Longoni case?

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I just had the opportunity to check out a Longoni case and think it looks really cool, and the way it holds butts/shafts using foam sponges is very interesting.

What is everyone's thoughts on them as a cue case? How do you think the sponge will react with a cue's finish over time?

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I’ve had a cue in a Longoni case for about 8 years now. So far the sponge foam inserts have had no effect on the cue’s finish. It’s a nice hardy case overall.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Longoni Skipper 2x4. I absolutely love it.
The foam parts had a strong odor when brand new that quickly went away. The case is perfectly constructed and extremely functional. I carry a playing cue with 2 shafts, a full break cue, and a full jump cue. I have also found a way to fit a bridge head, a pair of scissors, and a 2-cue claw in it as well, along with the usual stuff.
HIGHLY recommended

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a lot for the advice, I bought one and am happy with it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone own or know anything abut this case? Thanks

Edit: I ordered it and will follow up.

Attachments

• 9ADFDD5B-A911-4BE3-8C3C-43B5CA833B2C.jpg
    9ADFDD5B-A911-4BE3-8C3C-43B5CA833B2C.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Giotto?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op02fYwDIkw&feature=share

Wow, nice case!

Looks like darn nice leather. I tend to prefer metal zippers. At first I did not because I was worried about scratching a cue, but my feelings evolved.

I have been watching, waiting, and looking for a 4x8 butterfly.

This is now in the running for me.

I am not crazy about the handle, and though a nylon strap is very practical and strong, at that price point I would think a "luxury" case would have a leather strap.

Can you comment in more detail on your case?

Thanks for any further info or opinion.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Giotto?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op02fYwDIkw&feature=share

Wow, nice case!

Looks like darn nice leather. I tend to prefer metal zippers. At first I did not because I was worried about scratching a cue, but my feelings evolved.

I have been watching, waiting, and looking for a 4x8 butterfly.

This is now in the running for me.

I am not crazy about the handle, and though a nylon strap is very practical and strong, at that price point I would think a "luxury" case would have a leather strap.

Can you comment in more detail on your case?

Thanks for any further info or opinion.

This replaced a Porper VIP 4/8 in codura. At around $150+ the Porper is just about perfect for size, pockets, protection and so on. I put a Pool Gods strap on it.

I started looking at Longoni cases and the Giotto Autunno popped up. The cue compartment has flaps that cover the zipper when removing/inserting cue. Outer pocket(s) size is substantial. Interior that hold the cues is neoprene(I believe), I do not load up cases...have 2 butts and 3 shafts. Leather is outstanding ....real nice. I like the 2 tone. It is a Soft case but protective. The case is different. Got it from California Billiards in Chula Vista. I was not sure about it...bought it sight unseen. Growing on me real fast. Got a lot of compliments. Feel free any more questions...will gladly post any close up pictures.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you!

Plenty of pics online.

The length is a big deal for me.

I want a 4x8 to take various cues from my collection to play. Some are longer and/or have joint protectors.

I dig the nice leather though.

I am also looking at Castillo, JB, and others.

The Porper is nice, but I want leather.

There are so many great options.

I also have a design of my own if I can find the time to build it. Time is my biggest problem. I have the leather and an industrial walking foot sewing machine. I have made some cases. I know I can do it...but I don't have rime.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you!

Plenty of pics online.

The length is a big deal for me.

I want a 4x8 to take various cues from my collection to play. Some are longer and/or have joint protectors.

I dig the nice leather though.

I am also looking at Castillo, JB, and others.

The Porper is nice, but I want leather.

There are so many great options.

I also have a design of my own if I can find the time to build it. Time is my biggest problem. I have the leather and an industrial walking foot sewing machine. I have made some cases. I know I can do it...but I don't have rime.

I definitely suggest not buying the Longoni blindly. Absolutely build your own...find the time. Piece by piece...little by little. You are creative...let's see what you come up with.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate the encouragement, but I would like something to use soon.

I have a neoprene sort of duffel that is designed to carry a cue case. Four Fellini type cases fit in it perfectly, but I prefer not to take those cases to the pool hall. Occasionally I do, but I really want a 4x8 that I can just toss whatever cues I want to take in and go. Oh...and have some storage.

Though I will take your advice and give strong consideration to at least getting the project moving to build one. I really would like to do it.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I appreciate the encouragement, but I would like something to use soon.

I have a neoprene sort of duffel that is designed to carry a cue case. Four Fellini type cases fit in it perfectly, but I prefer not to take those cases to the pool hall. Occasionally I do, but I really want a 4x8 that I can just toss whatever cues I want to take in and go. Oh...and have some storage.

Though I will take your advice and give strong consideration to at least getting the project moving to build one. I really would like to do it.

For a Take to Pool Room case... The Porper VIP is accommodating and not flashy. I tend to take the Porper or a 2x4 Guisseppi to pool rooms. Did you start your project yet. You know you want to....here's another push:thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a Take to Pool Room case... The Porper VIP is accommodating and not flashy. I tend to take the Porper or a 2x4 Guisseppi to pool rooms. Did you start your project yet. You know you want to....here's another push:thumbup::thumbup:

Looking at the Porper.

Nylon lining.

I think I prefer others that I see with a soft cloth lining...not sure...

Yes, yes...push push....LOL! I'l get started at some point soon...

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looking at the Porper.

Nylon lining.

I think I prefer others that I see with a soft cloth lining...not sure...

Yes, yes...push push....LOL! I'l get started at some point soon...

Porper. (Cordura) I have fairly expensive cues in it. Lining is pretty good. The carry handle is on correct side of case. Pocket are not lined but not a deal beaker. Put a Pool Gods strap on it. Buy from a place that will take it back if you do not like it.

Your case to be made.
C.D. Cases
Doc's Case
Case by Chop
ChopCase

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Porper. (Cordura) I have fairly expensive cues in it. Lining is pretty good. The carry handle is on correct side of case. Pocket are not lined but not a deal beaker. Put a Pool Gods strap on it. Buy from a place that will take it back if you do not like it.

Your case to be made.
C.D. Cases
Doc's Case
Case by Chop
ChopCase

Sent you a PM. :smile:

hasu

Registered
I started looking at Longoni cases and the Giotto Autunno popped up. The cue compartment has flaps that cover the zipper when removing/inserting cue. Outer pocket(s) size is substantial. Interior that hold the cues is neoprene(I believe), I do not load up cases...have 2 butts and 3 shafts. Leather is outstanding ....real nice. I like the 2 tone. It is a Soft case but protective. The case is different. Got it from California Billiards in Chula Vista. I was not sure about it...bought it sight unseen. Growing on me real fast. Got a lot of compliments. Feel free any more questions...will gladly post any close up pictures.

I just got a Giotto. I love it except for the shoulder strap; even when I make it as short as possible, it's still quite long -- about 37 inches. Did you encounter this issue?