I'm a bit confused about Schon SL-7

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you Sean. What you've mentioned seems consistent w/ the one or two responses thus far. I was under the impression someone (at some point) who's really into Schon might know the chronology of how/when the diamond inlays got "fuzzier";
HOWEVER, as you've put "no alarm" (I'd tend to think makes good sense) then maybe the variations of the SL-7 in time are literally inconsequential in any/every respect. NONETHELESS it (the local cue) is indeed an SL-7 and not an R-12 (as one poster nearly suggested it might be). I firmly believed it was not an R-12 from the get-go. ... Blue Book, palmercues.com, several posts at AZB &tc. all helped make that abundantly clear (I think). I appreciate it Sean, beings I'm almost (or maybe even fully) able to say, "case closed." If there were any greater detail RE the provenance of subtle design flux w/r/t the SL-7 (or SL series in general) and someone kindly posted it (if it existed) that's cool, and if not, that's cool too.
Best,
Paul

Paul, I've seen identical old R-series models, one with a "fuzzy" or rounded diamond inlays and one with diamonds having razor sharp corners. Also, some brand new ones with each style of diamonds. It just seems like however they approach building certain Schon cues. Best to you,

mojarraman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Paul, I've seen identical old R-series models, one with a "fuzzy" or rounded diamond inlays and one with diamonds having razor sharp corners. Also, some brand new ones with each style of diamonds. It just seems like however they approach building certain Schon cues. Best to you"

Great info. Thanks Kindly

mojarraman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm Alabama bound
And if the train don't stop and turn around
I'm Alabama bound
Oh, don't you leave me here
Oh, don't you leave me here
But if you must go anyhow
Just leave a dime for beer
Oh don't you be like me
Drink your good sweet cherry wine
And let that whiskey be
Well your hair don't curve
And your eyes ain't blue
Well if you don't want me, Polly Ann
Well I don't want you

Skynyrd did a version called "Mississippi Kid," w/ a top flight blues harp solo, but Louis Jordan's jump blues version almost takes the cake. I dunno if I ever heard the Huddie Leadbetter, Leadbelly original. Hey, that gives me an idea...gonna give a belly full 'o lead...KS is conceal/carry so we's cun keeps weselves PROtected ... that way in Bammy?

mojarraman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just leave a dime for bur...thataway my old belly full o' lead n bur 'll fal purt nice rawt abowt thur!

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Alabama is open carry. We like it that way down here......but I don't see what this has to do with the question I asked. I like that cue and I've never seen a Schon like this one.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
You were making fun of me? Why would you try to do that? What were you actually
contributing? You seem unclear.

Whuddaya mean "new here" As far as I know you're new here ... this is my thread FWIW so YOU are new here LOL
how do u know i'm new? whadaya follow a new guy or something? i go for gals, not guys, i don't necessarily dig it too much being followed around - new or old - by a fella. so there's "old here" i spse how old r u? respect for elders?

squatters rights?

i guess if somebody spends all their time on a forum they're "old here" and suck up to whomever they please and try to be asinine to whomever? should i care?. really don't. why should I? .. there's never much interest whatsoever in old here. especially not "nice" old guys here who want to give candy to the new boy here or some utterly weird thing ... no siree bob nope you musta got me confused w/ somebody else ... "gee i own this block and give out candy to the new guys" nope, not me, doesn't pertain...i can't figure for the life of me what YOU contributed to this here little "nice" discussion

In that case I guess the discussion is that the cue is a one-off Schon with a bad finish.
Let's see the forearm to further this discussion along

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
WOW, I survived this post from beginning to end!

This might be as simple as a Schon made while Bob Runde was in the shop and Evan Clark. My guess would be, sharp = Runde, round = Clark.
I prefer Runde FWIW...