I don't think this has ever been done before. New event

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Well I am always working to come up with something different. I am not sure if this has been done before or not maybe someone can tell me. Below is the press release that gives the info and hopefully will be up on the front page when ever Mike has a chance since he is heading to Turning Stone.

The Legends and Champions pool Tour will be continuing their great relationship with Drifters Pool Room in Lincoln, Nebraska on Friday February 8th, 9th and 10th for the first ever Legends and Champions Pro-Challenge.

"This concept has been very well received by all the pool rooms I have spoken to and from the feedback I am getting a tremendous response by the local pool communities" said Mark Cantrill of the Legends and Champions Pool Tour.

Drifters Pool Room will be holding 4 qualifiers between now and the weekend of february 8th. One qualifier for each of the following 8-Ball, 9-Ball, 14.1 and one pocket. The winner of each qualifier will become part of "Team Drifters" and will play a set of that game against Nick Varner on the weekend of the event and try to bring home a win for "Team Drifters". There will be trophys and prizes for all the players in this event along with possible bragging rights IF the challengers beat 8 time World Champion Nick Varner and remembering that the Kentucky Colonel holds a World title in each of these events Team Drifters are going to have their hands full.

Here is the schedule for the qualifiers at Drifters.

Jan 26 (One Pocket and 8-ball)

Jan 27 (9-ball) and Feb 2 (14.1). Please feel free to call Drifters for any other information you may need at 402-261-3617.

The Schedule for the Legends and Champions Pro-Challenge is as follows.

Feb 8 – 7:00 Short Exhibition and story telling, ending with Scotch Doubles Nick & B vs Selected Champs 8-ball Race to 5

Feb 9 – Noon Nick vs 9-ball champ race to 15 followed by Nick vs 14.1 champ to 100

Feb 10 – Noon Nick vs 1-pocket champ race to 7 followed by Nick vs 8-ball champ race to 9

This promises to be a fun weekend with some local team spirit thrown in. We cannot do these events without the help of our sponsors. Who always come through for us. So a VERY BIG and special thank you to Drifters pool Room who make this happen at the ground level and are constantly going above and beyond the call for the Loncoln and Omaha Pool community. Airart1 who give me everything they got not just financially but in all areas and all around great guys. A new sponsor to us is Carpets Direct who we are very happy to have on board and hope to see more of them in the future. Another constant supporter of our events who also is there for us no matter what Tacticalchalker.com. Without these guys these events just do not happen so THANK YOU one more time.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I am always working to come up with something different. I am not sure if this has been done before or not maybe someone can tell me. Below is the press release that gives the info and hopefully will be up on the front page when ever Mike has a chance since he is heading to Turning Stone.

The Legends and Champions pool Tour will be continuing their great relationship with Drifters Pool Room in Lincoln, Nebraska on Friday February 8th, 9th and 10th for the first ever Legends and Champions Pro-Challenge.

"This concept has been very well received by all the pool rooms I have spoken to and from the feedback I am getting a tremendous response by the local pool communities" said Mark Cantrill of the Legends and Champions Pool Tour.

Drifters Pool Room will be holding 4 qualifiers between now and the weekend of february 8th. One qualifier for each of the following 8-Ball, 9-Ball, 14.1 and one pocket. The winner of each qualifier will become part of "Team Drifters" and will play a set of that game against Nick Varner on the weekend of the event and try to bring home a win for "Team Drifters". There will be trophys and prizes for all the players in this event along with possible bragging rights IF the challengers beat 8 time World Champion Nick Varner and remembering that the Kentucky Colonel holds a World title in each of these events Team Drifters are going to have their hands full.

Here is the schedule for the qualifiers at Drifters.

Jan 26 (One Pocket and 8-ball)

Jan 27 (9-ball) and Feb 2 (14.1). Please feel free to call Drifters for any other information you may need at 402-261-3617.

The Schedule for the Legends and Champions Pro-Challenge is as follows.

Feb 8 – 7:00 Short Exhibition and story telling, ending with Scotch Doubles Nick & B vs Selected Champs 8-ball Race to 5

Feb 9 – Noon Nick vs 9-ball champ race to 15 followed by Nick vs 14.1 champ to 100

Feb 10 – Noon Nick vs 1-pocket champ race to 7 followed by Nick vs 8-ball champ race to 9

This promises to be a fun weekend with some local team spirit thrown in. We cannot do these events without the help of our sponsors. Who always come through for us. So a VERY BIG and special thank you to Drifters pool Room who make this happen at the ground level and are constantly going above and beyond the call for the Loncoln and Omaha Pool community. Airart1 who give me everything they got not just financially but in all areas and all around great guys. A new sponsor to us is Carpets Direct who we are very happy to have on board and hope to see more of them in the future. Another constant supporter of our events who also is there for us no matter what Tacticalchalker.com. Without these guys these events just do not happen so THANK YOU one more time.

Hey bfdlad,
I thank you and your sponsors for all you do for the pool world. Happy New Year to you and your family. Thanks again.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will there be any streaming video of this? Those finals sound like they would be fun to watch!

Sounds like a great event,cheers!

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Will there be any streaming video of this? Those finals sound like they would be fun to watch!

Sounds like a great event,cheers!
Hey Spider, thanks for your support. I don't think there will be any streaming but if there is someone out there in the area who wants to come and do it. I have no problem with that.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Great idea, Mark. ;)

Wish it was closer, so I could compete or even sweat it. I wonder if BigTruck would stream this? Or is there someone else who might be able to?

It would have been nice if Banks had been thrown in the mix......... :)

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Great idea, Mark. ;)

Wish it was closer, so I could compete or even sweat it. I wonder if BigTruck would stream this? Or is there someone else who might be able to?

It would have been nice if Banks had been thrown in the mix......... :)
Yeah, banks would be nice but I think we may already be pushing the limits with 1pct and 14.1. We want people to come to the pool room and watch it and to be honest Banks is a specialized market. Most people in Lincoln play 8 & 9 ball. Thanks for the support though, we always appreciate ya.

MN_Josh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is "B"?

These races seem a little off. One game of 14.1 to 100 vs a race to 7 in one pocket.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Jhanso. Thanks it seems to be populare but I am only going by the feedback the pool rooms are getting. Thanks again

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Who is "B"?

These races seem a little off. One game of 14.1 to 100 vs a race to 7 in one pocket.
Sorry, I know that is confusing. They have a regular B & under scotch doubles tourney. One of the players from that tourney will be paired up with Nick. So he don't have a AA+ player on his team. I think they are going to draw somehow,.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Like this idea... Great concept.. ya coming near Spokane anytime soon?
BIG BK, I would love to do this in Spokane. Lets talk tomorrow its not easy to pull off but has alot of potential. Hope all is well with you and my girl,friend oops I mean your wife :)

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I remember a few years ago when they tried a tour out East called the DMIRO tour. The Amateurs and the pros played in different brackets in the same tournament, only meeting in the semis and finals. The top performing amateurs from the year were supposed to play in a year end tournament for the money that was scraped off the top of every entry fee during the entire tour. Then the tournament director (Mike ???) kept the money and the tournament never happened. I would have been in that year end tournament...oh well.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a cool idea. I've never seen it before.

Are the qualifying tournaments open to anyone or are they limited to amateurs (however defined)? That is, if another world champion shows up, would they be allowed to play the qualifier to meet Nick in the challenge match?

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
This is a cool idea. I've never seen it before.

Are the qualifying tournaments open to anyone or are they limited to amateurs (however defined)? That is, if another world champion shows up, would they be allowed to play the qualifier to meet Nick in the challenge match?
Thats a great question, Its really up to the pool room on that but from what I gather other than the scotch doubles its open to anyone. I think I would be mixed on another pro entering, of course it would make for something special (If they qualified) when the Pro-Challenge came along but the idea is not only for the Locals to have a good time and be a part of somce thing special but also the qualifiers are a way for the pool room to make some extra cash. I think if Darren Appleton or Archer showed up it would affect the entrys into the qualifier in a bad way. If Efren shows up I will tell you what decision Drifters pool Room made :)

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a great Idea, you might get something like that going at McGoos in Tulsa. You might try talking with Shad McMinn...

Good Luck

dfweyer

Play it safe...
Silver Member
I'm from Lincoln and am definitely playing the 14.1 and 1-pocket tournaments since 8 & 9-ball quickly get old.

I'd be in for banks too, tough to get these other events going when probably only 10% of the regulars actually know the rules and have played these games.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I'm from Lincoln and am definitely playing the 14.1 and 1-pocket tournaments since 8 & 9-ball quickly get old.

I'd be in for banks too, tough to get these other events going when probably only 10% of the regulars actually know the rules and have played these games.
Yeah, like I said in a previous post I got to work with the percentages of what people will come and watch. So you are probably spot on and Nils at Drifters is working on a One Pocket league out of there. He has a a number of people already involved and commited to playing but its not that many as opposed to a 8 ball league. Look forward to seeing you there if you are gonna come to the m ain event. I guess if you win your qualifier you will be there for sure. Good luck.