Diamond professional table

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just installed these 2 in May of this year.

Trent from Toledo
Nice looking tables. Not Tournament edition?
How are the pockets out of the box? Calibrated fairly well? The pockets on my GC4 were wide and inconsistent. Was that the table or installation? I think I would get the Tourney edition if I get a Vl.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Nice looking tables. Not Tournament edition?
How are the pockets out of the box? Calibrated fairly well? The pockets on my GC4 were wide and inconsistent. Was that the table or installation? I think I would get the Tourney edition if I get a Vl.

One of them was T. Edition, The pockets were within tolerances. the castings are kind of hard to mess up on the 4 5 6. I would go T. Edition as well.

Trent

Quote from my client who has the T edition GC6 " Dude!!! I'm still in awe! Got some buddies comin' over again.....they can't believe how nice this plays!", "Play every day. No regrets on that beauty!"

realkingcobra

Silver Member
"Three piece slate they have to glue together and then sand it even. It’s not like leafs of a dinning room table." <<<<--- ANYONE DOING THIS SHOULD BE FIRED... There is no way it will be level on both sides of the seams. Let me be clear, we all use the "liquid dowel method" but, obviously some people do not know what they are doing. You have to be able to slide your Starrett 98 across the seams in both directions with no clicking before you use the liquid dowel method.

Trent from Toledo

So let me get this straight, when I glue a 3 piece slate together....I have to sand the seams to get them flush, is that what I'm understanding you're saying???

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
From a ROI perspective I’d look for a quote to have your GC updated.

Three piece slate they have to glue together and then sand it even. It’s not like leafs of a dinning room table.

No, this is what was said.

If you re-read this and then what I said you will understand.

Trent:thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
From a ROI perspective I’d look for a quote to have your GC updated.

Three piece slate they have to glue together and then sand it even. It’s not like leafs of a dinning room table.

The seams of the slate are matched flush on both sides before being superglue together, there is no sanding done to match the seams. The only sanding done is sanding off any excess bondo used to fill the seam, no different than any other 3 piece slate.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I do not see the stretcher on any GC6 pictures. Is smaller, modified or am I seeing pictures not showing it.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I do not see the stretcher on any GC6 pictures. Is smaller, modified or am I seeing pictures not showing it.

Yes the GC VI has a stretcher, below is a link to a thread that Trent posted of the manual for the GC VI. It looks to be bit smaller than previous stretchers of the earlier
models.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=497983

Got it thanks. I'm trying to love the table but can't. The lower/larger stretcher adds to the appearance and keeps the tradition. That and take away the castings and we have a real GC. I'm hard pressed to jump on one. First time I saw a GC 5 I was not sure what it was from a short distance. They talk about old meets new...such as the original Corvettes and the modern Vette. Brunswick makes the same analogy. Sorry..the 1-2-3-4 look the best. Something got lost in the appearance aspect of the 5/6. And it seems as if Brunswick is deliberately trying to price itself out. My GC4 is timeless beauty. 21 years old and my only complaint is not using it enough. It looks great each and every time it's looked at. Day 1 everyday.

Last edited: