View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-04-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
This is the first I've heard of Bob's technique. 1/2 Tip below center does it for me. Also the angle of attack of the cue stick at the point of impact is important. If the angle is too much, the cb will bounce on it's way to the rack and lose force by the time it hits the rack. It may even jump forward after hitting the rack --- as in off the table forward.
I think the CB hops on every hard break, more or less depending on angle and speed. If your best hard break tends to jump up off the head ball you can adjust the cue elevation, starting place and/or speed to better match the length of the CB's hops to the length of the shot. I'd try to keep the speed up and adjust first the cue elevation and then the shot length.

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 10-04-2019 at 04:54 PM.