Cuetec CF shaft

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally had a chance to hit the Cuetec CF shaft last night. The tip on the shaft was a Kamui black medium. I was shocked the shaft made a tick sound when hit. From my experience this sound is usually due to a poor tip glue up. Any current Cuetec CF users experienced this sound? If so, how were you able to ameliorate this? Thanks.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’ve used a 314 with a black medium for a while and just switched to the cutec but I went with their standard tip for it, a sniper. It sounds like a wood shaft to me and took no conscious adjustment. It may be an issue with that tip or just the combination of that tip and shaft possibly.

I’ve had good and bad black mediums. One just seemed off and hard and I miscued an abnormal amount.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Do you guys, any of you guys, think there is really a difference in any of the carbon
fiber shafts? or do you all suspect they are all about the same?

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the complete Cuetec cynergy cue with the sniper soft tip. Plays and feels very good to me. I really like it...
Only thing I’d change is the butt is a little big, meaning it’s diameter toward the back end is a little wide for my comfort.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Do you guys, any of you guys, think there is really a difference in any of the carbon

I’ve only played with the cynergy and Revo and they feel different to me, but then again the Revo I shot with was a 12.9 with a kamui black soft and my cynergy is 12.5 I believe with a sniper. Who knows. Although I’ve seen x-rays of the different shafts in some thread on here and they are certainly different inside. Dr Dave also did a deflection test where the cynergy had a little more push than the Revo.

Dimeball do you get black marks on your hand? I’ve rubbed the thang down with alcohol a few times and gotten black off but after playing a while I start noticing it build up again on my hand and chin :cool:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have had a revo 12.9 for about 2 months or so now. Now this is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth from a banger. The revo hits like a steel rod compared to a regular maple shaft.. I hit about a dozen balls with a meucci carbon pro a couple weeks ago. It hits softer than the revo and deflection seems about the same as the revo. Btw I ordered a meucci carbon shaft a few weeks ago and was told today its gonna be last of April before I get it.

The reason for the long wait from what I was told was that the day before I ordered my shaft he got in a 700 shaft order. Once he gets that out of the way he will process my order along with the rest that have come in since the which btw I ordered matching ringwork for a gambler cue I have had about 4 years and play with from time to time....just to keep the rust knocked off. :grin-square:

Last edited:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they do play different. I shot with a Revo for a few months. I also had a BK rush. Didn't care for any of them. However, I recently switched to the Cynergy. I played with it for a few weeks and hated that sniper tip. I don't see how anyone could use it. But I switched it to a Kamikaze and it plays awesome.

To answer the OP's question. My shaft never makes a tink noise. However if you miscue with the sniper tip on or if you are at the limit of miscuing. It makes a horrible sound.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

They do play different. I absolutely hated the Cynergy, changed the tip and still hated it, sold. I keep going back to the 12.4 Revo, just feels perfect. I do have a becue prime m 12mm and it plays good but not as well as the Revo. Has more deflection and on certain shots you can feel the shaft vibrate. Just got a 30" 12.25mm Meucci but honestly haven't had enough table time with it yet. Only played 5(6 if you include the rack that my partner won snapping the 8 on break) racks with it in a scotch doubles match, but I didn't miss.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
The few posts in this thread show just how wildly individual cue/shaft/tip choice is. It’s whatever makes you feel confident at the table.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The few posts in this thread show just how wildly individual cue/shaft/tip choice is. It’s whatever makes you feel confident at the table.

I totally agree with you. Everyone's stroke, feel and aiming is different. You have to go with what works for you.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for posting responses. Since the tip was changed to a Kamui medium, I’m willing to bet the installer didn’t prep tip properly and it now has a spot or two with no glue between the tip and ferrule. I’ve seen this a least a dozen times when removing an old tip.

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone here played with the B Cue or the Jacoby?

I have the Jacoby Black and am still adjusting to the diameter a bit. 12.3mm

I went from Revo to Cynergy to Black.
The Black has the best hit and feel for my tastes. Still keeping my Cynergy but the Black is #1 in rotation at the moment.
Came with a Kamui Soft, which I like.
The shaft is very responsive and has great energy transfer. I recommend it to anyone looking to stabilize their performance and consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I only know one guy who uses a Revo. Kamui medium I believe. Good player. Every time he hits the cue ball, it sounds like a diamond cutter cutting into a diamond.

Not a judgement, just what I hear.

All the best,
WW

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’ve only played my revo and the mezz.. The only difference I could tell was taper and it didn’t make that sound a revo does when you hit the ball. Other then that I could have changed over to the mezz really easily. The hit was the same to me..

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
I had a 12.4 Revo, wasn't bad but didn't feel like it was for me. Picked up a BeCue Prime 12.5 and like it a lot, did swap the tip. I've hit some balls with the Jacoby and Cuetec, Cuetec had a bit more flex than I like with the longer taper. The Jacoby felt good. I still like playing with my maple shafts though.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally had a chance to hit the Cuetec CF shaft last night. The tip on the shaft was a Kamui black medium. I was shocked the shaft made a tick sound when hit. From my experience this sound is usually due to a poor tip glue up. Any current Cuetec CF users experienced this sound? If so, how were you able to ameliorate this? Thanks.

The 15k cuetec shaft is way different from a revo but very similar to a becue if the becue has a similar diameter and tip type. Revo is also very, very similar to mezz.

Revos hit much, much harder in general and are a lot lower in deflection than cuetec but only a "little" lower than becue when same tip and "on par" with mezz.

It had to be the tip, installer method etc...etc.. because the cuetec, like the becue, hits very soft compared to a revo with same tip..... and will almost never have a ping sound unless it's due to the tip.

I've played every CF production shaft on the market to date "other than" the pechauer. I'm really looking forward to using the pechauer.

Change your tip and ping should go away. If it doesn't, send the shaft back.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Alright, so I had the Revo 12.9 played with it for a couple of months. I didn't care for it
to much, but I think it might have been the size, so I traded it away. It's been about a year
or so. Last night I received my B Cue 12.0, loved it, the size is right, the hit is good.
If I make the transition from an LD wood to this full time it will take a while, but I really like
the B Cue, it just looks odd, but it's a great shaft