Classy Pete

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not so sneaky, but I like the natural color palette. Cueball joint protector and bumper (not shown). This thing hits really solid, nice firm ping in the feedback. Brass 3/8x10 pin.
a1672ac391b9ce9678220ede74f90eb0.jpg
2ccebe01dc74022ccdbd5a7d86af4829.jpg

Last edited:

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks nice. I love a good sneaky!
Thanks man, this one was fun to make. Had this blank sitting around for years. I wish I tapered the handle a little thinner, but all things considered it turned out well.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made a leather bumper for this cue in addition to the cueball bumper that I original had on it. Both screw in via 3/8x10, so an extension can be added any time on the future.

Anyone dig it?
64b22dcaf5053a9483cbee42515467fc.jpg

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I made a leather bumper for this cue in addition to the cueball bumper that I original had on it. Both screw in via 3/8x10, so an extension can be added any time on the future.

Anyone dig it?
64b22dcaf5053a9483cbee42515467fc.jpg

Very sharp cue. Consider it dug.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
galipeau

Not so sneaky, but I like the natural color palette. Cueball joint protector and bumper (not shown). This thing hits really solid, nice firm ping in the feedback.

Is the butt that makes the solid hit, or more the shaft?

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
galipeau

Is the butt that makes the solid hit, or more the shaft?

It's definitely both. I can't credit myself fully, as the main shaft I use on this is a tascarella curly maple beauty, and that would probably play great bolted to a broom stick.

However, fullsplice purple heart into straight grain maple is solid construction and provide a nice pitch. My choice of bumper material only accentuates the natural vibration frequency this thing creates. I'm no expert, so i did not know for certain what it would play like as I was making it. I wish I had made the handle a slight bit thinner, but that's personal preference.

Last edited: