New Here? - Introduce Yourself

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there from the Netherlands

Hello fellow pool addicts,

Long time lurker, first time poster from Holland here. I was hoping to be able to post a bit sooner, but for some reason I had to wait a while to have my posting privileges granted.

Anyway, I've been playing this beautiful game for going-on-twenty years now, out of which the first 15 were of the 'ballbangin'-variety. Only the last few years I've been studying the technical side and the mechanics of the game, so I'm a bit reluctant to actually boast my twenty years experience. I'm a modest guy anyway so I wouldn't be doing a lot of boastin'.

I absolutely love training on my own now that I have this new-found technical insight of the game. I love doing drills and running racks of straight pool for hours a few times a week, I also play some friends at the club (preferably the ones that are better than me or at least give me a good challenge) and I am captain of a competition team (like APA I guess, allthough competition in Holland is organized in a different way). I tend to struggle a bit with the mental side of the game sometimes - to be honest, I get down on myself sometimes and I tend to be way too hard on myself. Tryin' to work on that too!

So what else... I'm playing with a Predator P3, but have ordered an Exceed (been waiting for almost a year for delivery, expect to receive it end of this year... should still be worth it though)

Guess that's it for now. Feel free to ask if you wanna know more! I expect to post regularly, so maybe we'll meet!

Jonbouy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello to all. I am new here so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is John McCoy and I have been playing pool for over 50 years. I am an expat and currently reside in Costa Rica. I will not post much but I enjoy reading the other posts. Thank you.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum!

Can you explain how pool "competition" is organized in Holland?

Thanks,
JoeyA

Hello fellow pool addicts,

Long time lurker, first time poster from Holland here. I was hoping to be able to post a bit sooner, but for some reason I had to wait a while to have my posting privileges granted.

Anyway, I've been playing this beautiful game for going-on-twenty years now, out of which the first 15 were of the 'ballbangin'-variety. Only the last few years I've been studying the technical side and the mechanics of the game, so I'm a bit reluctant to actually boast my twenty years experience. I'm a modest guy anyway so I wouldn't be doing a lot of boastin'.

I absolutely love training on my own now that I have this new-found technical insight of the game. I love doing drills and running racks of straight pool for hours a few times a week, I also play some friends at the club (preferably the ones that are better than me or at least give me a good challenge) and I am captain of a competition team (like APA I guess, allthough competition in Holland is organized in a different way). I tend to struggle a bit with the mental side of the game sometimes - to be honest, I get down on myself sometimes and I tend to be way too hard on myself. Tryin' to work on that too!

So what else... I'm playing with a Predator P3, but have ordered an Exceed (been waiting for almost a year for delivery, expect to receive it end of this year... should still be worth it though)

Guess that's it for now. Feel free to ask if you wanna know more! I expect to post regularly, so maybe we'll meet!

Humboldthero

Registered
I'm 36 and live in middle Georgia, work at Robins AFB and AF veteran. Recently purchased a new home. Misstook the formal dining area as being large enough for a table, was wrong. Wound up putting a table in the garage.

After reading through the site I quickly learned that this is a forum for dedicated players and the table preference being either a GC or Diamond. While searching for a table I ruled out a Diamond based on my budget and searched for either a GC or Gandy big G. Really wanted a Gandy beings how I'm in the Macon area. No luck on Craigslist for that but did find a 9' Brunswick Sport King in decent condition p, which most on here seem to agree is also a great playing table. It was a family table and never in a pool room. $500 later and $440 to have it put together I'm happily playing again. This is my second table, previous a Brunswick Orleans. Love how the SK plays. It has the original Monarch cushions which still play great. The pockets are huge. On no accounts am I a great player so enjoy being able to slam balls in. My last table had far tighter pockets and I didn't enjoy the game play on it as much. Play with a Viking cue and bought new Cyclop balls. Will post game room pictures in the show your home room thread at a later date.

kimo

Registered

Hello to all I just became a member hope to meet some interesting folks
just started playing about six months ago. I'm in vegas we have, CUE CLUB,
HARDTIMES AND GRIFFES have on tried cue club have met some interesting folks??
I'm looking for a certain cue schon ltd 909 got to have one,i know forgive me for sounding goofy thanks to all,:)

DaveInSC

Banger
New Old Guy

New guy here. Back after about a 20 year break from the game. And it shows, I'm terrible! All I can do anymore is bank for some odd reason.

Been playing and practicing as much as possible for the past month or so and back in love with it just like I was in college. My lovely wife enjoys playing too, but she's never played in the past.

Have a cue on order, and wife will be getting one soon as well. We are both lining up lessons with a local pro as well.

If anybody is near Greenville, SC and would like to play for funsies or offer us some tips, let me know!

Dave

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum!

Can you explain how pool "competition" is organized in Holland?

Thanks,
JoeyA

Yeah I see I used the word 'competition' where I shoulda used 'league', I guess. Anyway, like I mentioned here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5938593&postcount=2951 we don't have a handicap system, we always play on 9ft tables and besides 8 and 9 we also play 10ball, straight pool and 10ball scotch doubles.

The leagues are organized in districts and divisions.
Districts cover a smaller area (so closer to home). Levels are a bit lower. Played in the evenings on week days.
Divisions cover a bigger area of Holland (higher division = bigger area), played during weekends and play level increases with each higher divisions too. The highest division has players like Niels Feijen, Marco Teutscher, Nick vd Berg etc.

Last edited:

ron808

ron808 new member looking to sell my McDermott portico couldn't find the person interested in buying one. could you help?

restorick2378

Registered
Hello from Milwaukee

Hello everyone,

My name is Rick and I hail from the land of beer and cheese. Looking forward to meeting folks and learning from folks more knowledgeable than I. Hopefully someday I can contribute something of value to this great community.

Thanks!
Rick

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played for about 8 years, took 15+ off, just getting back into it, been playing terrible and started doing a little reading, came across the forums. Very enjoyable content on here. Wishing you all the best

Brizzle

Registered
Hello my name dave. I haved always like pool and play around since i was 12 now 31. Never been great but enjoy playing.
I have recently been doing alot of research for my current pool table.
Found that all my Google searches led me to this forum.

Look forward to reading and discuss all aspects of pool.

Thank you

kennepool

Hello from Kirkland, WA! I've been playing pool on and off since my teens. Originally from Las Vegas; spent a lot of time at Cue Club and Pool Sharks. I noticed there are a few members here mentioned Cue Club :thumbup:. I recently started playing in a local APA league and it's has fired me up on pool again. Finding this forum recently has been one of the a happiest accidents. I lurked around for a while reading reviews about cues and cases. Thanks guys for sharing such a rich amount of information for me to sponge.

TristX

Registered
Hi, Bob here.
Not really new, lurker for awhile with a few post here and there.
APA / BCA member
Usually play 3-4 times a week.

ratdaddy

Registered
Sorry I'm late...I got here as quick as I could...

My name is Jeff. I'm originally from Madison, WI but have been living in Fort Worth, TX for about 20 years. I was in the billiards industry for a while in the late '80s and early '90s...I managed Jerry Briesath's pool room Cue-Nique Billiards for about 7 years and also worked for Cue-Nique MicroLogic which was his pool room computer system. I also managed Silver Q Billiards in Gainesville, FL.

I have been in the golf business the last 18 years in both retail and manufacturing.

Jjhustle

Registered
Hi my name is Joshua Johnson I'm a active pool player in the east coast. I have been playing pool for 12 years. I love the game and I hope to play and compete for as long as I can. I would like to join AzBilliards manly because I collect pool cues.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Bigbaby987

Registered
My name is Ben and I too am a pool addict. I’ve been playing pool since I was around 12. Played most of college till my Cue was stolen and I lost my desire to play. I just recently got back into it. Picked up a Bruno GC and practice everyday. I don’t seem to do as well in league as I do in practice. I’m sure it will get batter over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk