9 Balll Playing Ghost Score Sheet

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't consider this to be playing the ghost. It's a good drill though.

Also, you forgot to paste your formulas to the rest of the rows.

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I don't consider this to be playing the ghost. It's a good drill though.

Also, you forgot to paste your formulas to the rest of the rows.

I have fixed the formula thing and uploaded new one. What do you consider as playing the ghost?

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Interesting drill

To me playing the ghost, I just pick the set I want to play. Usually race to five, if I miss the ghost wins the game. I've noticed that the ghost never misses a shot.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
For the beginner, playing the 6 ball ghost is a very good way to practice and you can start learning to think three balls ahead landing on the correct side to each next ball. Johnnyt

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Mississippi 9 ball is also a good ghost drill/game. Start with BIH

mississippi.gif

tashworth19191

Silver Member
Thank you for doing this. FYI, I've added your file (with credit to you, and a link) on the "playing the ghost" rating drills resource page.

Good job,
Dave

Thanks Dr Dave. I like all your stuff. The BU Testing for diploma is very good and helping me a lot. The two I have most problems with are the stun shot 4th test in fundamentals and the 5 places to play position skill. Basically I have horrible speed control. I am trying to find a good drill to help with speed control. I have watched your DVD several times and these are the ones that give me most problem.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dr Dave. I like all your stuff. The BU Testing for diploma is very good and helping me a lot. The two I have most problems with are the stun shot 4th test in fundamentals and the 5 places to play position skill. Basically I have horrible speed control. I am trying to find a good drill to help with speed control. I have watched your DVD several times and these are the ones that give me most problem.
I think several of the BU Exam drills are great for practicing speed control, especially the stun, target pool, and safety drills. The run-out drills are also good for speed-control practice.

Are you using the "Hot Tips" from the DVD on the stun-shot drill? They can help a lot.

Catch you later,
Dave

PS: Please post BU scores (and videos if available) on the AZB BU thread, both soon and maybe again in the future as you improve. It is interesting to see how much people can improve over time with practice.

tashworth19191

Silver Member
PS: Please post BU scores (and videos if available) on the AZB BU thread, both soon and maybe again in the future as you improve. It is interesting to see how much people can improve over time with practice.

All of the drills you mentioned are the only ones I have trouble with. I will post my scores and video once I get my Video Camera. I bought one from Amazon and it has not got here yet. :)

Last edited: