Southern Classic Coins

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Check these out yall! I ran across these while I was cleaning up some over the weekend and figured I'd share a pic of em! Too bad the tournament died. I think it only lasted for 2 years. Not sure which I was at but I think this one Justin Hall won the over all and maybe banks. And I'm not sure, but this might be the one where Fedor Gorst made one of his first appearances at the Bigfoot Challenge. That may have been the at the Derby for Fedor but I just can't remember
e05d1ca4a1229756fff38c01e1b6ed95.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check these out yall! I ran across these while I was cleaning up some over the weekend and figured I'd share a pic of em! Too bad the tournament died. I think it only lasted for 2 years. Not sure which I was at but I think this one Justin Hall won the over all and maybe banks. And I'm not sure, but this might be the one where Fedor Gorst made one of his first appearances at the Bigfoot Challenge. That may have been the at the Derby for Fedor but I just can't remember
e05d1ca4a1229756fff38c01e1b6ed95.jpg
2012. I was there. Highlight was watchin' Landon smoke Earl on the 10ft'r. Alex won the 9ball.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Check these out yall! I ran across these while I was cleaning up some over the weekend and figured I'd share a pic of em! Too bad the tournament died. I think it only lasted for 2 years. Not sure which I was at but I think this one Justin Hall won the over all and maybe banks. And I'm not sure, but this might be the one where Fedor Gorst made one of his first appearances at the Bigfoot Challenge. That may have been the at the Derby for Fedor but I just can't remember ...

Justin Hall's big year in Tunica was 2012, the first Southern Classic. He won the Banks, the One-Pocket, and was Master of the Table.

Gorst wasn't in the Bigfoot event until 2017 at the DCC. He was only 12 at the time of that first Southern Classic. Maybe you were thinking of someone else?

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Thanks for the correction guys. It must have been Landon because it was a youngin playing and I remember Dilaberto(sp) the commentator saying it doesn't matter who you are when you are playing against a young opponent, they are always the crowd favorite.

I was at the Derby where Fedor made his way to the final 2 or 3 on the Bigfoot table too. Sometimes my days even run together my bad.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the correction guys. It must have been Landon because it was a youngin playing and I remember Dilaberto(sp) the commentator saying it doesn't matter who you are when you are playing against a young opponent, they are always the crowd favorite.

I was at the Derby where Fedor made his way to the final 2 or 3 on the Bigfoot table too. Sometimes my days even run together my bad.
Landon was 17-18 at the time. Put a major beat-down on Earl on that big table.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Ah, yes, it was Landon rather than Fedor in the 10-Foot event in 2012. Landon finished 3rd/4th. He won a rather "famous" match in that event, whomping Earl 15-4.

Edit -- sorry garczar, you posted while I was readying to do so.

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too bad Sullivan doesn't give a second event a try again. How 'bout one at the Harrah's in New Orleans? That would be great. Got give people a reason other than just pool (& the host hotel) to attend. A great eating town. And no, not one in Atlantic City.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, yes, it was Landon rather than Fedor in the 10-Foot event in 2012. Landon finished 3rd/4th. He won a rather "famous" match in that event, whomping Earl 15-4.
I was ring-side. Earl didn't say a word. Just took his ass-whippin' straight up. Landon played super good. Hennessee was the big action guy that week. Beat Keith Bennett out of around 40grand in the late nite room.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is that the one where Earl acted like a gentleman in his loss?

I was ring-side. Earl didn't say a word. Just took his ass-whippin' straight up. Landon played super good. Hennessee was the big action guy that week. Beat Keith Bennett out of around 40grand in the late nite room.

Well, Earl didn't act like a gentleman during that match. Here's something I posted at the time: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3699984&postcount=25