Us open 10 ball

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Kaci's a very fine player but he's not in Dennis Orcullo's league at this point. Dennis would win any long match between them.

Kaci's a serious talent with a good attitude, and maybe he'll reach the highest heights of our game as a player. It's too early to say. From my vantage point, though, while he is a very straight shooter with a great stroke, his game is not yet well-rounded.
Triple Tap and done.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
And 8 ball.

I got to watch the last two matches of the ten ball. I did try to recall the missed shots and missed shape by Shane in the finals and agree with AtLarge.
I watched some of the eight ball this evening and was privileged to watch Tyler Styer beat Jeffrey DeLuna 8-2. His play in that match looked so much like Shane in the finals. While I was taking in several matches, I was seated nearest his table. His break looked exactly like Shane. If he did make any errors I don't remember. I do remember some shooting that was stronger than cat shit. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain that level of play tommorow. I see his Fargo rate is 728.:eek: DeLuna is 796.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to watch the last two matches of the ten ball. I did try to recall the missed shots and missed shape by Shane in the finals and agree with AtLarge.
I watched some of the eight ball this evening and was privileged to watch Tyler Styer beat Jeffrey DeLuna 8-2. His play in that match looked so much like Shane in the finals. While I was taking in several matches, I was seated nearest his table. His break looked exactly like Shane. If he did make any errors I don't remember. I do remember some shooting that was stronger than cat shit. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain that level of play tommorow. I see his Fargo rate is 728.:eek: DeLuna is 796.

Very impressive, he had less than a 20% chance to win it, and he got into dead punch and outran it!

I would love to have gotten to see it. :thumbup:

43515266642_cba500aef2_z.jpg

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Please come and say hello, Greg!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Only 39 in the Eight Ball - Sad!

I still contend that if the entry was cut in half to $250 and you kept the 10K added there would be a lot more of the West Coast players who would show up. That way you could fill a 64 man board.

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only 39 in the Eight Ball - Sad!

I still contend that if the entry was cut in half to $250 and you kept the 10K added there would be a lot more of the West Coast players who would show up. That way you could fill a 64 man board.

It is disappointing. My friends and I are about to arrive. Came basically just to watch the tournament. Good thing there are still some great players signed up. Just should be a lot more- like Shaw, Appleton, Mika, Morris, Dechaine, Bergman, etc.

You should share your thoughts with the csi guys. You have a great reputation in pool- they would take what you say seriously

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I will be heading over there shortly. After the Open and walking the dogs.
I really enjoy watching the pros play eight ball.

Me too. Sadly, not a lot of it on youtube. I find their pattern selections interesting, I learn a lot watching the big boys.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Since I’m still occupied running these events, I can’t take the time to properly address some of the comments and suggestion in this thread.

But I will. When I have the time (and not from my phone), but Ive got to say that some of these comments fail to take into account that we make schedules months and months in advance. Once we announce. It is very difficult to change directions. Please keep that in mind

Mark Griffin

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If you have the opportunity to watch this event, do it.
Enough said.

I dunno if the content is real or not....fake news?....
....I saw Alex get murdered in a race to 11 yesterday....by a kid
...:scratchhead:...that couldn’t happen in real life...could it?

Other than that, I enjoyed the stream and the commentating...:)

Thanx for everything, Mr Griffin

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A-side line up for tomorrow....

Van Boening vs Kaçi
Kiamco vs Pagulayan
Aranas vs O Dominguez
Holman vs Orcullo

The thing about the stream is no matter how big or small the field is...you get
world class matches.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
A-side line up for tomorrow....

Van Boening vs Kaçi
Kiamco vs Pagulayan
Aranas vs O Dominguez
Holman vs Orcullo

The thing about the stream is no matter how big or small the field is...you get
world class matches.

Shane is playing Kaci now.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish more replies were like John Henderson's, politely disagree and explain his position without offense and name calling. All were, are, or will be champions. We, the pool playing public, are beneficiaries of great pool!