Shane VanBoening VS: Chang Jung Lin Tomorrow LIVE in Ft Worth Tx

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got nothing to do with yall's beef. Just want to interject that I don't agree with your claim that Salt City Billiards is a shitty pool room. It is clean, friendly, inexpensive, almost always a little action, and a couple of tournaments per week. I could not ask for anything more. Oh, but there's more...before the Turning Stone classic they run a big tournament and a bunch of mini tournaments and sponsor and exhibition between usually SVB and someone else...(Earl last summer, Billy Thorpe another time I think). Maybe you were on your period that day? You act like that often enough on the forum.

They get a little bold until they are outside looking in!
It's definitely a no snowflake kind of room.
See you soon.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I've got nothing to do with yall's beef. Just want to interject that I don't agree with your claim that Salt City Billiards is a shitty pool room. It is clean, friendly, inexpensive, almost always a little action, and a couple of tournaments per week. I could not ask for anything more. Oh, but there's more...before the Turning Stone classic they run a big tournament and a bunch of mini tournaments and sponsor and exhibition between usually SVB and someone else...(Earl last summer, Billy Thorpe another time I think). Maybe you were on your period that day? You act like that often enough on the forum.

Well, I dunno about their 5x10....I couldn’t make a ball on it....:scratchhead:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the update on the SVB/Chang match and thanks for taking the BS to a private room, to bad you couldn’t keep the door closed.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great match by both players. Shane showed his top gear, Chang showed a little dog, but one can never tell if it was for the crowd. As good as Shane was breaking in the end, it looked like bar pool for Shane. His final barrage looked like a never-miss proposition. Really unlucky to have a dry break end up as a 1-10 combo for Chang. The last dry break was thing-of-beauty runout by Chang, as the balls clustered strangely.

If i assessed the match, Shane started slow, but three times he showed that his offensive A game is better than anyone on the planet, owing much to his break. Chang didnt start slow and showed that his average game is higher than Shane’s. And there doesn’t look like there’s anything that Chang doesn’t do world class. That includes killing flies.

Had it been rack your own with the template, i think a 10-pack would have been a good bet by either of these two. As it was (referee racked the template, but player could inspect and suggest) , anytime Shane didn't make a ball on the break was a bit mystifying. Chang on the other hand didn’t have the repeatable speed on his break, and the three times that I saw him break noticeably harder/faster, he came up dry. I think he knows better than this, but either was hitting them harder for the crowd or hitting them like a guy with a huge lead.

I didn’t have any real problem with the stream that wasn’t self induced. But, I did leave it for a few moments here and there.

The commentary was less than stellar, but maybe the lead was so big at times that they got bored. Note to future commentators: talking about food is a turn off (of the sound).

Freddie <~~~ throwing stones

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Commentary was weak BUT it wasn't in your face, constant, loud and annoying so I'd settle for it in advance for most streams.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
It is weird to see Shane get blown out like this. I know 7 games isn't really a blow out on paper but damn. Get back to the grind Shane. "Rocky III"

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's okay guys, Shane would've won if they extended the race to 100.

I hear you, but I think is is a bit misplaced for this matchup when we’re talking about Chang, since we know Chang beat Shane in the uber-long race format before.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is weird to see Shane get blown out like this. I know 7 games isn't really a blow out on paper but damn. Get back to the grind Shane. "Rocky III"

While I am not contending either didn't want to win, it was basically funsie pool and there might be more value in a loss than in a win, no?

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
If you're in the Dallas area come by FLIPS Restaurant and Billiard Club in Ft Worth to see this powerhouse matchup - MATCHES START AT 7 PM Central Standard Time

The Game is 10 Ball race to 50 over 2 days. I have a friend that just bet $5000 on Shane and giving up 5 GAMES ON THE WIRE to Chang!!

This should be close, 5 games may be too much!

:thumbup:I'll be doing the play by play commentary with a very special guest, so if you can't be in Texas, JOIN US LIVE at sullyvisiontv.com for the PPV at 5 PM Central Time.:thumbup:

Best Wishes my friends, I've missed the interaction on azbilliards, maybe I'll start posting again - I have a lot of new knowledge to share and a membership site @ www.masteringpocketbilliards.com with 9 new videos and about to be uploaded.

CJ Wiley

Hi CJ. Good to have you back. I always enjoyed your views on pool. There are a few unhappy people on this forum. Very negative and they will try to intimidate you. Try to ignore them and post from the heart!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get more excited seeing Shane play 1p.

Shane's 10b break is very predictable.

That's why his BNR rate was 48%.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing comeback by SVB.
Then again , Chang might have let up so he wouldn't kill his future action.

He's the king of the hill for now.

LOL
You may be right. When Chang was at 48, Shane missed a kick on the 1 and Chang did not bother to take BIH. I suppose by then , Chang already cleaned up all the side bets that gave him games on the wire (5 , 10 games? ;) ).
Shane also sort of gave up when he did not even bother to check rack but when he got within 10 racks, he started inspecting racks
Winner cheque only $1500 (20% of stream revenue) . Which means only about 300 to 400 people bought PPV

Crazy that Chang was able to fade that

Shane was the better breaker but his edge in the breaking department was not big enough to fade Chang in post-break departments of safety and shotmaking.
Chang won most of safety battles (24 games involved safeties) https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=493199
Even though Chang broke dry 13 times , he still managed to win 6 (46% of those games) while Shane only won 1 of his 9 dry breaks (11%)
Chang was also better in the shotmaking department missing less balls than Shane. Shane hung many balls which gave away games to Chang. Chang's CB control was also more precise allowing him to get out of tough racks.
:)