Pool Cue Sales People

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
Recently had a guy responding to my post regarding me looking for a Rick Howard cue - he wants to know my budget and how much I want to spend. Bwah ha ha ha ...

Seriously what astute BUYER is going to tell a seller how much money they are willing to
spend? That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard

FYI: Once you divulge what your willing to spend YOU now completely lose all control and leverage for negotiation.

If your the kinda sales guy that does this regularly - its obvious your just hoping to hook a sucker ...

If I'm looking for a cue SHOW me the cues you have that I'm interested in and the asking price - that's how it works ...

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
You'd be amazed how many people stroll into a car dealership and say something like: "I can only afford $400 per month."

JC

Coos Cues
If you don’t list the asking price of your cue, I’m not even looking.

Not just your cue but your everything else too.

When I see this I immediately know I'm dealing with someone whose logic tree is missing branches. Why would I want to involve myself with someone I already find quite annoying? Do they think they are improving their chances of a quick and smooth transaction?

Sometimes I want to respond and ask the price just so I can tell them it's ridiculous no matter what it is. Waste their time and annoy them back. But they will never get the message so why bother?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, but from a salesperson‘s perspective, you have to know what the buyer’s price range is in order to be able to have an idea of what quality of cue to steer him towards - to keep from wasting both party’s time.

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
Sorry, but from a salesperson‘s perspective, you have to know what the buyer’s price range is in order to be able to have an idea of what quality of cue to steer him towards - to keep from wasting both party’s time.

BS - If I am telling you I'm interested in buying a Rick Howard cue - show me your Rick
Howard cue - let me decide what I want to buy and what I can and can't afford - you don't need to do anything but show and tell the. I can make my decisions and move on or try to negotiate-

We all know what cue sellers would LOVE to have - they love those people who say "I want to spend x amount of dollars what ya got"? LMAO that's a car salesman dream and cues Allan dream

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That guy was an idiot. It's like he wants you to think he's got 14 Rick Howard cues in inventory and he's just trying to help you into a good "fit." "Want to Buy" classified ads are a scammers paradise. If you know anything about him, PRINT IT!

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your wrong!

BS - If I am telling you I'm interested in buying a Rick Howard cue - show me your Rick
Howard cue - let me decide what I want to buy and what I can and can't afford - you don't need to do anything but show and tell the. I can make my decisions and move on or try to negotiate-

We all know what cue sellers would LOVE to have - they love those people who say "I want to spend x amount of dollars what ya got"? LMAO that's a car salesman dream and cues Allan dream

From a Salespersons prospective, just because you know the name of a cue doesn't mean you have any idea what it cost, I can save both of us time if you tell me your budget.

It doesn't mean I wont try to sell you something that is out of your stated budget, buying and selling is of course very emotional, but if I tell you that your not going spend more than a certain amount we may not be able to do business.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Your wrong!

From a Salespersons prospective, just because you know the name of a cue doesn't mean you have any idea what it cost, I can save both of us time if you tell me your budget.

OP is a Rick Howard owner. What makes you think "...doesn't mean you have any idea what it cost..."?

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You should make your own! You can get the wood for $150 ...

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...You can get the wood for $150 ...

Correction, you can get 'the wood' for free with the right promo code.... :thumbup:

images

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
imo, everyone has their curiosity and questions, but the way they ask makes all the difference

this way of sale made me lose interest in the past, I would not use stronger words

I like that the OP saying it out, just send cue pics, info and asking price, it's not rocket science.