Cuetec CF shaft

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alright, so I had the Revo 12.9 played with it for a couple of months. I didn't care for it
to much, but I think it might have been the size, so I traded it away. It's been about a year
or so. Last night I received my B Cue 12.0, loved it, the size is right, the hit is good.
If I make the transition from an LD wood to this full time it will take a while, but I really like
the B Cue, it just looks odd, but it's a great shaft

My first experience with the revo was like what you described, to the letter.

Then, my loving wife bought me a 12.4 revo and it was much better....other than the, as you said "odd" look.

Well, after a short time I adjusted but still missed the "visual" a a white ferrule gave me. So, I gave Ricky a call and tried the becue.

The Becue, to me, well... it was extremely close to the revo 12.4. It had a "little" more deflection but, not enough to make a difference.

On the other hand, the becue "felt" and "sounded" more like a solid wood shaft. Much, much more so than the revo did. It also was better visually.

Alas, I had to stay with the revo 12.4 since my wife bought it as an anniversary gift.

No, I don't like the dog house so, I'm still playing the revo 12.4.

To me, the cuetec/muecci (spelling) are lesser cues than the becue, revo and mezz in CF.

I've not tried the pechauer yet but I have a feeling that it will contend with revo and becue unlike the other brands.

And yes, like a friend of mine says...lol...:

But, but Shane is one of the world's best with the cuetec CF.

Shane is one of the best with "any" shaft. Most all knows that but, that's marketing and nobody beats Predator at marketing strategy.

Rake

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Alright, so I had the Revo 12.9 played with it for a couple of months. I didn't care for it
to much, but I think it might have been the size, so I traded it away. It's been about a year
or so. Last night I received my B Cue 12.0, loved it, the size is right, the hit is good.
If I make the transition from an LD wood to this full time it will take a while, but I really like
the B Cue, it just looks odd, but it's a great shaft

I got to try the 12.9 Revo 1st and didn't like it either because of the size. Wrote off the CF right then. Decided to give the 12.4 a try about a year later and absolutely fell in love with it. A little over 2 years now and don't see myself going back to wood. I also have the becue 12.0 and Meucci 12.25 30". Had the Cynergy and sold it. I keep going back to the Revo the most because I got used to completely no ferrule.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i wonder if predator will add a ferrule? adding that option would kill some competition

i played with revo 12.4 - kamui ss last weekend, two 10-ball b'n'r right off the bat..great feel in powerful strokes. wanna buy. then tried some one pocket with it - terrible feel and response on touchy shots. it was like night and day. both my playing partner and me were equally puzzled. i don't know what to make of it, maybe buy one for 10-ball/9-ball. but i'm a one shaft kinda guy, for consistency..

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet in another year Predator will offer a new Revo 2.0 shaft to get more buyers.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet in another year Predator will offer a new Revo 2.0 shaft to get more buyers.

If they offer one that resembles a wood shaft but, performs like the revo 12.4....well, I'm in.

Until then, I'm a revo 1.0 guy..... unless pechauer mans up. We'll see soon enough.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i wonder if predator will add a ferrule? adding that option would kill some competition

i played with revo 12.4 - kamui ss last weekend, two 10-ball b'n'r right off the bat..great feel in powerful strokes. wanna buy. then tried some one pocket with it - terrible feel and response on touchy shots. it was like night and day. both my playing partner and me were equally puzzled. i don't know what to make of it, maybe buy one for 10-ball/9-ball. but i'm a one shaft kinda guy, for consistency..

It can be done, that's for sure. I believe they will be forced to eventually or lose business in the end.

Not to mention, offer different diameters!

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
It can be done, that's for sure. I believe they will be forced to eventually or lose business in the end.

Not to mention, offer different diameters!

I think they still have the 11.8mm in the works. One of these threads I read recently someone got to play a little with the 11.8 Revo. They will make the pad white now if you request. I don't want the ferrule anymore, got so used to not having it now.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they still have the 11.8mm in the works. One of these threads I read recently someone got to play a little with the 11.8 Revo. They will make the pad white now if you request. I don't want the ferrule anymore, got so used to not having it now.

If I had to choose between smaller diameter or white ferrule, I would choose smaller diameter (11.8mm)..... no doubt in my mind.

However, if I could get 11.8 mm and an actual ferrule of 1/4" to 3/8" and the ferrule NOT change the performance, well, I highly doubt I would ever buy anything other than revo....regardless of price.

I'm willing to give more, "if" it's what I "want" instead of this "cookie cutter" cue crap.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
hmmm

Adding a ferrule will change the deflection. Its carbon fiber, you can paint it post production.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Has anybody tried a piece of white tape or paint to simulate a ferrule on the Revo. Seems like a possible simple solution, an idea anyway.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I tried a piece of white plastic tape that was about 3/8" wide. It worked great. I got that contrast I wanted and because it was plastic it didn't pick-up any of the chalk dust. Because it was tape it didn't change the deflection at all as far as I could tell and it certainly didn't hurt the cue. Well worth the try.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
paint

Has anybody tried a piece of white tape or paint to simulate a ferrule on the Revo. Seems like a possible simple solution, an idea anyway.

Hill Billy used to do that when he played with OB. You could probably used nailed polish lol.