incredible play that got lost in a super event by the spanish player
superb control over 3rd ball position, speed, angles, just incredible

http://www.kozoom.com/en/billiard-carom/video/13968.html

only viewable with kozoom membership, premeium

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Thanks Dean that's some real nice 1 cushion there by Mr Garcia, whom I've seen before just don't remember the name, but I remember that purple linen

whats not to love about the game when it's played that well!

Yes it's hard , but it's also extremely beautiful to me, I don't even practice 3c now I'm all about the small games,

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
It is good to practice 3C. The 3C knowledge helps when you have a very open position in small games.

Personally when I started playing free game and three cushion I had a lot of people tell me to quit one of the disciplines because my development was to slow for both games. I did not mind my slow development because I just play to have fun and relax. If I study and practice to much small games stuff and get burned out I can always practice/play some 3 cushion or vice versa. I am at a point where both disciplines help each other out. I don't regret playing both modalities.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I used to look at it like that, and if I had the help or even a. Practice Buddy I'd play more 3c,

I play everything by feel anyways so it's no biggie for me , if I go back to playing 3c after a month of not playing I play pretty much the same as I did leaving off, I'm not on a quest to be great , I like you play because it's fun And I find the small games very charming,
One cushion has taken most of my practice time now

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I haven't gotten that far I stopped when Garcia misses first, I'll come back to watch it all

But the shot at 440 by Garcia I have no chance at making it like he did, I thought for sure he'd bank it

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
11:00 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDczEtJ7lK0

Definitely a shot I'd be missing if I didn't play regular three cushion but hey, I miss ALL the small game shots 'cause I never practice them so there you go.

It is possible to be the worst of both worlds - I can prove it.

I don't know if there are shots you practice for small games other than gathers,
That position, you just need to make it and even he missed it 3 cushions

I would have gone off left of the red, quarter ball, horizontal axis English only about 1.5 tips over I could make it like that, soft too to stay close to third ball, BUT THEN it would have been a foul as its 1 cushion lol, id have to see an over head view of the position

Last edited: