RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
giphy.gif

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All I know is the OMGWTF is the all time greatest blogger in the pool world! I so enjoy her tales of adventure at poolrooms, pool tourneys, league matches etc. When I saw that she had won the National Amateur tournament I thought that was a great accomplishment as well.

I guess in some ways I'm like her, so that much I understand. I've played poker (cash games) around the L.A. area for decades and never made any (or many) friends in the card rooms. I was there to win their money, plain and simple. And for the most part I did a good job of doing just that. What I noticed frequently was how friendly and social so many poker players are to each other. They turn a fairly high stakes (mid level poker) into a social occasion and I never ever felt that way. I have more than enough friends already that I've met through my pool related activities.

I was focused on winning and am still that way on the rare occasions when I play any more. That will never change. That is not to say I'm anti-social because I'm not. I will chat with anyone who engages me, but won't allow that to distract me from the task at hand, getting the money! When I gamble at pool or play in a tournament I somehow feel quite different. On those occasions it is more social (although not so much that I don't want to win) than when I play poker. Why that is I can't really say, other than I have a longer deeper relationship with the Pool world.

I look at it this way. I have many friends in the billiard world who I don't gamble with. I'd rather be respected for my play in the poker world than be everyone's buddy. They are two different worlds to me.

P.S. massiveunderstatement.com is the triple nuts!

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TLDR

Any pics of a hair dildo in action?

I tried to figure out what happened just for fun and to understand the drama, but I think there is too much of back story for me to comprehend what the beef is about. I need the Cliff's Notes version :D

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello to the 3 people that give a crap,

I got beat by Jenny Lee in 2013. I got beat because she is phenomenal player and gambler. When I complained about her sharking after the match was over to two women pool players (one a longtime professional) I greatly respect, they shrugged and told me the hard truth: "It's just what she does." Basically, if I agree to a match with her, it comes as part of the package and you just deal with it.

The blog post I wrote details the defining moments that changed my game for the better. In 2013, I thought sharking was unfair and total BS. In 2018, I accept that sharking is part of the game and I work to have the mental fortitude to not let it affect me. The Jenny Lee match was an epiphany and the biggest contribution to my improvement as a player.

I've posted some screenshots below from Ian Campbell. His writing style is very distinct. My comments are in blue.

Hello Ian,

Sorry it took so long to respond, I was out of town. I hope you don't mind but I've condensed three of your posts together. I haven't edited any of your statements or corrected the spelling errors. I grouped the statements that seemed to fit together best. I also blocked three digits of your phone number, but if you want me post the unedited version, just let me know.

I look the way I play: average. I use Kamui Black Soft tips. My favorite tips of all time are the old (15+ years ago) Moori Medium tips. They played so well. The later Mooris are just not the same and I miscued a lot with them (some of them glazed over too easily with the thicker glue layers) and the closest I have found are the Kamuis. I see there are a lot of new tip out there but I generally like to stick with the tried and true.

Tom Ferry's rhino foreskin are the best tips ever.

The rest is too much drama for me.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whew!!! What a rebuttal. I don't have the technology chops to put together something like that.

I'll have to give, OMGWTF high marks.

But the fact is that a lot of her copy bolsters my claims.

She implied that I was hitting on her. And our text messages clearly show that sex had nothing to do with it. She at the time had a photo of a mean white cat snarling on her blog page. In fact, I believe if memory serves, that she had a caption under the cat that said " don't mess with the cat " or something to that effect.

I was referring to that cat and the fact that tigers in Chinese culture are mythical and strong beings.

So out the door goes her hypothesis that I was hitting on her because I was not. I didn't know what I said five years ago.

She tries to make a federal case about my feelings about Danny Shades. I've known Shades for over 20 years and he is not in the dark about my feelings. I think the whole " Bete Noire " thing is very cool. The claims that I called everybody " uneducated " at SMHB is ridiculous and a lie. I called Danny Shades uneducated but that don't mean he is stupid, because he is as sly as a fox.

Just for the record there are many folks at SMHB that are far more educated than I.

Some background: The first time I ever had any dialogue with OMGWTF was at Hollywood Billiards. She asked me for a ride to the bus station in Mid-Wilshre. It was late at night and she went on and on about the fact, that she had a degree from UCLA and was not like all the " other " girls in the pool world. So much for her proletarian street-cred.

Shades has knocked my action forever. We've had dust ups in the past but I would not do without him. Pool halls aren't the country club. The dude is a character.

She claims there is something unseemly about me being a " revenue " player. Frankly I don't have the chops to be a tournament player.

I started playing in the basement at Hollywood Billiards and then after the Hollywood Athletic Club opened and the earthquake destroyed HB everybody played at the HAC.

I didn't start playing pool for real until my early thirties. Here is the partial list of " revenue " players that gave me little quarter coming up:

Mars, Stinky Richard, Charlie, Chris Corso, Hollywood Jack, Pete Hess, Black Robert, Black James, Barry " the Bear ", Lester, Shorty, The " Drummer ", Joe " the maintenance man" - best drunk pool player I ever saw, Welsh Mick.

Barry " the Bear " taught me how to play nine ball for cheap, no weight and that is the way it was. I don't believe I ever beat him.

This was way before my one pocket days. Those old pool hustlers didn't like folk that knocked their action and they might slap you around if they thought you were sh...ting on their action.

One Pocket is all about the money. The money is victory. End of story. Frankly what goes on those front tables at our pool hall is the fairest game you can get in pool. Nobody is handing out any frickin trophies.

Go to an Open tournament. What chance do you have if you are a player like me? I've flown to Reno and I've had a blast but I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell and it cost me a lot of cash.

I briefly played in the USPPA but there were so many sandbaggers. On year a Pinoy champion with an " official " rating of 70 won the big tournament in Reno. His real rating was north of 170.

She was lying on her blog. I did offer her the 8 ball and she has confirmed that I offered it to her.

I tried to set up the Match with the idea that she had a chance to win. She pissed on her own parade. She needs to review the " Color of Money ". One of the many dramatic vehicles of the story is Paul Newman battling with the Tom Cruise to subordinate his ego.

This idea that Danny Shades altered the outcome of the match is wrong. I was there at the match and I would have stepped in, if Danny had done something egregious.

She claims nobody ever gave her any advice that was a " world champion " and yet I have it on good authority from an, " unnamed source " that she went ballistic when her ex gave her advice who was a former 14.1 champion, and frankly that's just the tip of the iceberg.

She claims I made off color remarks about the gal that came forward to challenge Jenny. I believe I said, " it looks likes she could drive an 18 Wheeler ".

OMGWTF should not be one to lecture me on social etiquette or comportment. She could give a rat's @ss about anybody else's " feelings ".

God forbid that I would try to put together some content that folks may have some interest is watching. Female players who are far better players than OMGWTF have to use their sexual capital to increase their marquee value.

The Black Widow, Jennifer Barretta and many others come to mind.

Frankly OMGWTF, you treated me like crap. Then you didn't take any responsibility for your own actions. Then you tried to rub my nose in lies.

Now you've tried to besmirch my character which in my opinion in risible. There could have been more fun and events but you took the game board and tore it into pieces with your spoiled brat moves.

You've intimidated others with your poison pen but you're not gonna get away with it, regarding me.

Using my metaphorical remarks to imply that I would abuse babies is another " new low ".

I raised a child other than you and I've been a good father. My daughter knows all about my pool playing.

My daughter graduated from one of the best universities in the US and just for the record I was a high school drop out.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Whew!!! What a rebuttal. I don't have the technology chops to put together something like that.

I'll have to give, OMGWTF high marks.

But the fact is that a lot of her copy bolsters my claims.

She implied that I was hitting on her. And our text messages clearly show that sex had nothing to do with it. She at the time had a photo of a mean white cat snarling on her blog page. In fact, I believe if memory serves, that she had a caption under the cat that said " don't mess with the cat " or something to that effect.

I was referring to that cat and the fact that tigers in Chinese culture are mythical and strong beings.

So out the door goes her hypothesis that I was hitting on her because I was not. I didn't know what I said five years ago.

She tries to make a federal case about my feelings about Danny Shades. I've known Shades for over 20 years and he is not in the dark about my feelings. I think the whole " Bete Noire " thing is very cool. The claims that I called everybody " uneducated " at SMHB is ridiculous and a lie. I called Danny Shades uneducated but that don't mean he is stupid, because he is as sly as a fox.

Just for the record there are many folks at SMHB that are far more educated than I.

Some background: The first time I ever had any dialogue with OMGWTF was at Hollywood Billiards. She asked me for a ride to the bus station in Mid-Wilshre. It was late at night and she went on and on about the fact, that she had a degree from UCLA and was not like all the " other " girls in the pool world. So much for her proletarian street-cred.

Shades has knocked my action forever. We've had dust ups in the past but I would not do without him. Pool halls aren't the country club. The dude is a character.

She claims there is something unseemly about me being a " revenue " player. Frankly I don't have the chops to be a tournament player.

I started playing in the basement at Hollywood Billiards and then after the Hollywood Athletic Club opened and the earthquake destroyed HB everybody played at the HAC.

I didn't start playing pool for real until my early thirties. Here is the partial list of " revenue " players that gave me little quarter coming up:

Mars, Stinky Richard, Charlie, Chris Corso, Hollywood Jack, Pete Hess, Black Robert, Black James, Barry " the Bear ", Lester, Shorty, The " Drummer ", Joe " the maintenance man" - best drunk pool player I ever saw, Welsh Mick.

Barry " the Bear " taught me how to play nine ball for cheap, no weight and that is the way it was. I don't believe I ever beat him.

This was way before my one pocket days. Those old pool hustlers didn't like folk that knocked their action and they might slap you around if they thought you were sh...ting on their action.

One Pocket is all about the money. The money is victory. End of story. Frankly what goes on those front tables at our pool hall is the fairest game you can get in pool. Nobody is handing out any frickin trophies.

Go to an Open tournament. What chance do you have if you are a player like me? I've flown to Reno and I've had a blast but I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell and it cost me a lot of cash.

I briefly played in the USPPA but there were so many sandbaggers. On year a Pinoy champion with an " official " rating of 70 won the big tournament in Reno. His real rating was north of 170.

She was lying on her blog. I did offer her the 8 ball and she has confirmed that I offered it to her.

I tried to set up the Match with the idea that she had a chance to win. She pissed on her own parade. She needs to review the " Color of Money ". One of the many dramatic vehicles of the story is Paul Newman battling with the Tom Cruise to subordinate his ego.

This idea that Danny Shades altered the outcome of the match is wrong. I was there at the match and I would have stepped in, if Danny had done something egregious.

She claims nobody ever gave her any advice that was a " world champion " and yet I have it on good authority from an, " unnamed source " that she went ballistic when her ex gave her advice who was a former 14.1 champion, and frankly that's just the tip of the iceberg.

She claims I made off color remarks about the gal that came forward to challenge Jenny. I believe I said, " it looks likes she could drive an 18 Wheeler ".

OMGWTF should not be one to lecture me on social etiquette or comportment. She could give a rat's @ss about anybody else's " feelings ".

God forbid that I would try to put together some content that folks may have some interest is watching. Female players who are far better players than OMGWTF have to use their sexual capital to increase their marquee value.

The Black Widow, Jennifer Barretta and many others come to mind.

Frankly OMGWTF, you treated me like crap. Then you didn't take any responsibility for your own actions. Then you tried to rub my nose in lies.

Now you've tried to besmirch my character which in my opinion in risible. There could have been more fun and events but you took the game board and tore it into pieces with your spoiled brat moves.

You've intimidated others with your poison pen but you're not gonna get away with it, regarding me.

Using my metaphorical remarks to imply that I would abuse babies is another " new low ".

I raised a child other than you and I've been a good father. My daughter knows all about my pool playing.

My daughter graduated from one of the best universities in the US and just for the record I was a high school drop out.

That’s all you have to say?

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's much irony in you letting the internet get under your skin.

Just like the NPR, when hit on the head with a bat you simply deny that bats ever existed.

Thanks for reaching out Bishop with your usually whole hearted support.