Diamond Professional vs Pro-Am

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey Glen, I have a question for you. I'm looking to buy a pro-am in the next couple of weeks. It will currently be going on the first floor, but there is a potential that in the future I will be putting it in the basement (not walk out).

Do you think there's a disadvantage to getting the 3 piece slate? If there isn't a difference, what is the advantages to the one piece? Basically, can you compare/contrast the two?

Thank you.

There's advantages and disadvantages to both slates, 1 piece slate ProAms set up fast as hell, no seams to come apart, but are a nightmare to install up or down stairs. And even if on the ground floor and you want to move, finding someone to move the table is a pain in the ass. 3 piece slate won't hold you hostage if you want to move, can be installed anywhere ANY other pool table can be installed, but also takes a lot longer to set up. The 3 piece slate is 1 3/16" thick, the one piece is 1" so a little less rail sound effect with the 3 piece slate, BUT it does require someone that KNOWS what they're doing to set it up correctly. Once set up, there's no advantage between either slates.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
imagine...

...trying to haul this up or down some stairs.

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 890
  • IMG_1621.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 882

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then obviously you need to take a closer look, because the Diamond Professional and a Gold Crown are 2 completely different looking pool tables, unless you mean Diamomd copied the Gold Crown by building a pool table that used slate for the playing surface, and has 6 pockets. If Diamond copied the Gold Crown, then tell me, is there ANYTHING interchangeable between the two tables? Because that's what copied means!

Yeah, I don't see any similarities in these two tables at all..:wink:

Attachments

• DiamondProfessional.png
    DiamondProfessional.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 784
  • GoldCrown.png
    GoldCrown.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 783

realkingcobra

Silver Member
...trying to haul this up or down some stairs.

I can't tell by the pictures, did you get a 9ft, or 10ft? If it were a 10ft, i understand the need for 3 guys, but a 9ft, i do them mostly by myself, even up or down the stairs....HEHE

justtapitin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The engineer in me is dying to know how you move a 1200 lb 9' Pro-Am up and down stairs. Not doubting. Enough ingenuity or money could do it. Just want to know how you do it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The engineer in me is dying to know how you move a 1200 lb 9' Pro-Am up and down stairs. Not doubting. Enough ingenuity or money could do it. Just want to know how you do it.

All depends on the situation as they very from location to location...LOL

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This is the last downstairs install i did which involved lowering down the stairs 2 Diamond 7ft bar tables @ 950lbs each.

Attachments

• img20180215_213852.jpg
    img20180215_213852.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 754

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The stairs going down was behind the stairs going up, and in the middle of the building.

Attachments

• img20180215_214813.jpg
    img20180215_214813.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 698

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I parked my 24" box truck on the street, with the back end of the truck lined up with the ouside door entry way. Lined the dolly up with the stairs, connected to 25" ratchet straps together, running the strap through the steps of the stairs going up, connected that end to the dolly. Then ran the strap out the door and into my truck, all the way up to where i have a 3,500lb winch mounted to the floor. Then, with my wireless remote in hand, i pushed the dolly over the top step, line it up with the ramp, and payed out the winch and lowered the table down the stairs until it was off the ramp. Unhooked, the strap and repeated the process again, by myself...LOL

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I parked my 24" box truck on the street, with the back end of the truck lined up with the ouside door entry way. Lined the dolly up with the stairs, connected to 25" ratchet straps together, running the strap through the steps of the stairs going up, connected that end to the dolly. Then ran the strap out the door and into my truck, all the way up to where i have a 3,500lb winch mounted to the floor. Then, with my wireless remote in hand, i pushed the dolly over the top step, line it up with the ramp, and payed out the winch and lowered the table down the stairs until it was off the ramp. Unhooked, the strap and repeated the process again, by myself...LOL

How do you fit a 3500 lb. winch into a 24 inch truck? :smile:

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a winch mounted in my 24" Tonka truck to for playing outside with my grandkids, use it to pull their RC trucks out of the mud!!!:thumbup:

you know what?.......i believe you!

its always interesting to see how you do things

i would just line the stairwell with mattresses and let gravity do the work

realkingcobra

Silver Member
you know what?.......i believe you!

its always interesting to see how you do things

i would just line the stairwell with mattresses and let gravity do the work

That just ends up costing to many problems, because then the buyer says to get that broken piece of shit out of here....then, you have to drag it back UP the stairs!!!