Alex Giving 2/1 on the Money vs Anyone in the World!

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel the title is a bit misleading, Lenny.
Alex is not offering 2/1.....the Dipster is offering 2/1.

I can't see Alex making that game....and I hope it doesn't happen.....
...15 ahead sounds like a career....for relatively small money.

Not sure why you would say that. Even if it takes him 2 weeks and Dippy pays him 1K per game, (minimum) isn't that 15K for 2 weeks for Alex to do what hes always doing anyway?

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does Scott hate his money?
Or other people's money

He doesn't hate money - he believes he can win.

Scott played Alex very tough, they played over one hundred games before Alex could get 8 ahead...

Alex made some incredible bank shots to pull ahead last night, and I think he made every one he attempted. Not sure Mr. Frost thinks he can do that all the time.

Frost on the other hand had several balls rattle out of jaws, especially earlier in last nights action, that if they would have fallen would have given Frost an easy out.

I think this match up is a lot closer than some may think it is.

Keep in mind that these two played even for 3 days .. Scott played great last night as well, but Alex, as it seems to my memory, did not miss a shot all night and made several circus jobs that split the pocket dead center - I really don't remember him missing a shot all evening.

Congrats Alex, you deserved the win - And Scott deserves a rematch. One that I think he has a 50/50 chance of winning

Dom1nace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone will accommodate him - I know that S. Frost should take that bet, he only needs to shore up his scratching the cue ball in the pocket like 5 times a day!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He doesn't hate money - he believes he can win.

Scott played Alex very tough, they played over one hundred games before Alex could get 8 ahead...

Alex made some incredible bank shots to pull ahead last night, and I think he made every one he attempted. Not sure Mr. Frost thinks he can do that all the time.

Frost on the other hand had several balls rattle out of jaws, especially earlier in last nights action, that if they would have fallen would have given Frost an easy out.

I think this match up is a lot closer than some may think it is.

Keep in mind that these two played even for 3 days .. Scott played great last night as well, but Alex, as it seems to my memory, did not miss a shot all night and made several circus jobs that split the pocket dead center - I really don't remember him missing a shot all evening.

Congrats Alex, you deserved the win - And Scott deserves a rematch. One that I think he has a 50/50 chance of winning

So people believe they can fly just before they jump to their death , the good news for them is its over quickly and painlessly
Unlike the slow death Frost will have to endure playing Alex again ,,

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Not sure why you would say that. Even if it takes him 2 weeks and Dippy pays him 1K per game, (minimum) isn't that 15K for 2 weeks for Alex to do what hes always doing anyway?

You got two weeks of expenses....and it sounds too much like a job.
Alex is a legitimate high roller himself....he knows what it's like to win and lose 50 thou
in a day's action.

I might be a bit jaded....I've seen more money than that bet on two-ahead...in the 70s
when the money was worth more.

A half mil to a quarter mil might be interesting.....

bobbycotton

PoolHall Junkie
Silver Member
Alex played really good and got one or two good rolls at critical points in the match.Alex banks like a monster and hardly ever misses a ball and his cue ball control is perfect. In Scotts defense he got several bad rolls in my opinion in critical points of the match also. If Scott wouldn't have got those few bad rolls they would still be playing. They both are world champion one pocket players in my opinion :)

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex is a legitimate high roller himself....he knows what it's like to win and lose 50 thou
in a day's action.

I might be a bit jaded....I've seen more money than that bet on two-ahead...in the 70s

Man, where did that 70's money come from? These days we need Dippy to make investments.
Maybe Alex and Dippy already talked about it.
I hope someone, like Shane, steps up. He's got money and backers and if you are Shane 2:1 is hard to pass up.
...you know if I were Alex right now I would consider starting my own streaming company. And then promote my upcoming matches on twitter,FB, and then travel around America challenging the best at THEIR game....though that does sound like work and headaches -wonder how many buys that stream got?

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Man, where did that 70's money come from? These days we need Dippy to make investments.
Maybe Alex and Dippy already talked about it.
I hope someone, like Shane, steps up. He's got money and backers and if you are Shane 2:1 is hard to pass up.
...you know if I were Alex right now I would consider starting my own streaming company. And then promote my upcoming matches on twitter,FB, and then travel around America challenging the best at THEIR game....though that does sound like work and headaches -wonder how many buys that stream got?

Went you get to be a top player...there are people that will make games for you whether
you like them or not.
They'll be accused of saying they can give so'n so the last five...when they never said it.

I like your business idea....although I'd like him to get more mainstream...
...Alex is very marketable....just acting naturally.
....cues, cases, visors...autos....man has charisma.
( hey, what shoes are those? Pags....I can run racks in these things. :wink:)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
went you get to be a top player...there are people that will make games for you whether
you like them or not.
They'll be accused of saying they can give so'n so the last five...when they never said it.

I like your business idea....although i'd like him to get more mainstream...
...alex is very marketable....just acting naturally.
....cues, cases, visors...autos....man has charisma.
( hey, what shoes are those? Pags....i can run racks in these things. :wink:)

alex pag.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Nice, Terry.
He once said " I might not be the best, but I will gamble with the best."

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really...,

in a day's action.

Alex wasn't around in the 70's and he LOVES to play and LOVES action and shines in the lime light. I know he would be insulated by the bet, he plays tournaments that pay far less and still enjoys the opportunity to display his skills.

He takes all comers and I think he'll be all in on this one.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep. This will never happen. The best bet here is to bet that Dippy won't put up 100 to 50 for a 15 ahead, and even if he did, no player will want to play it. lol. Maybe Artie would be the only one. lol.

He will post and bet that, I can assure you

otrebor22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I used to play poker with this guy( 20 something ) who brags that no one in the card room is better than him, One day he came in with a sling and the lady in the table asked him whatever happened to his arm, he replied " I've got a torn rotator cuff ". The lady then said " you better ease up on patting yourself on the back " , it was so funny that the whole table had a chuckle! The moral of the story >>> Dont pat yourself on the back too much lest you gonna have torn rotator cuff or worse still a BROKEN WRIST!:grin:

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for all those who want a crack at Alex, he's a PROVEN world champion and I've known him on many occasions to bet his own cash 50k+

to all current pros on earth;

imo,

if you think you have half a chance, you need to acknowledge that a(you NEED weight and B) he is light years ahead of you as an overall player

he just beat perhaps the world's best one pocket player at his own game, if that match included other games Frost would have probably not even accepted

even Efren can't touch Alex, (has not bet with his own money in decades)

Alex will play anyone any game with his own cash and there are not many left that will do that outside of half dozen guys max maybe, but Alex will advertise it with enough heart to play you in poker after and THEN a sprint, and THEN a streetfight even, lol

they don't call him the lion for nothin

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just asking..... What do you think would have been the outcome in the match if Alex would have spotted Scott 1 ball? What is the bigger spot,9-8 or8-7 between these two? They are both champs and both played great!!!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Just asking..... What do you think would have been the outcome in the match if Alex would have spotted Scott 1 ball? What is the bigger spot,9-8 or8-7 between these two? They are both champs and both played great!!!

8-7 is much bigger. Scott getting to 7 is a bigger spot than Alex getting to 9

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think Alex wins giving 8,7, because he won most of his games by running balls.
If it gets down to just a few balls Scott wins that grind out anyway IMO.