Stolen Cues

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RDCustomCues said:
If there is egnough interest I would be interested in maing a site dedicated to stolen cues. I am currently in the development phase for a software for people to inventory ther cue collection with full details including images of each cue they own.

I know there is a web site for registering bicycles out here in california. They issue a sticker that cannot be removed without destroying the sticker. You could send it to the cue owner and possibly have it installed under the wrap or in the butt end. Or just keep it on file to show some sort of proof of ownership/registration

Rift

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I normally find a place either inside the joint area or behind the buttcap to place a distinguishing mark that makes my cue apart from another, that's of course when I had production cues. one ofs are a different matter, I plan on having mine insured. it's only a few bucks a month for some peace of mind. not that it could be replaced but that I atleast get something for my loss to make up for it

Yay it's stuck

leon sly

old school maniac!!
Silver Member
Super Idea My Friend This May Help Someone To Get There Cue Back From.....j Holmes If He Was To Sell It On This Site.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
leon sly said:
Super Idea My Friend This May Help Someone To Get There Cue Back From.....j Holmes If He Was To Sell It On This Site.
If you have any pictures and info on the cue then post it for all to see. ;)

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
My Palmer Model "M" with 2 - 12mm Shafts and a Black Leather Brunswick Case was stolen from a friends home in Mountain View, California in August of 1981 ... The clear window in the Butt has my Name "Howard H." and "Original by Palmer" ... $3,000 Cash Reward for the safe return of this Cue ...

Generic pictures of a Palmer Model "M" can be seen on TATE's website ...

www.PalmerCollector.com

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hicks J/B 2001

Jeff Hicks J/B break stolen From Billiards Plus Abilene TX Sept 2006 100 dollar reward for the return of the cue. marked "hicks stix 01" 3/8x10 pins at both joints....

JB2.jpg

JB3.jpg

Last edited:

mouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Southwest stolen in Jan of 85 along with Its George case and a break jump. I called the police and was told they would mail me a form to fill out and got so disgusted that they would not help and told them not to bother. I still have a bill of sale and Lauri keeping an eye out for it. My question is would my bill of sale stand up if the cue was found. The pin is 300-94. Thanks for your time.

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
southwest

mouse said:
I had a Southwest stolen in Jan of 85 along with Its George case and a break jump. I called the police and was told they would mail me a form to fill out and got so disgusted that they would not help and told them not to bother. I still have a bill of sale and Lauri keeping an eye out for it. My question is would my bill of sale stand up if the cue was found. The pin is 300-94. Thanks for your time.

How did u loose a cue in 1985 that was made in 1994. As far as i know southwest started putting pin numbers after 1993.

can u check ur records:)

mouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry that was a typo I got the cue in Nov I think of 94 and cue was stolen the night before my birthday in January. Was planning on taking girlfriend to play pool that night. What really sucked is I never carried that stick to work before and truck was locked in restaraunt parking lot. I feel pretty certain it had to be someone I worked with or knew me well enough to know where I worked. Pretty shitty regardless.

tripod

Banned
CHALKERS.com ALERT - PFD Studios Titlist x 2 STOLEN

PFD Cue Photo's Shown Below , These Are STOLEN
Beautiful, Beautiful PFD Studios, Hoppe Titlist Conversions
(won't be able to hide em )
For a Better Description or More Information - http://chalkers.com/id16.htm

Attachments

• STOLEN.jpg
    STOLEN.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 5,200

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
my stolen cue

I recently had a one of a kind cue stolen and came across a player with it two months later. It was obvious that he had not stole the cue, and taking it back would have been as wrong as the person who stole it from me. I hadn't filed a police report, where I could have called the police and the cue would have been returned. So I bought it back for what he had into it, which was less than half of what it is worth. I had also bought two new cues. Every cue I buy from now on will have my name written inside the butt underneath the butt cap and I will file police reports on any cues stolen in the future.

Don't hesitate to file police reports!!!!
that is where I messed up.

pilsener19

Pool Aficionado
Silver Member
Stolen Omen Cue

I had a very nice ebony cue made by Pete Ohman (OMEN cues) stolen here in Florida. It has 6 hi/lo purpleheart points with ivory spears. The veneers were silver and light purple. It was stolen with my case. I had to shafts with matching rings and Moori tips. This was a one of a kind cue that easily recognizable. If anyone comes across it please let me know. I would greatly appreciate and would do the same for you. Also, did that sticky for stolen cues ever get put up? Thanks.

pilsener19

Pool Aficionado
Silver Member
Stolen Omen Cue

I had a very nice ebony cue made by Pete Ohman (OMEN cues) stolen here in Florida. It has 6 hi/lo purpleheart points with ivory spears. The veneers were silver and light purple. It was stolen with my case. I had to shafts with matching rings and Moori tips. This was a one of a kind cue that easily recognizable. If anyone comes across it please let me know. I would greatly appreciate and would do the same for you. Also, did that sticky for stolen cues ever get put up? Thanks.

bchilton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stolen Cues in Houston

I recently had my cues stolen along with my car at "The concert Pub" in Houston on the corner of Chimney Rock and Richmond Avenue. The vehicle was recovered, but unfortunately, the cues werent.

Description:

Case: 2 X 4 Jack Justice case. Brown and Black. Approximately 13 years old. My name (Billy Chilton) is made into the small pocket on the case.

Cue #1: Annie-O Custom playing cue with her AO Signature Stamp and serial number. She also made my name (Billy Chilton) into the but of the cue. It has a dark leather wrap and green inlay around the points.

Cue #2: Annie-O Custom Jump/Break Cue with her AO Signature Stamp and serial number. My name was also made into this cue. It has no wrap, but has the same green inlay around the points. The cues were made to match.

Please feel freee to contact me using the following information. I will gladly offer a reward for the return or information that results in the return of these cues.

Billy Chilton
Cell# (504) 756-6669
E-Mail: billychilton@sbcglobal.net

Rift

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Insurance

I would like to let people know, I think quite a few people don't, that you can have your cue insured with your homeowners/renters insurance policies. Ask for a personal articles policy to cover all the cost of replacement and even appreciation if you can have it appraised. It should only add a few dollars to your insurance and give you some peice of mind. Some cues are definitely not replacable, but anything extra to take the bad taste out of your mouth might be good.

bchilton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since they were Annie-O Cues and were among the last ones that she built before she passed away, they are priceless to me. Money is not an object at all.

Rift

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bchilton said:
Since they were Annie-O Cues and were among the last ones that she built before she passed away, they are priceless to me. Money is not an object at all.

As I said some things aren't replaceable. But I figured it'd be something valuable to people to know about expensive cues they have. I wasn't directing my post to any one person.

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stolen AnnieO cues

bchilton said:

I have an 8-point forearm from a cue AnnieO was making for me that she never got to finish. Just the forearm with nothing else. Some day I am going to get it finished into a cue - perhaps as a tribute cue to AnnieO.

I wish you all the luck in getting your cues back. Photos would really help.