Thread: Aiming systems
View Single Post
Old
  (#168)
av84fun
Banned
av84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond reputeav84fun has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-03-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson
Do you think we use only one visual cue?

Is it really 15-20 exclamation points worth of excitement to disagree with something I say? If I've become that important to you, I'm glad to help.

pj
chgo
You referred to ONE as being the issue and clearly the wrong one at that...ranked by importance.

Here's the deal...You FOCUS on what you want to HIT! Do you want to HIT a rail on a back cut? (except one where the OB is VERY close to the rail so that you can get away with hitting it...I've got to be very careful with you.)

Let me ummm..."see" if I can help you since we are becoming such pals.

Awareness of the rail in a back cut is a result of peripherial vision...the main purposes of which are to detect motion and to aid in depth perception...although binocular vision is the big factor there.

The detection of motion is more of a negative than a positive in shooting pool. You get sharked with peripheral vision not foveal vision (the center of gaze).

Granted, I am not aware of too many one-eyed world champions but that is probably a function of the small population of those so afflicted. (But Peter Faulk was known to shoot a decent game).

In any event, depth perception doesn't mean too much since all you need to do is to be able to see where you are supposed to hit the OB regardless of its apparent distance from your eyes.

But hey...you keep worrying about the rails on back cuts while the opponents who defeat you worry about where the POCKET is!

And finally, even though you ARE important to me as both an occasional source of useful information and at least an equal amount of humor, I have decided to restrict my use of exclamation points in this post to one....no two. You are THAT important to me!

(-:

PS: Patrick, I am mostly just trying to have some fun here. I hold you no personal animosity. You do seem a little too grumpy and times and tend to be dogmatic but hey, we all have our moments. As the thread shows, I was willing to stop the jousting with you but you kept up the digs...and that's OK. Comic relief is important.
(-: