Cueball1950 aka Mike Peabody Passed Away

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am so sad to learn that our good friend Mike Peabody aka Cueball1950 has passed away.

Every time Keith and I drove to New York or anywhere on the Joss Tour tournament trail, Mike was there to greet us. He loved pool so much.

A kind soul, I do know he is in heaven. Save a seat on the rail for me, Mike. RIP.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/troyrecord/obituary.aspx…

Attachments

• Keith-Quincy, Massachusetts 030.jpg
    Keith-Quincy, Massachusetts 030.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 569

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew him going back to the early days of the BD/CCB forum. IIRC he had a very sick wife from day one of their marriage who he cared for. She died and then he got sick. He had it tough. RIP Mike

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Jen,

Mike and me always threatened to play three cushion. Never got the chance. Something always came up. To me, he was the face of Golden Cue in Albany. Hope he has found peace.

Lyn

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Jen,

Mike and me always threatened to play three cushion. Never got the chance. Something always came up. To me, he was the face of Golden Cue in Albany. Hope he has found peace.

Lyn

Ah, now I remember him....rest in peace, Mike

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Never met him, but do recall his postings...went through a long stretch of rough times.

RIP Mike.

Jim

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent some time with Mike at the US Open, several years in a row. Very knowledgeable about the game. He did have a tough life. Hope he rests easy.

Brian in VA

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
This is a very sad thread, but nicely done with great posting.
Very upbeat considering the sad situation.
Reminds me of the old days

My condolences to Mike's friends and family
RIP cueball1950

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Now i understand why someone called me asking me if i had worked on Mikes Diamond and converted it to a blue label. Mike was a great guy, always pleasant to be around, and loved to play pool. Sad to hear he passed, didn't even know until now.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! I've been off the forums for the last few days, so this is terrible news. Mike was a great guy, and good friend for many years. Many times he came to the US Open in VA to be with us for the CCB dinner and tournament. One year, he was struggling financially, due to health issues, and wasn't going to be able to attend. I organized an AzB fundraiser and we got him down to VA, with the help of many friends. I'm sad to learn that he passed away, but at least now he's with his beloved wife!

RIP Cueball1950...:sorry:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I am so sad to learn that our good friend Mike Peabody aka Cueball1950 has passed away.

Every time Keith and I drove to New York or anywhere on the Joss Tour tournament trail, Mike was there to greet us. He loved pool so much.

A kind soul, I do know he is in heaven. Save a seat on the rail for me, Mike. RIP.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/troyrecord/obituary.aspx…