Who's your favorite player to watch?

Bob Callahan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly, some players are kind of boring. Sort of robotic.

My vote goes to Keith McCready. He's animated. He talks to the audience. You can tell by the way he moves around the table that he loves pool and is excited to be playing--can't wait to get to the next shot...that after all these years, he still has fun playing.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan and Efren Reyes

Honestly, some players are kind of boring. Sort of robotic.

My vote goes to Keith McCready. He's animated. He talks to the audience. You can tell by the way he moves around the table that he loves pool and is excited to be playing--can't wait to get to the next shot...that after all these years, he still has fun playing.

For me, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Efren Reyes. (Even though I spelled out the names, if I just mentioned each player's first name, most would know them right off the bat.)

These two, for me, epitomize natural talent (but natural talent that was discovered and sharpened with practice!), creativity, avant-gardsmanship, natural tempo, and just plain "throw the gauntlet down and go for it"-ship out of any player. In a phrase, "a pleasure to watch."

-Sean

thuglife520

thuglife520
Silver Member
Not in any order
- Ronnie Alcano= smooth
- Shane Van Boening = confident
-Scott Frost = cold blooded hustler

Matt Stockman

give me the 7 & a whiskey
Silver Member
I'd have to agree that Keith in dead punch might be as exciting as they come, and not only because of his rythmic cadence around the table, but also the fearless manner in which he would play his patterns. Jay said in his book that Keith was the best for the money because he would rip through even the toughest patterns at warp speed with the cueball on a string. Heck, I recall Fatboy saying in another post that Keith - on the older slow cloth barbox - used to get to the spot on the table for the next shot before the cueball did... knowing exactly where to expect it!! Tell me that wouldnt be intimidating if he was in the process of throwing a package at ya...haha

I would have to say the old school to really old school players get my vote. With Keith at the head of the line, and Cowboy Jimmy Moore a close second. I wish i could find more footage of cowboy...love that slip stroke

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
#1. All time favorite - Earl Strickland

#2. Also a favorite - Francisco Bustamante

#3. Current Favorite - SVB

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
hi there,

difficult question-there are many players i love to see playing, but here some :)

8-Ball without a question Ralf Souquet
14-1: Still i love to see Oliver Ortmann playing-the machine still has it..
9 and 10 Ball: Efren and Deuel (both games)

lg from overseas,

Ingo

J.S.

Registered
Difficult question

This one's a bit tricky. To me it actually doesn't matter who the player is, it's more a question of how is he playing at the moment. When someone hits the high gear, it's a pleasure to watch.

That being said, my favourite players to watch are:

Snooker: Mark Williams and Ronnie O'Sullivan
Pool: Efren and Earl

J.S.

markatwork

One foot on the floor
Silver Member
i agree with Keith McCready for the way he entertains while playing great pool...Earl Strickland i have to say also for the same reasons...and when i was younger i loved to watch Irving Crane,sharply dressed and a master of the shots

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fun to watch: Sigel, Strickland, Tadd, Varner, McCready, Louie Roberts, Jimmy Mataya, Gomez, Frost, Davenport, SVB, CJ Wiley, Morro, Bustamante, Eberle and Hall.

Robotronic: Feijen, Souguet, Hohmann, Immonen, Peach, Van Den Berg

Last edited:

dedstroke38

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bar none Ronnie O'Sullivan for me. Never even touched a snooker table but what an ispiration and what pure talent. And for pool SVB!!!

marcone

old style cues
Silver Member
tony drago and Strickland for fun!

ralf souquet and all English players robotronic!