last yr you gave your approval to use the az name for the room... the raffle was named after the room, which you had already given approval for.

I gave my approval to use the AzB name. I did not give anyone approval to hold an online raffle using the AzB name. A raffle that could have been less than 100% legal. Had the authorities stepped in, who do you think they would have contacted? Me or you? A user who already said she was leaving the site after Derby or the owner of the site?

Timberly said:
If you were willing to donate something towards the raffle, why sit back and wait to be asked? If you really cared about the raffle and what it was about, why not do like Steve Booth and so many others... come to me and offer something?

To be honest, I didn't know anything about the raffle until you had already started taking bids for items. As I have said before, I do not have the time nor desire to read every single thread on the forums. I rely on users to report threads when they are out of line.

Timberly said:
I was slightly busy trying to keep track of the donated items and the people buying tickets. I'm human, I'm busy, I can't think of everything.

If you decide that something needs to be done and decide to do it all on your own, then don't complain when it takes up time.

If you would like to compare the amount of time we each spend handling things related to AzBilliards, just let me know.

Timberly said:
The raffle was my idea and grew much bigger than I expected it to be. Having not ever heard anything (last yr or this yr) from you and your thoughts or support of the room, why would going to you for help ever cross my mind? If you were willing to help, why not do like others (thank you again Donovan!) and offer to help?

I wasn't aware that you were the person in charge of the room this year.

Timberly said:
I realize you weren't there, my point was and still is, you did not participate in matters concerning the room.

Again, whether you like it or not, I am involved with those decisions. Greg contacted me before the 06 room and again months before the 07 room.

There are some decisions that get made behind the scenes and you are not consulted for all of those decisions.

Timberly said:
This is the first time I've ever heard anything out of you about the room (except when you were offering Diana as a go to). Sadly, it's only because I voiced my displeasure in your lack of participation.[/Timberly]

Again, I was not aware that I had to run my opinions by you for your approval on things that had the AzB name.

Timberly said:
As for the free advertising... I never said anyone (Greg or anyone else) should be upset about it. I was stating that it was something that annoyed me due to your lack of participation/support for the room and all that the folks (organizers, raffle donators, helpers like Donovan) did to make it happen. That's one of the reasons(personal reason, some agree, some don't) I have for wanting a room name change. The other is because of the confusion of people calling you because it's got your website as the name.

So, Gregg is perfectly happy with the "Free" advertising that the site got as well as the coverage on the site of his event. But since YOU personally don't like it, the name of the room should change?

Sounds an awful lot like "It is all about Timberly" to me.

Mike

T

Timberly

AzHousePro said:
Hmm, that is funny. I spoke to Greg today and he said the room that he gave you was based on the AzB room. Might want to get your stories straight.
Greg, did offer me a room but I told him that I already committed to working the InsidePOOL booth and that a room was part of my payment and I asked if I could take a rain check. He said yes, and that was that. I've no reason to lie outright in public about this. You still failed to mention why I'm supposed to thank you for Greg's offer.

I didn't say that Diana was there if someone was not comfortable with one of you. I said she was and could help if Willie or Steve were not available. Not comfortable and not available are two different things.
This is the 2nd time you've failed to mention that there was a 3rd person available (me) to go to. Freudian slip?

Because whether you like it or not, the AzBilliards forums are part of AzBilliards. If someone in the room was to cause a problem, Greg would be calling me. He called me to see who the point person was when the room was being planned and he suggested Willie.
Knowing WBM, Steve, and myself were the room organizers, why would he go to you?

I gave my approval to use the AzB name. I did not give anyone approval to hold an online raffle using the AzB name. A raffle that could have been less than 100% legal. Had the authorities stepped in, who do you think they would have contacted? Me or you? A user who already said she was leaving the site after Derby or the owner of the site?
If you were really that concerned about it, you would've contacted me to end the raffle. At best, the authorities would've called you for my contact info but since my contact info was posted, I doubt they would have. I only learned the raffle wasn't 100% legal when Deno Andrews threatend and then actually tried to get someone to report me for the raffle. It seems he got in trouble for something close to what I was doing. The difference is, he was running a "charity" raffle online but it was also for his own profit. I didn't keep a single penny (I spent my own money on some things) and I had/have full accounting of everything.

To be honest, I didn't know anything about the raffle until you had already started taking bids for items. As I have said before, I do not have the time nor desire to read every single thread on the forums. I rely on users to report threads when they are out of line.
This is your response to my saying "If you were willing to donate something towards the raffle, why sit back and wait to be asked? If you really cared about the raffle and what it was about, why not do like Steve Booth and so many others... come to me and offer something?" The raffle ran for 8 months and most people that contributed didn't donate until they knew about it, which was after it started. IMO, your reasoning above for not donating to the raffle is weak. Again, JMO.

If you decide that something needs to be done and decide to do it all on your own, then don't complain when it takes up time.
You said "I also would have been glad to put something on the main site itself about the room and/or raffle."

I said "Again, if you cared about it, and something like that crossed your mind, why not offer it instead of sitting back waiting to be asked? I was slightly busy trying to keep track of the donated items and the people buying tickets. I'm human, I'm busy, I can't think of everything. Most people realized that and offered items & services."

The best response you could come with for that is your above response in blue?

Either way, I stated that it grew bigger than I expected. Unforeseen things like job changes and medical problems also arised. I still went through with it and finished it.

If you would like to compare the amount of time we each spend handling things related to AzBilliards, just let me know.
You own the site, not me. I've helped support this site more than you helped me or the other room organizers.

I wasn't aware that you were the person in charge of the room this year.
I said "The raffle was my idea and grew much bigger than I expected it to be. Having not ever heard anything (last yr or this yr) from you and your thoughts or support of the room, why would going to you for help ever cross my mind? If you were willing to help, why not do like others (thank you again Donovan!) and offer to help?"

Your response makes no sense in reference to what you quoted me saying. :confused:

FTR, I never said that I was in charge. There were three people in charge of the room and all that it entailed... Don, Steve, and myself.

Again, whether you like it or not, I am involved with those decisions. Greg contacted me before the 06 room and again months before the 07 room.
Hence the reason, I voted in favor of changing the room name.

There are some decisions that get made behind the scenes and you are not consulted for all of those decisions.
I wasn't consulted on anything from your end that had to do with the room, even though (much to your displeasure) I was an organizer.

So, Gregg is perfectly happy with the "Free" advertising that the site got as well as the coverage on the site of his event. But since YOU personally don't like it, the name of the room should change?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That just happens to be mine.

Sounds an awful lot like "It is all about Timberly" to me.
So it's ok for you to have your opinions but when I have one, it's all about me. :rolleyes:
Mike
I'm currently typing up my DCC experience post. I opened up a new window to find a quote and found your response so I answered. Just so you know, I am true to my word.... now that the DCC stuff is winding down and I'm finally feeling well enough to make my post, I will keep my word to you and leave the site. I will stop by once in a blue moon to do what I like to do... be helpful. Those times will be scarce and you and Wilson will have me out of your hair.

(The next time you talk to Greg, you might want to ask him to clarify the room situation. I assure you, my room was free to me because I worked the InsidePOOL booth.)

Have a good night.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Timberly said:
Greg, did offer me a room but I told him that I already committed to working the InsidePOOL booth and that a room was part of my payment and I asked if I could take a rain check. He said yes, and that was that. I've no reason to lie outright in public about this. You still failed to mention why I'm supposed to thank you for Greg's offer.

And I am simply going by what I was told by Greg today. He said you were given a room because of the AzB room. I doubt he has any reason to lie about this.

Just wanted ALL of the facts out there.

Timberly said:
This is the 2nd time you've failed to mention that there was a 3rd person available (me) to go to. Freudian slip?

Nope, not a slip at all. Greg asked me who was the point person for the room. After he and I talked and I then talked to Willie, I told Greg it would be Willie. Greg asked if you would be the point person and I specifically said that you would not.

Timberly said:
Knowing WBM, Steve, and myself were the room organizers, why would he go to you?

Maybe for the same reason he went to me before Willie was chosen as the point person?

Timberly said:
If you were really that concerned about it, you would've contacted me to end the raffle. At best, the authorities would've called you for my contact info but since my contact info was posted, I doubt they would have. I only learned the raffle wasn't 100% legal when Deno Andrews threatend and then actually tried to get someone to report me for the raffle. It seems he got in trouble for something close to what I was doing. The difference is, he was running a "charity" raffle online but it was also for his own profit. I didn't keep a single penny (I spent my own money on some things) and I had/have full accounting of everything.

So just to get this straight, you ran a raffle under the AzB name without consulting with the owner of the site. And when an employee of the IPT (owned by a man with deep pockets, a team of lawyers and most likely a bone to pick with that site because of all the bad press he got on the forums) threatened you and tried to report the raffle, you never saw a reason to at least inform the owner of the site about it?

Not really sure I would qualify that behavior as helpful to anyone.

Timberly said:
This is your response to my saying "If you were willing to donate something towards the raffle, why sit back and wait to be asked? If you really cared about the raffle and what it was about, why not do like Steve Booth and so many others... come to me and offer something?" The raffle ran for 8 months and most people that contributed didn't donate until they knew about it, which was after it started. IMO, your reasoning above for not donating to the raffle is weak. Again, JMO.

So, my response that I didn't know about it was not a good enough reason for me to not donate to it? If I didn't know about it, then how the heck would I be expected to donate to it?

Timberly said:
I said "Again, if you cared about it, and something like that crossed your mind, why not offer it instead of sitting back waiting to be asked? I was slightly busy trying to keep track of the donated items and the people buying tickets. I'm human, I'm busy, I can't think of everything. Most people realized that and offered items & services."

The best response you could come with for that is your above response in blue?

My response was that if you decided the job needed to be done and then decided to do it all yourself (and were offered a room for 9 days at Derby for doing it) then don't gripe that it took a lot of your time.

I am sure there are other people here who would have ran the raffle if they had known a room for 9 days would be offered to them.

Timberly said:
You own the site, not me. I've helped support this site more than you helped me or the other room organizers.

That is your opinion. Not mine.

Timberly said:
FTR, I never said that I was in charge. There were three people in charge of the room and all that it entailed... Don, Steve, and myself.

For the true record, you were never in charge of the room. Willie was the original point person on it as far as Greg was concerned and Steve was added after Diana suggested him because of how much of a help he was in 06.

Timberly said:
I wasn't consulted on anything from your end that had to do with the room, even though (much to your displeasure) I was an organizer.

You are absolutely correct. You were not consulted. Neither was Willie or Steve. I contacted Willie and asked if he was interested, he said yes.

Timberly said:
So it's ok for you to have your opinions but when I have one, it's all about me.

You think that the "free advertising" that I got from a banner in a room full of forum members is a terrible thing and that the room should be disassociated from the AzB site even though the room was the brainchild of a heavy supporter of the forums.

In your next post, you suggested that we associate the room with the magazine that you voluntarily work for although to the best of my knowledge Tom was never a member of that magazine's website.

I personally think that you are an ego driven, attention craving individual that will do anything that she can to make some people believe that she is someone in this industry.

The difference is that you make your opinion known by trumpeting it on the forums and looking for supporters. I usually try to keep my opinion to myself.

Mike