Snooker ball rack

paaca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have any experience using the kind of rack you see referees use when racking for the world's best players (O'Sullivan et al)? We frequently get inconsistent racking in the league I play in. Does the pink ball go in the rack with the red balls, or is there a pointer at the top of the triangle which points at the pink spot and allows perfect alignment all the time? If they are the greatest thing since sliced bread I want one and I would appreciate some advice about where to buy. Thanks in advance. Paul

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Does anyone have any experience using the kind of rack you see referees use when racking for the world's best players (O'Sullivan et al)? We frequently get inconsistent racking in the league I play in. Does the pink ball go in the rack with the red balls, or is there a pointer at the top of the triangle which points at the pink spot and allows perfect alignment all the time? If they are the greatest thing since sliced bread I want one and I would appreciate some advice about where to buy. Thanks in advance. Paul

Here's some links
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...d=0CAUQtaYDahcKEwjI-aKRoYnoAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQBw

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...hUKEwi5isHqp4noAhWRfqwKHVbIAYcQr4kDegUIARDPAQ

notice that the pink ball doesn't freeze to the top red ball...not allowed in snooker

paaca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate the response. The links you provided were interesting but unfortunately don't tell me where to go to buy one or what the price is. Do you have such information?

Cheers,

Paul

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A standard rack works fine once you see how far back from the pink to place it.

The working rule is that the pink goes on it's spot and the fifteen reds must be racked close enough to the pink that it cannot be potted past the apex red. To aid you in racking, you could put two light marks along the back of the rack for positioning if you can't judge from the pink spot.

paaca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 'pro' triangle is VERY pricey (97.20 pounds is about $175 Canadian) and not worth it. I'm going to forget about it. Thanks for your help.