View Single Post
Old
  (#73)
Murray Tucker
Just a Padawan
Murray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 566

06-28-2018, 04:52 AM

Many moons ago when I was first starting a well meaning cue maker gave me some advice and told me it would make sealing the cue quick and easy. Since he had been around a while and I was new I just took it for face value and tried it. Sure enough I had the cue sealed and perfectly flat in a matter of minutes. Shot the clear coat, buffed it and sent the cue on it's way. Got a call a few days later that there was a problem with the finish lifting. Got the cue back and sure enough I could peal all the clear coat off with no effort. It had absolutely no adhesion whatsoever.

My first though is that I was duped but after a few questions I found out he was shooting lacquer and I was shooting urethane.

After that I learned to thoroughly test any new technique or product before incorporating/using in my cues.

Murray Tucker, III
Be sure to check out TCW on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tucker...876948?sk=wall
I don't do PM's. Please email me at iii@tuckerbilt.com