Shane Van Boening vs Justin Bergman $40.000 Match August 1st

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
As much as I like Shane he is not a guarantee. Justin may be the single best player on the planet.

Shirley, you jest!!

I like the way JB plays and have had the pleasure of watching him and his game mature or 15+- years, however, there is only 1 (one) way for him to get there and that won't happen.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
As much as I like Shane he is not a guarantee. Justin may be the single best player on the planet.

Nothing is a guarantee....But, I think you'd have no problem getting a Large bet down with someone on line if they trust the bet.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Playing SVB at his best game, for a long match, for big money?

Ol' JB has balls to do that. Good for him. If he wins, everyone will tip their hat to him. His legend will grow. If he loses, people will think he was crazy to try.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everybody thinks SVB is huge favorite might want to look closer at the details here.

They are playing on a super tight Gold Crown with 4 inch pockets and cloth that is broke in.

Break and Runs wont be easy and certainly the packages will be few and far between on this very tough equipment.

Shane's break advantage wont be near as big in this match and i think this will be a really close match imo.

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Shane give scooter the 4 and the last 6 or real close to that ..on the tightest gold crown at shooters and its super tight real close to 4' pockets and he hit balls in from all over like they were 6' pockets lol and yes he won

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB recent money games record not exactly great.

Lost to Corey Deuel (8 ball)
Lost to Roberto Gomez (10 ball)
Beat James Aranas 1st set (by small margin) and lost 2nd set (by bigger margin)

Corey and Gomez are not exactly elite anymore ("Has been" would be brutal term to use).
What am I missing?
The tighter equipment will reduce margin of victory but not going to stop the Shane train.
:smile:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB recent money games record not exactly great.

Lost to Corey Deuel (8 ball)
Lost to Roberto Gomez (10 ball)
Beat James Aranas 1st set (by small margin) and lost 2nd set (by bigger margin)

Corey and Gomez are not exactly elite anymore ("Has been" would be brutal term to use).
What am I missing?
The tighter equipment will reduce margin of victory but not going to stop the Shane train.
:smile:
Bergman was giving Corey a small handicap.And if you think Corey is not a Elite bar table 8 Ball player you must not seen that match lol

Bergman and Gomez was more of a exhibition than a money game.

Bergman beat Kevin Cheng at the Derby this year is a real money match in the action room.

Bergman beat Oscar in a big money match not to long ago giving Oscar a pretty good handicap.

Bergman beat J Shaw 80-59 when they played few years ago.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What he said...

Bergman was giving Corey a small handicap.And if you think Corey is not a Elite bar table 8 Ball player you must not seen that match lol

Bergman and Gomez was more of a exhibition than a money game.

Bergman beat Kevin Cheng at the Derby this year is a real money match in the action room.

Bergman beat Oscar in a big money match not to long ago giving Oscar a pretty good handicap.

Bergman beat J Shaw 80-59 when they played few years ago.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Justin may be the single best player on the planet.

I thought you believed strongly in FargoRate, which currently has 40 players higher than Bergman. So what is the reason for your statement?

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like this match is off:

A7taN7M.jpg