View Single Post
Old
  (#65)
Guerra Cues
I build one cue at a time

Guerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond reputeGuerra Cues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3200
  Send a message via Skype™ to Guerra Cues 
06-25-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
That's 2 cues Tony. And you're the only vouching for it . And the first cue was muddy from the get go. Sorry, not enough
I can tell you when I used Enduro by Gen Finish, I wet sanded it then went with pistachio and ivory menzerna. It did not turn muddy . But, they did turn milky after a months. Your 45 days hanging test is not a great barometer .
We know auto clears are made for cars that bake and get rained/snowed on for years.
This one needs more people coming forward if they've used it .
I suspect it does not stick to phenolic, stabilized woods and metals all that well.
And it is not designed to be sprayed on epoxy base coat . Or UV .
Fair statement Joey. However the finish itself has been around for 35 years. Major guitar manufacturers use it and as you know guitars are played almost every day and they do get beat up quit a bit. So before I picked this up the mindset is doing the same process as polyurethane.
So there is a learning curve and I am not worried about durability and longevity of the finish.
On the first cue I finished I used a pad that had 3M compound on it and that could have been part of the problem.
The finish sticks to phenolic, no problem. I am vouching because it works, and it's hard. I am not the only cuemaker using it, there are other cuemakers experimenting with it.
There is a learning curve like anything else and this finish has no smell whatsoever. I am 90% close to the correct formula.

Tony
Cel. 385-212-0979

Destroyer Break: Mine
Player: Mine

Follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/guerracues/