New Tom Brooks Cue Case

howardthedick

BIG Head Club
Silver Member
I got this case last weekend from Tom at Derby City. It's a 2x4 The front and top of the case is loaded with accents of Stingray and the back of the case has an inlay of genuine Python. Body of the case is cowhide. This case is gorgeous. Tom is a master leathermaker and specializes in leather carving and leather braiding. To see some of his very fancy carved leather cases stop by Don Shermans (Sureman) booth or Omega Mikes at the Derby City Classics. Omega Mike has a really decked out brand new Tom Brooks case with tons of carving in a Genghis Khan theme. Toms cases are truly works of art. Not to mention functional and well made.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 505
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 465
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 469
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 462
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 464

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I had the pleasure of meeting Tom at the show and he is a great person, hell of a leather worker and very artistic. He showed me some of his work that hasn't been seen on the net and it's even more impressive. He has a double lacing method that he invented which looks super cool and makes the case stronger and even nicer to look at.

I look forward to talking more with Tom and learning his lacing method. He graciously offered to teach me and because we were closing up and I was so tired I put it off. But Tom, you are on the list of places to visit and during the coming year we are going to travel and meet all of our friends so you can show me how to do it in the proper setting, your workbench. :)

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful work with me, I was honored that you did.

Edit. Also not to stir up shit but just for the sake of accuracy, and Howard your pictures SUCK :) -

Tom's inlays are TRUE inlays. And they are tight. No, I mean they ARE TIGHT. No glue lines, flush, 100% accurate and perfectly executed. They don't look like filigree, they look like inlays as we all understand inlays in cues.

Last edited:

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
There's another reason I wish I'd gone to the DCC besides the great pool you get to meet craftsman like Tom. Your case looks outstanding.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
There's another reason I wish I'd gone to the DCC besides the great pool you get to meet craftsman like Tom. Your case looks outstanding.

And I forgot to say that THIS CASE is how you work with stingray. Not only did Tom lace this up BY HAND.....TWICE but he also perfectly inlaid the stingray diamonds into veg tan seamlessly.