105 Ball Run by Stan Shuffett

RedEyeJedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good shooting, and a very nice run! What are those little circles inside the rack and where can I get exactly that template? Looks pretty sharp. Gotta' get back to finish watching the run.

Seneca Steve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great shooting Stan. I really liked the bluezee guitar playing in the first rack. Who was it. And hello from a former pro one student. All the best , keep hitting them straight and true.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see why you’re a very effective and much admired instructor, Stan, judging by the excellence of your aiming and delivery stroke.

I like your stroke quite a bit -- not dissimilar to Mike Sigel’s, except for your occasional lightning-fast backstroke on power shots (none of which you missed, I should add).

The especially long *aiming* you do with your tip near the CB -- and with intense concentration -- reminds me very much of Grady’s (RIP) and is a great example for any player to emulate to strengthen his/her game.

I think your run would have continued well past the 105 mark had the 8-ball at 00: 59: 55 not limited what you could do with the CB. It looked like you were playing with a Russo bridge and (if true) I wondered why you didn’t connect up the second Russo element on a second cue and proceed that way (after you noticed that cue elevation was going to be problematic).

If the bridge head wasn’t a Russo “double-connective” style, and you’re obviously going to continue trying for similar -- very personally satisfying -- long 14.1 runs, you might consider crafting something like the *one-piece* double bridge I made a while back (or having a nearby woodworking friend fabricate it for you).

The homemade one-piece one (link below) has kept more than a few runs easily alive for me whenever these, normally concentration-breaking, extreme elevation situations arise. Here’s a photo and explanation I once posted about one way to make one for yourself and keep on hand for long 14.1 sessions (or matches):

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=273544

The design could be easily varied to suit whatever materials, tools, and crafting skills (or handy neighbors) are available to you.

Btw, what kind of obviously terrific camcorder was set up to capture your run?

Arnaldo

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good shooting, and a very nice run! What are those little circles inside the rack and where can I get exactly that template? Looks pretty sharp. Gotta' get back to finish watching the run.

Those circles are just the little hole reinforcers. Just get the first 2 balls started and you are on your way.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The info for my 105 run was not intended for this forum. My wife accidentally posted it here and now I am glad she did. Perhaps it can noticed by some that would have otherwise missed it.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see why you’re a very effective and much admired instructor, Stan, judging by the excellence of your aiming and delivery stroke.

I like your stroke quite a bit -- not dissimilar to Mike Sigel’s, except for your occasional lightning-fast backstroke on power shots (none of which you missed, I should add).

The especially long *aiming* you do with your tip near the CB -- and with intense concentration -- reminds me very much of Grady’s (RIP) and is a great example for any player to emulate to strengthen his/her game.

I think your run would have continued well past the 105 mark had the 8-ball at 00: 59: 55 not limited what you could do with the CB. It looked like you were playing with a Russo bridge and (if true) I wondered why you didn’t connect up the second Russo element on a second cue and proceed that way (after you noticed that cue elevation was going to be problematic).

If the bridge head wasn’t a Russo “double-connective” style, and you’re obviously going to continue trying for similar -- very personally satisfying -- long 14.1 runs, you might consider crafting something like the *one-piece* double bridge I made a while back (or having a nearby woodworking friend fabricate it for you).

The homemade one-piece one (link below) has kept more than a few runs easily alive for me whenever these, normally concentration-breaking, extreme elevation situations arise. Here’s a photo and explanation I once posted about one way to make one for yourself and keep on hand for long 14.1 sessions (or matches):

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=273544

The design could be easily varied to suit whatever materials, tools, and crafting skills (or handy neighbors) are available to you.

Btw, what kind of obviously terrific camcorder was set up to capture your run?

Arnaldo

Thanks, Arnaldo!

I appreciate your positive comments.

I will check out your link and I just happen to have a friend that can assist me with your suggestion. In 14.1 or any game, you just can't give up in any way for any shot. Thanks again....

I am using one of the new Sony HD cams. HDR-CX210.
I got it at BEST BUY for $100 off at $179.
I like it a lot.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great shooting Stan. I really liked the bluezee guitar playing in the first rack. Who was it. And hello from a former pro one student. All the best , keep hitting them straight and true.

Thanks, that CD is called DUETS with Rob Wasserman.
Not sure which song...
Aaron Neville
Rickie Lee Jones
Bobby McFerrin
Lou Reid
Jennifer Warnes
Dan Hicks
Cheryl Bentyne
Stephanie Grappelli

Stan Shuffett

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On March 2, I ran 105 balls on my Diamond Pro. Again, I appreciate any feedback concerning the run.

It was tough cracking the one-hundred mark since the pockets are in the tight category.

Stan Shuffett

https://vimeo.com/60926311

Hello Stan
This is RAY Martin
You pocket balls real good,but you are not taking the balls of the easy way,in the start of the rack and the last five balls you are going the hard way.Learn those two things and there is reason why you could not run 300.
Best of luck.
Ray

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Stan
This is RAY Martin
You pocket balls real good,but you are not taking the balls of the easy way,in the start of the rack and the last five balls you are going the hard way.Learn those two things and there is reason why you could not run 300.
Best of luck.
Ray

Ok, Ray, thanks, Are your lessons in a private location?

Also, I will always attribute my first run of 100 in part to your video run of 93 or so at a seminar somewhere in FLA.

Anyway, I have already been tossing around the idea of visiting with you.

Thank you and I am honored that You'd view my run and offer feedback.

Contact info please,

Stan Shuffett

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
So far two things I love about this run:

- The bridge technique at the end of the first rack. You seem to really bear down on it and make it just an extension of your bridge hand. Then the back arm is used normally and looks comfortable, instead of that goofy dart stroke most people use with the bridge. Can you use the bridge this way always or only for certain situations?

- The re-break in the 2nd rack, it turns out so nice. The balls almost fall into a tidy grid, each 6-12 inches from its neighbors, everything contained on the bottom half of the table. It's already clear after the first shot that you're out of this rack.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far two things I love about this run:

- The bridge technique at the end of the first rack. You seem to really bear down on it and make it just an extension of your bridge hand. Then the back arm is used normally and looks comfortable, instead of that goofy dart stroke most people use with the bridge. Can you use the bridge this way always or only for certain situations?

- The re-break in the 2nd rack, it turns out so nice. The balls almost fall into a tidy grid, each 6-12 inches from its neighbors, everything contained on the bottom half of the table. It's already clear after the first shot that you're out of this rack.

Yes, that bridge technique can be used on many shots that are testy to reach.
Obviously, that technique was important to my run.

Yes, that rebreak turned out like out like a grid as you described. That's what I would have loved to of seen nearing the 100 mark.

Stan Shuffett

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice job

Ray Martin (ghostball) - What was your high run?

I asked Buddy Hall and he laughed and said lower than 50, probably closer to 20. He said he never played the game. Banks and 9 ball mostly.

Stan - how many 90's have you done?

What is Landon's high run?

Thanks to all,

Ken Strain

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Ray Martin (ghostball) - What was your high run?

I asked Buddy Hall and he laughed and said lower than 50, probably closer to 20. He said he never played the game. Banks and 9 ball mostly.

Stan - how many 90's have you done?

What is Landon's high run?

Thanks to all,

Ken Strain

Landon posted a 154 last year in the 14.1 forum.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Landon posted a 154 last year in the 14.1 forum.

Not sure on my 90s but a ton of 50s 60s 70s many 80s and 90s as well. I have a few hundreds already under my belt.

My foundation for 14.1 was that when I got serious I set out to run a 1000 runs of 30 or higher thinking that that would do the trick. It helped for sure.
But you can't go wrong with the strong video education that is available today by john and Danny and accustats to include Rempe's 2 videos and so much more.

So, I have been through the mill and it's just like I have just learned to read and have entered a library.

The education never stops. I think that I will actually visit with Ray.

Landon's high run is 159. He hasn't played 14.1 in a good while and ran 99 last night on his 3rd try at DTL's. landon ran his 1st 100 at age 14 on our diamond and has 14 100 plus runs total. He does not play a lot of 14.1 though.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Pretty strong Stan :) Hope to come see you again this summer !! see ya, RJ

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Hundred run at fourteen, that's unreal. Ken, ray's a legend, google shows 380 ish and 426 for him. His book is the first thing I recommend to new players.

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

flash5153

none
Silver Member
I watched your complete run. Very nice.

It inspired me to uncover the 9 footer and give it a try. And I never play 14-1.

Took me a hour of trying, just to get through the first rack!! And then I finally run 29. Left the break out ball ,,perfect,, for the 30th ball and missed the dang thing,,broke em up very nice though. DOH!!!

I learned in the first hour,,not to look too hard for the next breakout ball(for next rack) This was causing me problems ,,trying to find it early in a rack.

I'll give it try again soon. I got tired. lol