Book Finally Coming?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the problem with some of what Stan says about CTE. He uses words that are difficult to comprehend because they lack reason and logic. CTE involves visuals between the cb and ob, which supposedly connects the ob to a pocket every time. Introducing a 3rd ball, like with a combination shot, interferes with the ob's path to its connected pocket. This means you have to tweak or adjust your CTE perception, or simply use a different aiming method, to pocket combos. It's that simple, and it shouldn't be something Stan has to spin in order to preserve the integrity of CTE. Be honest, be real, and more people will listen.

The problem is the spin and misinterpretations non users put on Stan's words. I can guarantee you the players that have actually learned CTE and use it effectively do not share your concerns.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I was referencing a rolling cb hit, and there would be no roll from that close, so stun is unavoidable.
I think if you hit the CB high enough for "instant natural roll" it will be the same as a rolling CB hit - any follow (or draw or side spin, especially gearing) put on the CB would presumably reduce throw, even if they're frozen.

Not trying to make a point, just rambling...

pj
chgo

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the problem with some of what Stan says about CTE. He uses words that are difficult to comprehend because they lack reason and logic. CTE involves visuals between the cb and ob, which supposedly connects the ob to a pocket every time. Introducing a 3rd ball, like with a combination shot, interferes with the ob's path to its connected pocket. This means you have to tweak or adjust your CTE perception, or simply use a different aiming method, to pocket combos. It's that simple, and it shouldn't be something Stan has to spin in order to preserve the integrity of CTE. Be honest, be real, and more people will listen.

Pathetic post!

Connie Shuffett

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
The problem is the spin and misinterpretations non users put on Stan's words. I can guarantee you the players that have actually learned CTE and use it effectively do not share your concerns.

Try this....

Set two object balls out on the pool table, at least 8 inches to a foot or so apart, and at least a couple of feet from a pocket, close to straight in but not quite. Now, with no regard for the ball nearest the pocket, shoot the ball closest to you straight to the center of the pocket (no cb, just shoot the ob toward center pocket). It will hit the second ball every time, of course. But the 2nd ball will only go into the pocket if you lined them straight in, else the 2nd ball will not find the pocket, and no amount of pocket "slop" is going to help. That is how well CTE really works on combos, at least in the real world.

There is no spin here. It's called reality. You play well enough to know what I'm saying is true. So does Stan. "Rarely" is the correct word for how often you'll get that 2nd ball to hit the pocket if you follow the instructions above. I find it unbelievable that you, or better yet Stan, the professional instructor, actually expect others to believe that many combo shots can be pocketed simply by shooting the 1st ball in the combo to center pocket.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Pathetic post!

Connie Shuffett

You all really do need to hire a non-cte-indoctrinated PR person, someone who can reply to questions without resorting to defensive tactics or spin. The combination issue should be no issue at all, because it doesn't take anything away from the system to be real about its limitations. But it sure does hurt it when certain things are said that most people recognize as pure spin or hype.

Anyone can do the combo experiment I posted above and discover what I'm talking about. The results just can't be ignored or discarded, because most people aren't that ignorant or gullible. Sure, if the near straight in combo is only a few inches or within a foot of the pocket, that 2nd ball might find the hole quite often because the margin of error is so great. But from 2ft or more away from the pocket, it'll be a rare occurrence to pocket the 2nd ball by aiming the 1st one to center pocket. And since CTE is supposedly a "center pocket" system, it should produce the same rare occurrences, unless, as Stan suggested, the perception is tweaked accordingly.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
if you use the contact point on the 2nd ball and use that as the "pocket"
then cte could hit that point using the visuals to hit that spot
i dont understand cte and am waiting for the truth series and book
so
I COULD BE WRONG

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
so
I COULD BE WRONG

Sorry Larry, but that is not correct. The system is supposed to automatically connect the ob to one of 8 90° angles on the table. You don't pick the pocket location. What the player would have to do is estimate where the ob needs to go, then adjust the perception to make the ball go in that direction instead of straight to the pocket.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try this....

Set two object balls out on the pool table, at least 8 inches to a foot or so apart, and at least a couple of feet from a pocket, close to straight in but not quite. Now, with no regard for the ball nearest the pocket, shoot the ball closest to you straight to the center of the pocket (no cb, just shoot the ob toward center pocket). It will hit the second ball every time, of course. But the 2nd ball will only go into the pocket if you lined them straight in, else the 2nd ball will not find the pocket, and no amount of pocket "slop" is going to help. That is how well CTE really works on combos, at least in the real world.

There is no spin here. It's called reality. You play well enough to know what I'm saying is true. So does Stan. "Rarely" is the correct word for how often you'll get that 2nd ball to hit the pocket if you follow the instructions above. I find it unbelievable that you, or better yet Stan, the professional instructor, actually expect others to believe that many combo shots can be pocketed simply by shooting the 1st ball in the combo to center pocket.

Stan’s post on combinations is straight forward and easily understood by anyone that knows anything about his work. If you want to go all in right now, just name your LARGE bet and Stan will walk you and others through what he said in his posts about combinations word by word, sentence by sentence at my facility.

The CTE process—one’s offset vision can be used for every combination shot. Some go with out an adjustment. Many need adjustments. CTE is not exact for combinations! In short, this is precisely what Stan stated about combinations.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Stan’s post on combinations is straight forward and easily understood by anyone that knows anything about his work. If you want to go all in right now, just name your LARGE bet and Stan will walk you and others through what he said in his posts about combinations word by word, sentence by sentence at my [Stan's] facility.

Connie Shuffett

More bullying talk -- nice PR move. Not.

I don't need walked through it. His words are very telling, as is the combo experiment I posted. Anyone can do it and they'll see only dead straight in combos will hit the pocket if you shoot the first ball to center pocket. And since that is what non-tweaked CTE supposedly does (send the ob to center pocket), then the results would be the same as my experiment, if the CTE player shoots the shot perfectly in accordance with the "center pocket" system. My only problem with his statement is the part where he says many combos go with no cte adjustments, just as many go with cte adjustments. The truth is some go without adjustments and most don't. But that's real, and real just isn't good enough so a little embellishment was needed.

Like I said, it's a system for cuts, straight ins, and banks. A nice honest statement like, "CTE is not intended for combination shots, though experienced players can learn how to manipulate the perception in order to use the system for combos" would've been perfect.

How hard would that have been?

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
so
I COULD BE WRONG

connie
could you or stan explain how right or wrong i am
since it was mentioned a certain perception would get a hit
if the perception was oriented to get object ball 1 to where object ball 2 needed to be hit
you would make the ball.:)
this of course is picking the "wrong visual" to make object ball 1 in the pocket

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
connie
could you or stan explain how right or wrong i am
since it was mentioned a certain perception would get a hit
if the perception was oriented to get object ball 1 to where object ball 2 needed to be hit
you would make the ball.:)
this of course is picking the "wrong visual" to make object ball 1 in the pocket

Stan could not have stated it better himself. You’re 100% correct.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More bullying talk -- nice PR move. Not.

I don't need walked through it. His words are very telling, as is the combo experiment I posted. Anyone can do it and they'll see only dead straight in combos will hit the pocket if you shoot the first ball to center pocket. And since that is what non-tweaked CTE supposedly does (send the ob to center pocket), then the results would be the same as my experiment, if the CTE player shoots the shot perfectly in accordance with the "center pocket" system. My only problem with his statement is the part where he says many combos go with no cte adjustments, just as many go with cte adjustments. The truth is some go without adjustments and most don't. But that's real, and real just isn't good enough so a little embellishment was needed.

Like I said, it's a system for cuts, straight ins, and banks. A nice honest statement like, "CTE is not intended for combination shots, though experienced players can learn how to manipulate the perception in order to use the system for combos" would've been perfect.

How hard would that have been?

CTE is for combinations. Some work out. Some need visual adjustment. When Stan says CTE is for combinations he is including the entire visual process. Just because a combination appears doesn’t mean that the player has to switch back to conventional alignments, although that is an option. It is rare for Stan to ever stray from his unconventional visual alignments. A seasoned CTE player knows how to adjust as needed.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

Took longer than usual...

pj
chgo

The window is wide open for you too, if you disagree with Stan’s comments concerning combinations.

Gosh, I’m betting you’d be betting on Stan’s end. YOU know what Stan said is true.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
YOU know what Stan said is true.
I think he believes what he says - but that's not the same as agreeing with what he says, or with this childish "communication" style. Silly "challenges" like this make him look weak and foolish and only highlight the fact that he and his ideas can't stand up to simple questioning.

I'm sure CTE has lost more interest than it's gained here.

pj
chgo

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he believes what he says - but that's not the same as agreeing with what he says, or with this childish "communication" style. Silly "challenges" like this make him look weak and foolish and only highlight the fact that he and his ideas can't stand up to simple questioning.

I'm sure CTE has lost more interest than it's gained here.

pj
chgo

You WOULD agree with what Stan said specifically about combinations and CTE unless you wanted to part ways with your money.

What’s par for the course are your continual insults for discrediting Stan and his work for the past 15 years. What have you done in the realm of CTE for the past 22 years? Nothing but run CTE down and anyone associated with it. You have offered NOTHING!

I think it’s quite revealing that on this day Stan has answered some CTE questions in detail and provided some new CTE information. What did Stan get in return? Continued attacks. Not one single ounce of appreciation. You want to paint Stan as a bad guy.,

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Stan, why do you think so many people have had problems with cte? You are a billiard instructor and that being said you should understand why people are coming at you with so many question.

Here's where some problems occurred ....the curtain ..center pocket system...the same perception and line up pocketing different angle shots as in one of your videos, and there's more but who cares. These things are gonna be questioned right???

You have 2 dvds ...tons of videos and now a book coming out I guess which I understand that with the truth series which I dont get. Many people are wanting more from you on cte .. why?? Your system was taught on the first dvd.

Do you know how or why pro1 comes up with center pocket ?

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, why do you think so many people have had problems with cte? You are a billiard instructor and that being said you should understand why people are coming at you with so many question.

Here's where some problems occurred ....the curtain ..center pocket system...the same perception and line up pocketing different angle shots as in one of your videos, and there's more but who cares. These things are gonna be questioned right???

You have 2 dvds ...tons of videos and now a book coming out I guess which I understand that with the truth series which I dont get. Many people are wanting more from you on cte .. why?? Your system was taught on the first dvd.

Do you know how or why pro1 comes up with center pocket ?

DVD 1 represented the first time ever that real CTE was revealed, not perfectly, but historically significant. There were some mistakes in Stan’s early work but nonetheless real CTE was launched. Stan continued his work for rediscovering/discovering all of the visual steps...to be released in his Truth Series and book.

Center pocket is determined by using a line of two centers that cross the center shelf at the opening of the pocket. Center pocket varies for each cue ball/object ball relation.

Each cueball/object ball relation yields a slight over cut to the ghost ball core in relation to the determined center pocket line.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'll offer a decent size wager that Mr. Patrick Johnson will never make a video of himself at the table illustrating anything CTE related while explaining it as it should be. Actually, it doesn't matter if he explained it incorrectly as he always does so the entire world could see. Just make a video since it hasn't been done in 22 years. Nobody except for a few even know what PJ looks like. I do because I've seen a picture. Sure doesn't look like a pool player. Kind of old to boot.

Should be an easy way to make some money. Just show up and do it. Does anyone actually think he would and lay some odds on it? I think everyone knows his real expertise is in the creation of the colorful 2D drawings and wordsmithing. Might be hard to step out of the comfort zone for the first time ever and do a video. Probably deathly frightening.

I can't wait for the cutesy one liner come back. Fact is I'd feel lost and disappointed without it.

Last edited: