Name this pool game

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Basketball has a popular game called Horse. ( Player shoots from anywhere, if he makes it the next player has to make the same shot or get the letter “H” and so on until someone is “Horse”. )

What’s a good 3-6 letter word to call the losers of that game on the pool table? Gonna run $5 horse games at a 10-ball tourney while we’re waiting to play.. Nit?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I thought so, a little cliche but kinda funny and you get 6 tries:)

It’s a cool idea though. I’m going to find someone to play

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fish. That's what we used to call a sucker in the poolroom. 'Sucker' works good as well for a six letter game.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don’t get this one someone explain
I think BB didn't like Tenderloin Tony's message and he's trying to shoot the messenger.

Hey....

How about SHOOT? Or DOGIT?

I suppose the letters should all be different or someone could be on the O in SHOOT for a long time depending on beer intake.

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think BB didn't like Tenderloin Tony's message and he's trying to shoot the messenger.

Hey....

How about SHOOT? Or DOGIT?

I suppose the letters should all be different or someone could be on the O in SHOOT for a long time depending on beer intake.

I think shoot is too generic. Hey guys wanna play shoot? Don’t sound right.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
HORSE

Most people will immediately have a general idea, and you won't end up explaining to everyone, "It's like HORSE, yadda yadda..."

You could even tell them HORSE was actually invented as a billiards game, before being adopted by basketball. Get silly with it. People like hearing stories that involve famous sunken ships, the prison system, and black market banana traders.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re basically describing the format of the old trick shot competitions they used to have on ESPN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk