Cuetec CF shafts

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A question for those who own a Cuetec CF shaft. How would you describe the sound made when the cue contacts the cue ball? With a soft or super soft tip, would the sound be a muted, dull thud? Do medium and hard tips make a sound like breaking glass, tink or ping sound? I like a soft hitting cue and currently use a Triangle tip on a Lucasi custom. There is no sound made when the tip contacts the cue ball. Would it be possible to duplicate this with the Cuetec CF shaft? If not, I’ll just stay with my Lucasi. Thanks for any help you guys can share.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I don't know about keeping it basically silent but I left the sniper tip on when I ordered it and that seemed pretty soft to me and sounded just like any wood shaft.

I have a black medium on it now and it leans a little towards the"tink" sound but not to a bad degree

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had the revo, also have the becue and cuetec. All equipped with Kamui clear black medium. Hits great, the cuetec does not have the tink noise and is very close to a maple feel/hit, & sound.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used the R12.9's for about a year now …. hit with the demo C12.5 and liked it better than my Revo's.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used the R12.9's for about a year now …. hit with the demo C12.5 and liked it better than my Revo's.

Hey Mr Hustler,

Got a question for you. What do you like more about the C 12.5 over the R 12.9?

Is it a mental thing to "you" such as the way "you" think it sounds, feels, visual (no ferrule)...etc. or is it a performance variant that can be measured such as energy transfer or deflection?

Thanks,

Jeff

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There really isn't much in the way of sound. The shaft is very smooth and the tip is softer than I'm used to. No "tink" sound to speak of. I'm loving it enough that I bought a second one!

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Mr Hustler,

Got a question for you. What do you like more about the C 12.5 over the R 12.9?

Is it a mental thing to "you" such as the way "you" think it sounds, feels, visual (no ferrule)...etc. or is it a performance variant that can be measured such as energy transfer or deflection?

Thanks,

Jeff

Morning Jeff,

I had used a R12.9 for about a year and a half when I had the chance to hit with the prototype C12.5 I played with it for about 4-5 hours and really had a chance to get used to it. I noticed that I really liked the white "ferrule" for aiming / sighting, the longer thinner taper and it also had (to me anyways) a slightly less ping sound to it. The deflection was also less than my Revos. Took a little getting used to, but I'm getting there!

Have a great day!

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I've been using mine for about a week now and I am madly in love. This is my first ld shaft and I can't believe how easy it was to adjust and how much less I have to compensate when using english. I absolutely love the feedback of this shaft and my speed control has jumped up a complete notch from where it was. The Cynergy is a homerun in my book.

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had mine for a month now, I tried the sniper tip that came on it and did not like it, I changed to the kamui clear black medium tip and it hits and plays great, no more sound than my maple shaft has, no ting or tic .

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The deflection was also less than my Revos. Took a little getting used to, but I'm getting there!

Either they have made something different with that prototype Cynergy shaft or you had the different Revo 12.9. From my experience Revo 12.9 I've tested was definitely lower deflection comparing to the Cynergy I have possibility to try now. It does not mean one of these shafts is great while the other is not. Cynergy is a very good one. The major question is which one suits your preferences better.

Last edited: