Ex wife and league question?

What would you do if your ex wife showed up with someone from your league?

• I would allow her to play in league (and wouldn't worry about it)

Votes: 78 78.8%
  • I would not allow her to play in league

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I would ask the person to quit inviting her

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I would ask her to not show up anymore

Votes: 13 13.1%

• Total voters

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone what would you do if someone you knew played in a league that you ran and they invited your ex wife to league? Now I know that the place is a public place but there is more to this. What if the person that invited your ex wife decided they wanted to put her on their team next season?

Just want to see what everyone's reaction would be or what they would suggest to handle the situation. I doubt very seriously that anyone that I try to date would want my ex wife playing in the league that I operate.

Last edited:

sly_shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People have different relationships with their ex-wives. Some become friends, strangers, mild enemies, or very bad enemies. Seeing your ex might bring up bad memories and make you play not so well, or it might not bother you. Seeing your ex so much, especially playing pool with her might really mess up you head even when you go home. Many lady friends aren't too happy about the ex being around either.

I guess it is different for everyone.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have a problem playing pool when she is playing pool doesn't really bother me.

I just don't really want to hang out with her if you know what I mean...there is a reason she is an EX!

I mean I haven't been going to the places she frequently plays pool at simply because I don't want to tread on her turf, and I don't want to hang out with her.

Also the girl I am dating isn't too cool with her showing up there or even wanting to play. And I doubt very seriously that many woman would approve of her playing in the league.

DirtyIrish

Not even close to the OGs
Silver Member
Ex-Wife and LO

Hi I have just a humble opinion but here goes
I play pool at league because that is where I get better and I play for great enjoymeny we have a saying on all of the teams I play on (3) "NO DRAMA" if you cannot leave it someplace else don't come
Now You as a LO may look at it different but you should not!! if you can get along civilly then 3 hours should be set aside to JUST HAVE A BLAST
our LO's Ex plays NO DRAMA so it is pretty Kewl here in Dallas
Remember this is just MHO
Irish

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if it's going to bother you than i guess it wouldn't be too out of line to ask her to not play. if she insists on it then you should just try to ignore it.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
wow

I get a bit uncomfortable when I run into an ex girlfriend .......I voted for
the let her play and don't worry about it but that of course is in a perfect
world.Hats of and rep to ya ..thats gotta be a toughy :sorry:

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
If the guy she's showing up with was banging her before she was your ex, then it''s a problem. If not, live and let live. You will look petty if you exclude her.

Your girlfriend needs to understand that past is past and your ex lives in that town, unless you were banging the gf prior to divorce, then it's a problem.

Live and let live. Suck it up and at least look like the bigger person, even if you don't feel like it.

:cool:

Destrukkt

9 ball/8 ball New Player
Silver Member
Ignore her, don't let it bug you. Tell your girlfriend to act like she isnt even there.

It'll drive her away, shes probably just there to piss ya off.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Best thing I learned from an ex was to kill her with kindness, just be overly nice and dont show that it bothers you, basically fake it til you make it or you could get drunk and just make a fool of yourself. :grin:

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd find out wat your ex likes to do besides pool league, and I'd show up there with 3 smokin hot hookers, and just hang out and be very cordial. :)

it does work.....she will ignore you at first, then call you the next night.

G.

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just want to see what everyone's reaction would be or what they would suggest to handle the situation. I doubt very seriously that anyone that I try to date would want my ex wife playing in the league that I operate.

This is NOT a unique situation, and if you play leage long enough, you see a few of these situations between ex GFs and wives come up. The fact is that people develop relationships over the years, and have friends that were friends when they are BF/GF and husband/wife before, during, and after the relationships.

I've seen quite a few of these 'reunions' and how they go over depends on your individual relationship at the present time, if any.

Oh, and TBH don't kid yourself to think that a league player that hardly knows you WOULDN'T try to date your ex wife, either. When you play in a largely male dominated league have a single woman...it usually a matter of time before someone 'will try'. I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable, but I've seen it all play out before.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd find out wat your ex likes to do besides pool league, and I'd show up there with 3 smokin hot hookers, and just hang out and be very cordial. :)

it does work.....she will ignore you at first, then call you the next night.

G.

That's funny! But I don't want her to call me! I don't want to hang out with her, that's why I divorced her! LOL

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is NOT a unique situation, and if you play leage long enough, you see a few of these situations between ex GFs and wives come up. The fact is that people develop relationships over the years, and have friends that were friends when they are BF/GF and husband/wife before, during, and after the relationships.

I've seen quite a few of these 'reunions' and how they go over depends on your individual relationship at the present time, if any.

Oh, and TBH don't kid yourself to think that a league player that hardly knows you WOULDN'T try to date your ex wife, either. When you play in a largely male dominated league have a single woman...it usually a matter of time before someone 'will try'. I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable, but I've seen it all play out before.

I honestly could care less who she is dating, hanging with, or whatever! I went out and started this league largely to get away from the league her and I used to play in. This way the people that were in my league are new people, and not people her and I play with.

She just happened to run into this dude and he invited her to this league!

My league has been running about a year, and she has told me she wants to play in it ever since I started it. I asked her back in March not to because there are plenty of other leagues to play in, and I don't show up to any other leagues than this one!

Anyway, part of the reason I started this league was to not be around her.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best thing I learned from an ex was to kill her with kindness, just be overly nice and dont show that it bothers you, basically fake it til you make it :grin:

This wouldn't work with her! It would only fuel her desire to be there!

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
When I walk into the pool room on league night, there are a lot of people I know and will spend time talking with. There are others I don't really know that well, but will speak if that situation comes up. There are even a few people I know and don't care to spend any time with at all. I avoid those people. It's a big pool room.

Just because you are in the same pool room, doesn't mean you need to spend time with. And if you are worrying about what she is doing, who she is talking with, etc, then you still have some unresolved issues.

Move on with your life, and let her do the same. If you cross paths, say hello and then go about your business and let her do the same.

Steve

swrooster

A HOTDOG ROAD PLAYER!!
Silver Member
She obviously wants too and has successfully made you feel uncomfortable. In my opinion the only way you can acheive normalacy is ignore her. With that being said, she will probably escalate additional deals, there is a very true age old quote-even before pool leagues-"Hell holds no fury like a woman scorned". I didn't vote as there was not a choice remotely close to what I would recomend.