Another Becue Review

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First let me say that my screen name of Tony Longoni is based on a previous relationship i have the Longoni Cues. As most of you know my real name is Tony Rudi. I no longer have any relationship with Longoni Cues. I am not being paid in anyway by Becue for this review.
BeCue Review
First Impressions…

Upon receiving the BeCue in the mail, I immediately noticed it was packaged very well. Before even opening, I felt very confident the cue had arrived in good condition. The cue comes in an simple yet elegant white box. Opening the box reveals black foam cutouts containing the butt, shaft, and Leonardo weight system (if purchased). You are immediately drawn to the Carbon in the Butt end of the BeCue. The weave is pronounced and beautiful. The cue is definitely an eye catcher. The metal joint and butt cap accentuate the carbon very nicely.
The shaft is white color. Not a glossy sticky white like you would find on a cheap graphite cue, but more of a matte white. They use an aeronautical paint to coat the shaft. The shaft has a slight texture to it when it comes from the factory, which some players prefer. But you can also go over it with 2000 grit sandpaper to get it perfectly smooth if that’s what you prefer. The shaft comes finished with an Ultraskin Medium tip.
The butt and the shaft are put together using a proprietary joint called the BeJoint. They fit together well with good contact between the butt and shaft facings.

Performance…

The cue has great weight distribution in your hands. If feels well balanced and solid. Looking down the shaft feels very natural due to the white color of the shaft. From the first shot, you can feel something different about this cue. There is zero vibration. After shooting several more shots I was extremely impressed with how the cue felt. Regardless of what kind of English or stroke I put on the ball, the feedback through the cue felt like I made a center ball hall. The cue ball reacted well to English, moving around the table with very little effort. The energy transfer into the ball is very noticeable. With the same amount of effort, I was able to get as much or more English than with any other cue I’ve shot with before. All this is being done with the standard tip that comes on the cue. Im really looking forward to swapping it out with my standard Zen Soft tips to see the difference. I have played an Ultraskin medium before on one of my other shafts and was not happy with the performance. So I assume I will be further impressed with my normal tips.

Deflection…

I have been playing low deflection shafts since they were first introduced to the market in the 90’s. Before playing with the BeCue I was using a Predator Revo, but I have played with just about everything available on the market. The BeCue is definitely a low deflection cue. Without doing scientific testing I would say it deflects as little or less than the Revo or Z3.

Final Thoughts…

Im really impressed with this cue. In my opinion, it hits better than any cue ive shot with before it. I really love the solid feel I get while playing with this cue. The only drawback of this cue for me is the taper on the shaft. It has a very fast Rate-of-Rise which begins pretty high up on the shaft. While the shaft is considerably thinner than my revo at the tip (12.9mm vs 11.8mm), the BeCue shaft is thicker at about 6-8 inches from the tip. I will be reaching out to the guys over at BeCue to see about making me a different shaft. If they do, I think I may have myself a new primary cue!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Thanks Tony, good review. They are definitely working on the pro taper shaft. Hopefully they can keep the same performance characteristics as the original.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks Tony Longoni for your review of BeCue.

I would like to hear more about the pro taper BeCue.

JoeyA

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks joey, they are a great company to deal with on a customer service level. i already shot a message over to the owner and am waiting on a reply. i actually dont mind a conical taper, but the taper is just a bit too strong and too high in the shaft for my preferences. i can tell you that in several conversation i had with the owner, they were very open to ideas which would help them make a better product so i expect to see the product get better with each production. - Tony

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm taking my Becue on the road. If you would like to give it a try I will be at the M8 Tournament at Canterbury Park (Shakopee, Minnesota) March 10, 11 and 12 then in Schaumburg IL the 13th and 14th. To set an appointment to test drive the Hottest New Cue out there - TEXT or Email me at USA@BecueOfficial.com Alessandro Becue Bressan

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First let me say that my screen name of Tony Longoni is based on a previous relationship i have the Longoni Cues. As most of you know my real name is Tony Rudi. I no longer have any relationship with Longoni Cues. I am not being paid in anyway by Becue for this review.
BeCue Review
First Impressions…

Upon receiving the BeCue in the mail, I immediately noticed it was packaged very well. Before even opening, I felt very confident the cue had arrived in good condition. The cue comes in an simple yet elegant white box. Opening the box reveals black foam cutouts containing the butt, shaft, and Leonardo weight system (if purchased). You are immediately drawn to the Carbon in the Butt end of the BeCue. The weave is pronounced and beautiful. The cue is definitely an eye catcher. The metal joint and butt cap accentuate the carbon very nicely.
The shaft is white color. Not a glossy sticky white like you would find on a cheap graphite cue, but more of a matte white. They use an aeronautical paint to coat the shaft. The shaft has a slight texture to it when it comes from the factory, which some players prefer. But you can also go over it with 2000 grit sandpaper to get it perfectly smooth if that’s what you prefer. The shaft comes finished with an Ultraskin Medium tip.
The butt and the shaft are put together using a proprietary joint called the BeJoint. They fit together well with good contact between the butt and shaft facings.

Performance…

The cue has great weight distribution in your hands. If feels well balanced and solid. Looking down the shaft feels very natural due to the white color of the shaft. From the first shot, you can feel something different about this cue. There is zero vibration. After shooting several more shots I was extremely impressed with how the cue felt. Regardless of what kind of English or stroke I put on the ball, the feedback through the cue felt like I made a center ball hall. The cue ball reacted well to English, moving around the table with very little effort. The energy transfer into the ball is very noticeable. With the same amount of effort, I was able to get as much or more English than with any other cue I’ve shot with before. All this is being done with the standard tip that comes on the cue. Im really looking forward to swapping it out with my standard Zen Soft tips to see the difference. I have played an Ultraskin medium before on one of my other shafts and was not happy with the performance. So I assume I will be further impressed with my normal tips.

Deflection…

I have been playing low deflection shafts since they were first introduced to the market in the 90’s. Before playing with the BeCue I was using a Predator Revo, but I have played with just about everything available on the market. The BeCue is definitely a low deflection cue. Without doing scientific testing I would say it deflects as little or less than the Revo or Z3.

Final Thoughts…

Im really impressed with this cue. In my opinion, it hits better than any cue ive shot with before it. I really love the solid feel I get while playing with this cue. The only drawback of this cue for me is the taper on the shaft. It has a very fast Rate-of-Rise which begins pretty high up on the shaft. While the shaft is considerably thinner than my revo at the tip (12.9mm vs 11.8mm), the BeCue shaft is thicker at about 6-8 inches from the tip. I will be reaching out to the guys over at BeCue to see about making me a different shaft. If they do, I think I may have myself a new primary cue!

Thanks for the review ... I am waiting for BeCue to reach it's final stage of development with a pro taper shaft.

I think I have to have one because it is just so cutting edge cool ... If George Jetson played pool he would of shot with one of these .. lol

Even if I am not wild about playing with it - I am sure like any cue some will like it and some will not - but I want one just to have a cue with this much forward thinking and advanced material construction.

Good rolls.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Tony Longoni for your review of BeCue.

I would like to hear more about the pro taper BeCue.

JoeyA

I will receive my Becue Prime (pro taper) shaft in a week or so.

I plan on doing a comparison between their original conical taper shaft and the pro taper.

I'm sure I will prefer the pro taper simply because that is what I'm used to and I use a closed bridge, but the original shaft hits really good and may be preferable for others.

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Version 2

So its been about 6 months since i received my original Becue. When i first started dealing with Becue, i told them that i would be brutally honest in my opinion of the product. The cue i received 6 months ago didnt have many bad things to critique, but i had some pretty detailed conversations with the owner about things that i thought could be better with the production. Fast forward 6 months later and Becue contact me to let me now that they took my advice (along with others who gave good feedback), and made some changes that they wanted me to evaluate. On friday of last week, i received my updated Becue, including both the new Prime Shaft (pro Taper) and the new version of their 5.1 shaft (conical taper). i also received the new extension they designed as well. They literally addressed every single one of the bullet points i gave them. so by the end of this week i will posting a new review of the Becue, and i can tell you from now that its a review you are not going to want to miss!

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So its been about 6 months since i received my original Becue. When i first started dealing with Becue, i told them that i would be brutally honest in my opinion of the product. The cue i received 6 months ago didnt have many bad things to critique, but i had some pretty detailed conversations with the owner about things that i thought could be better with the production. Fast forward 6 months later and Becue contact me to let me now that they took my advice (along with others who gave good feedback), and made some changes that they wanted me to evaluate. On friday of last week, i received my updated Becue, including both the new Prime Shaft (pro Taper) and the new version of their 5.1 shaft (conical taper). i also received the new extension they designed as well. They literally addressed every single one of the bullet points i gave them. so by the end of this week i will posting a new review of the Becue, and i can tell you from now that its a review you are not going to want to miss!

Please make sure you include some good images as their marketing website images are 'pretty weak'. Close up Pics of the tip, Joint (opened and Closed) and butt would be nice. Also what is the pin type (nothing on this anywhere) -thread count -diameter - length etc. Do they sell the Prime Pro shaft only yet? .. or what about shaft blanks? After seeing some of the images post here on AZ of the prototype I'm hoping they have 'cleaned up' their act a bit. Also any word on any promo's or specials to move these things? ie like the Expo deals etc

Thx
r

ziggystardust

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any new info yet? I know you haven't had the new stuff long so I guess we will have to wait.Just wanted you to know I appreciate when good players like you and Tate offer your opinion on new products.
Thanks in advance....Carl

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to say I was at the room Tony plays and runs a tournament out of Friday night n he let me hit with this cue and it is a super solid great feeling hit. I only hit one ball n it was all I needed to because I could tell instantly The feel or hit is the best part about this cue. I've hit w the revo n I'm not educated at all about the becue but the biggest thing I didn't like about the revo was the hit. However this becue hit almost identical to a maple shaft without any of the negative feel to a maple shaft(vibration or construction/strength) again I don't know much about it but I could see me playing with one down the road.

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
still awaiting tip change

full review is still to come. i had my local cue repairman switching to tips to my standard Zan Soft tips so i can give an honest review comparing apples to apples. should get the cue in hand tonight... im excited!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got an e-mail from Alessandro this morning with the tracking number for my new Becue Prime (pro taper) shaft. I got busy and didn't have a chance to check the status of when it will arrive, so I'm guessing it will be sometime in the next several days.

I ordered it with an Ultra-skin soft tip and he is sending me another of the same tip so I can put it on my Becue 5.1 (original conical taper) shaft.

Once I have them both set up with the same tips, I will do a review comparing what I think are the pros and cons of each shaft.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to UPS, my new PRIME shaft arrived at work today, but I was off.

I hope to stop by there tomorrow to pick it up so that I can play with it on Sunday.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Looking forward to your review.
JoeyA

I just got an e-mail from Alessandro this morning with the tracking number for my new Becue Prime (pro taper) shaft. I got busy and didn't have a chance to check the status of when it will arrive, so I'm guessing it will be sometime in the next several days.

I ordered it with an Ultra-skin soft tip and he is sending me another of the same tip so I can put it on my Becue 5.1 (original conical taper) shaft.

Once I have them both set up with the same tips, I will do a review comparing what I think are the pros and cons of each shaft.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Becue is the real deal!

OK folks, here's the deal.

I just got my new Prime (pro taper) shaft for the Becue and it has an Ultra-skin soft tip on it. I had them ship me another of the same tip and I'm having it put on the 5.1 (conical shaft). I won't get that shaft back until sometime this week, so I didn't get a chance to compare the shafts with the same type of tips.

Now for the review of the cue with the Prime shaft after about 10 hours of playing with it today.

I can't think of enough superlatives to give this cue the rating that it deserves. I have hit with LOTS and LOTS of cues over the 50 years I've played, but I think this cue may be the best hitting cue made. I don't care if you have a Szamboti, a Balabushka, a Southwest, or whatever, it ISN'T going to hit better than this cue and that is a FACT.

One of the other Becue owners on here said something like "it goes through the ball" and that is exactly what it does. It may be the "purist" hitting cue on the market. You can hit ALL OVER the cue ball and you never feel that "boing" or vibrating-type hit that you feel with a regular shaft when you hit the very extreme edges of the cue ball. It makes it feel like you are hitting center cue ball on every shot.

The cue seems to generate a lot more power with less force than a wooden cue. It must be because the entire cue is made of carbon fiber...not just the shaft. You can really move the cue ball without a lot of effort. I must say the Ultra-skin soft will generate a LOT of spin if you rev it up with a power stroke. I had a couple people come over and ask me what type of tip I was using because I was making the cue ball MOVE.

I set up some shots where I put an object ball on the long rail about six inches above the side pocket and I put the cue ball about an inch off the same side rail and back down the table below the spot. This gives you almost a 5-foot shot that is practically straight in with the object ball on the rail. I was DRILLING this shot over and over and bringing the cue ball 3 and 4 rails back down table for position for a ball on the end rail behind the spot. On the table I was playing on, which doesn't have the fastest cloth, you have to put some serious "HOUDINI" on the ball to power it back from that shallow of an angle. The cue ball is traveling about 20 feet and about 15 of those feet are after hitting full-face on the object ball with a lot of inside force follow..

There is very little deflection on this shaft. I usually use my Predator FAT 314-2 and I think it has a bit more deflection than this shaft, but I didn't have any trouble adjusting to it. The whole time I was shooting with it, I was thinking it may be the first "point and shoot" cue...sort of WYSIWYG...what you see is what you get.

I will say right now that I don't think ANYBODY can make a wood shaft that hits as precise and solid as this shaft hits.

I know the shaft must have a bit of flex in it, but I never noticed it or felt it. You can generate a lot of "swerve" with the shaft for EXTREME back cuts. I shot some balls that looked impossible to make but the cue ball swerved at the last moment and spun the object ball at cut angles so far backwards that some people asked me how I did it.

If you want to collect fancy cues then keep right on doing it. If you want a cue that is strictly a high-performance PLAYER that will do EVERYTHING your cue can and MORE, then try out one these cues.

Then again, don't try it out...you might start shooting so good that you will sell all your other stuff and you won't look so fancy.

The more I shot with this cue, the more I wanted to keep playing beyond the 10 hours I played. It hits so good it may be against the law.

If Mosconi had this cue he may have run 526 balls every time he played

In edit:

I was using it to break with, too. I wasn't hitting the balls as hard as I usually do with my break cue, but I was getting some really good spreads. The cue makes for a very accurate and solid hit on the head ball.

In edit again:

For people who don't wear gloves, the shaft may tend to be a bit more "tacky" than a wooden shaft. I just recently started wearing a glove because the A/C in Brian's was down for months and months, so I haven't tried it out bare-handed, except for a couple open-bridge shots.

Also, I am used to playing with cues that have linen wraps and this cue doesn't have a wrap. I was thinking of getting one of those rubber sleeves to put on it to try it out.

Last edited:

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
at some point I'll likely get their entire suite of products just because I'm a gear head

holding off at the moment as their online presence at the moment leaves something to be desired

I think these guys could benefit greatly from a proper distributor

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
at some point I'll likely get their entire suite of products just because I'm a gear head

holding off at the moment as their online presence at the moment leaves something to be desired

I think these guys could benefit greatly from a proper distributor

....^^^ This ^^^... Prices on the FB link (lower) much different than on their 'Shop Now' page... No easy US $$ conversion ...

FB Link:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Becueofficial/shop/?rid=881450801961298&rt=6

Shop Now link:
http://www.becueofficial.com/store/c3/Cues.html

Last edited:

JoeyA

Silver Member
Damn..........You really got behind that cue. Thanks for the review. Look forward to hearing more in the future.

JoeyA

OK folks, here's the deal.

I just got my new Prime (pro taper) shaft for the Becue and it has an Ultras-soft tip on it. I had them ship me another of the same tip and I'm having it put on the 5.1 (conical shaft). I won't get that shaft back until sometime this week, so I didn't get a chance to compare the shafts with the same type of tips.

Now for the review of the cue with the Prime shaft after about 10 hours of playing with it today.

I can't think of enough superlatives to give this cue the rating that it deserves. I have hit with LOTS and LOTS of cues over the 50 years I've played, but I think this cue may be the best hitting cue made. I don't care if you have a Szamboti, a Balabushka, a Southwest, or whatever, it ISN'T going to hit better than this cue and that is a FACT.

One of the other Becue owners on here said something like "it goes through the ball" and that is exactly what it does It may be the "purist" hitting cue on the market. You can hit ALL OVER the cue ball and you never feel that "boing" or vibrating-type hit that you feel with regular shaft when you hit the very extreme edges of the cue ball. It makes it feel like you are hitting center cue ball on every shot.

The cue seems to generate a lot more power with less force than a wooden cue. It must be because the entire cue is made of carbon fiber...not just the shaft. You can really move the cue ball without a lot of effort. I must say the Ultra-skin soft will generate a LOT of spin if you rev it up with a power stroke. I had a couple people come over and ask me what type of tip I was using because I was making the cue ball MOVE.

I sit up some shots where I put an object ball on the long rail about six inches above the side pocket and I put the cue ball about an inch off the same side rail and back down the table below the spot. This gives you almost a 5-foot shot that is practically straight in with the object ball on the rail. I was DRILLING this shot over and over and bringing the cue ball 3 and 4 rails back down table for position for a ball on the end rail behind the spot. On the table I was playing on, which doesn't have the fastest cloth, you have to put some serious "HOUDINI" on the ball to power it back from that shallow of an angle. The cue ball is traveling about 20 feet.

There is very little deflection on this shaft. I usually use my Predator FAT 314-2 and I think it has a bit more deflection that this shaft, but I didn't have any trouble adjusting to it. The whole time I was shooting with it, I was thinking it may be the first "point and shoot" cue...sort of WYSIWYG...what you see is what you get.

I will say right now that I don't think ANYBODY can make a wood shaft that hits as precise and solid as this shaft hits.

I know the shaft must have a bit of flex in it, but I never noticed it or felt it. You can generate a lot of "swerve" with the shaft for EXTREME back cuts. I shot some balls that looked impossible to make but the cue ball swerved at the last moment and spun the object ball at cut angles so far backwards that some people asked me how I did it.

If you want to collect fancy cues then keep right on doing it. If you want a cue that is strictly a high-performance PLAYER that will do EVERYTHING your cue can and MORE, then try out one these cues.

Then again, don't try it out...you might start shooting so good that you will sell all your other stuff and you won't look so fancy.

The more I shot with this cue, the more I wanted to keep playing beyond the 10 hours I played. It hits so good it may be against the law.

If Mosconi had this cue he may have run 526 balls every time he played

In edit:

I was using it to break with, too. I wasn't hitting the balls as hard as I usually do with my break cue, but I was getting some really good spreads. The cue makes for a very accurate and solid hit on the head ball.

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
Wow....don't think I could write a better review than HawaiianEye

I had a very similar experience.Probably the most pure 'hit' I have ever felt.
I bought mine at the SBE....I do not play with a glove and that was a problem using the 5.1 shaft ( their original ). I received the Prime shaft and tried it out the other day. I set up a straight-in from corner to corner...stop shots , follow , draw from 5-6 diamonds...all very solid and excellent feel.

And just as reported, more power with less force. I also got the extension and it fits perfectly.

The attention to detail and precision engineering is amazing in this cue.

And to top it off , Alessandro is extremely nice and responds quickly. I look forward to more from Becue and wish them much success.