Transgender's in Women's Pool League

Should Transgenders Be Allowed to Shoot Pool Against Biological Women?

• Total voters

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
This ENTIRE thread should be deleted. This lady is full of shit.

Please delete!

Trent

This Floors me....You MEN think you know more about my situation than I do. I have lived it, I have been threatened by it, and so have my children. We have had eggs thrown at our cars, tomatoes smashed on our door step, physical threats to my boys and my husband and numerous friends turn their backs on us....all because I challenged a Trans stating that she was a biological male playing in a WOMEN'S pool league!!!

Shame on all of You....I have received enough bulling from the trans..I do not need anymore of your ridicule!

Do you really think that after what I, and my family, have been going through that I would actually reveal my location and names of the women in the league. Are you Kidding? People... what kind of fairly land do you live in....This is REAL! Do you really think I would subject them to the same type of ridicule, threats, and destruction of property that my family and I have experience since I spoke out...NO WAY IN HELL...because it is so hurtful. I have lost confidence in humanity...and then I do a stupid thing like post on this forum my experiences and I get ridiculed further??? I was reaching out to my pool community which my husband and I have been a part of since the early 80's (yes I know I said 70's earlier) only to find there is no more compassion left anymore in this world....Fine you got your damn wish...folks. Just remember when your significant other gets beaten in pool by a trans!!! Remember all her hard work she has put into her game, remember her frustration declaring that it isn't fair!!! When you remember that....remember how you all have treated me!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Apparently I have not understood the meaning of the word bully my entire life. I've seen nothing in this thread that even remotely resembles what I consider bullying and yet it's come up in about 4 threads recently.

You can't just throw those words out every time a discussion doesn't go the way you immagined.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course the OP is, but it doesn't mean the topic shouldn't be discussed.

The topic at hand is, should transgender men be
allowed to play against biological women?

If it is a handicapped format does it even matter?

If it is non-handicapped, the only open women vs.
women format I know of is the WPBA and
they have a set of rules that apply to
such a situation.

Can anyone name an amateur league that
is women only without handicapping involved
and has no rules addressing this issue?

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If it is a handicapped format does it even matter?

If it is non-handicapped, the only open women vs.
women format I know of is the WPBA and
they have a set of rules that apply to
such a situation.

Well, my answer is obviously no, or yes and forfeit any prize money, but still mostly no. The OP hasn't addressed a single real world concern so even if they are telling some form of truth...WHO CARES? Normal people would have moved on from a situation or if they really are angry..they name names. The victim seems to be protecting the victimizers (bullys) and remember if it doesn't make sense...it ain't true, and none of this makes any sense.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Legally you can stand by the the definition of "woman" and deny any male born into female born competitions, and vice versa. The Olympic committee is going through this process now and will eventually have all transgenders rightfully classed (which 99% of them want anyways, just a few trouble makers here and there).

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
This ENTIRE thread should be deleted. This lady is full of it!

Maybe, but maybe not though. In any case the topic itself is interesting on a few levels.

...all because I challenged a Trans stating that she was a biological male playing in a WOMEN'S pool league!!!

That's not a pool issue, or a "MAN" issue. That's a personal issue that revolves more around you backing someone into a corner over your beliefs. To complain we have our own beliefs and that is not fair is a double-standard.

... physical threats to my boys and my husband ... Just remember when your significant other gets beaten in pool by a trans!!! Remember all her hard work she has put into her game, remember her frustration declaring that it isn't fair!!!

Now you swapped genders here. You said your husband and now your husband is a she. So I'm a little lost but for the sake of the actual topic let's skip over that.

Is the issue here that you or your partner lost to someone who is trans-gender and you think that is unfair? Or is it that the idea of trans-gender is one you're not comfortable with?

Either way here's a short version of a long topic:

Your brain is a biological computer bathed in a chemical solution of hormones, nutrients, proteins, and other compounds. It is called, "plastic", in that it can actually change shape and rewire itself to suit the environment it is in, overcome damage, or learn new skills. (There is a Nova documentary on the shape aspect, I believe it is called, "How smart can we get?")

Now on the issue of sex (rather than gender), your brain is pre-wired to be better at some things than others. That's where those hormones come in. So in a very general sense males are better with spatial reasoning and females are far better at communication. Through a lot of patience, time, and effort, you can actually learn to become better at some of those traits you might not have been given at birth.

Certainly there are great male authors, teachers, and lecturers. There are females who excel at sporting endeavors and hand-eye coordination. These are general traits and it is not absolute in which areas a male or female will excel. Of course, we are also capable of learning new skills and in so doing can shift what we excel at. You can in fact learn to become a surgeon and handle a scalpel with incredible dexterity despite being female. There is nothing that prevents it other than education and practice.

In the world of pool there are far more male players than female. That comes from our past as a race where women were thought less of because they were not hunter-gatherer's. There are female players out there who are great masters of the game though. Men have the advantage of spatial reasoning, of muscular strength, and of hand-eye coordination. We think better in patterns that involve math and physics from birth. But ... women can do the same things. Just as well.

No one is born with a cue in their hand. We all have to learn to play. To walk and talk. It all takes practice. Time. Effort.

There is nothing that prevents you, as a female, from being the best, no matter whom you are playing. If someone in your league is trans-gender they don't simply get a free pass to win. I have taught many women to play better and have never run into an issue that prevented them from winning because they have different genitalia.

What I have found is that women who have never entered that kind of arena before don't already have those neural pathways created in their brains and therefore it takes them more practice, more time, and more effort. Why? Because they have to first build the circuits that show them the patterns. That teach them the physics. That allow them to, "feel", shot speed. Then they have to learn the game, the shots, safeties, and so on, and so forth.

But no matter what, there is nothing that will prevent a female from winning.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
For those that found that to be a wall of text too long to read, I might add a YouTube video about it at a later date. I will post a link here if Mike doesn't lock the thread.

I do think it's a topic worth considering if everyone is on an even keel.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

ACS state tournaments are strictly divided up by men and woman. Woman singles, woman team, senior woman, Jack and Jill division.... errr, Jack and Jack now ;)

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ACS state tournaments are strictly divided up by men and woman. Woman singles, woman team, senior woman, Jack and Jill division.... errr, Jack and Jack now ;)

As far as I can tell ACS uses the WPA ruleset.
The WPA rules say that they go by the IOC rules
in this matter.

ACS also has upper/ lower divisions
Masters/AA
A/B
Etc.
Which would constitute handicapping.

Scotch Doubles teams must
be one man and one woman
as per ACS website.

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Throwing the Baby Out with the Bath Water

Ever since the introduction of Fargo Rate, there has been this theme of getting rid of divisions that are divided by gender. The underlying assumption behind this push -- is that the playing field between men and women is level. So why really separate a man with a FR of 500 from a woman with the same rating?

Well, what if the woman who is a FR 500 -- has spent her entire life playing and working on her game, while the man she is playing picked up a cue last year?

This idea that men and women are on an equal footing at pool is just an opinion at this point. Now, my opinion is the opposite and it's just an opinion too, but the evidence from every other sport points toward men having innate advantages when it comes to eye-hand coordination. So at this point, I see no valid reason to force women to play against men.

Sometimes in our attempts at being egalitarian we end up making things worse for women and that's the direction we are headed in many areas, but hopefully not with pool.

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't vote, but this is my stance on the subject:

Let's play the "what if" game.

What if Lebron James started dressing like a woman, donned a wig, shaved all the hair off of his body, got fake breasts, and then announced that he now identified as a woman. Now, supposed he signed a free-agent contract with a Women's National Basketball Association team.

Would that be fair....or right???

To go a step further…..what if five NBA all-star caliber players did the same thing and free-agented themselves onto the same team.

How would that work out for the WNBA league???

I don't want to hear any BS about how I'm comparing apples to oranges. Once a precedent is set, it's hard to get it changed. It needs to stop.....NOW, this practice of those born with penises to be allowed to participate in women's sports activities.

Maniac

Perhaps the league names could be changed from Mens and Womens.

To 'with c#cks' and 'c#ckless'.

Then someone would need to go a bit further than just putting on a wig and dress :grin::wink:

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, what if the woman who is a FR 500 -- has spent her entire life playing and working on her game, while the man she is playing picked up a cue last year?

Well, what if?

When they play, it will be at even races, and each of them should win 50% of the time. Seems fair to me, what's the issue? He's obviously a quicker study than her, so 6 months from now he'll be spotting her, which will also be fair.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Just some generalization here...women almost never use an apostrophe when there’s no need for it. Transgener’s in...

But this has been fun and interesting

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wouldn't touch this poll with a 10ft pole ..:poke:

You got something against Poles, buddy?

476238DC-FB83-40D3-92AB-51CCD28504F3.jpeg

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In my opinion::

If the trans person has started taking the drugs to make the breasts grow so he looks and dresses as a woman, then he should be allowed to play.

If the trans person dresses or acts like a male, then he should not be allowed to play.