Thread: Aiming systems
View Single Post
Old
  (#171)
CaptainJR
Shiver me timbers.
CaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

12-03-2007, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson
I think the difficulty of back cuts (it's nearly universal) is related to the fact that you're looking away from the rail that usually provides you with a strong visual cue where the pocket is.

pj
chgo

Your are correct on this Patrick. As a matter of fact on non-back cuts where the object ball is say within three inches of the rail and more than two diamonds up the rail. In other words a rail shot. This visual queue you are talking about is all I use. No need for anything else. It makes it very plain where I need to hit the object ball with the cue ball.

CaptJR
Avast Ya Scurvy Scum. Swab the deck! Walk the plank. Dead men tell no tales. Where's me Rum!